Any NFL fans on the board??

AUgrad00

Steerlers fan here.............God I hope we get rid of Todd Haley soon.

I agree, but we also need a real running game. At least we get a decent draft pick.

The biggest problem is that those big boys don't forget that kind of action. They will come at him with a little extra for awhile.

Cam didn't instigate it, he retaliated trying to protect himself. The Raiders were trying to take him out of the game.

Cam is getting some bad media play this year (just like in 2010). He's not doing himself any favors on the field. That stuff about the Pro Bowl last season was not good, either. Not saying it's all his fault, by any means. I just want him to let his play on the field and his conduct off it to speak for him.

Not sure what you mean....his off field conduct at AU and everywhere since then has been just fine....no issues of any kind and in Charlotte, his is very popular and donates time and money to many causes. His showboating on the field is no worse than dozens of other players in the league including some on his own team.

JMO but there is a lot of jealousy over him and most media that were after him in 2010 have not given up. I don't like the showboating on the field but that's the NFL and it's not fair for anyone to single Cam out for criticism. As noted by many and admitted by one of the Raiders they were after Cam with intent to take him out of the game. The refs were ignoring late hits in bounds and out of bounds and I don't blame Cam for reacting when it continued. Interesting that though Cam has been criticized for the kick, the refs saw what happened and penalized a Raider for unnecessary roughness on the play.

living in NC, I have been watching Cam since last season. My team though is the Saints. I have followed them for the past 30 years through most bad than good except since Drew and Shaun came on the scene. Brees has been a pleasure to watch since he came to the Saints. The Saints have the best offense in the NFL on most Sundays. I am a big fan of Ben Grubbs. Rarely do you see Ben get called for a penalty. He has been a great addition for the Saints. I think you will see a team on a mission from the first game of the 2013 season. When the Saints play the Panthers, I do want the Saints to win, but want Cam to have a great game even in a loss.

living in NC, I have been watching Cam since last season. My team though is the Saints. I have followed them for the past 30 years through most bad than good except since Drew and Shaun came on the scene. Brees has been a pleasure to watch since he came to the Saints. The Saints have the best offense in the NFL on most Sundays. I am a big fan of Ben Grubbs. Rarely do you see Ben get called for a penalty. He has been a great addition for the Saints. I think you will see a team on a mission from the first game of the 2013 season. When the Saints play the Panthers, I do want the Saints to win, but want Cam to have a great game even in a loss.

Saints fan here! I became a Saints fan when I moved to NO for Seminary. Everyone in NO is a Saints fan and LSU fan (no way they were converting me to lswho). I agree! Watch out for WhoDat nation in 2013!

The biggest problem is that those big boys don't forget that kind of action. They will come at him with a little extra for awhile.

Cam didn't instigate it, he retaliated trying to protect himself. The Raiders were trying to take him out of the game.

Cam is getting some bad media play this year (just like in 2010). He's not doing himself any favors on the field. That stuff about the Pro Bowl last season was not good, either. Not saying it's all his fault, by any means. I just want him to let his play on the field and his conduct off it to speak for him.

Not sure what you mean....his off field conduct at AU and everywhere since then has been just fine....no issues of any kind and in Charlotte, his is very popular and donates time and money to many causes. His showboating on the field is no worse than dozens of other players in the league including some on his own team.

JMO but there is a lot of jealousy over him and most media that were after him in 2010 have not given up. I don't like the showboating on the field but that's the NFL and it's not fair for anyone to single Cam out for criticism. As noted by many and admitted by one of the Raiders they were after Cam with intent to take him out of the game. The refs were ignoring late hits in bounds and out of bounds and I don't blame Cam for reacting when it continued. Interesting that though Cam has been criticized for the kick, the refs saw what happened and penalized a Raider for unnecessary roughness on the play.

We basically agree. I just want him to keep doing the good stuff off the field, to play well on the field, and to keep the commentary to a minimum for a while.

Saints fan here! I became a Saints fan when I moved to NO for Seminary. Everyone in NO is a Saints fan and LSU fan (no way they were converting me to lswho). I agree! Watch out for WhoDat nation in 2013!

I'm with ya Preacherman and Doc. Geaux Saints!

Green Bay!! I know this is a little off topic but the over under for the Ucla and Baylor game is 82 1/2. I like the under. What do yall think?

I'm with ya Preacherman and Doc. Geaux Saints!

Saints will make a comeback next year...WHO DAT!

Green Bay!! I know this is a little off topic but the over under for the Ucla and Baylor game is 82 1/2. I like the under. What do yall think?

Looks like you're gonna be right. 55 points with less than 3 minutes to go in 3rd quarter. Baylor has decided to play defense for a change.

I used to be a fan of the NFL, but I haven't watched an NFL game in years. I quit watching it when they started to add one stupid rule after another. Those stupid rules are slowly filtering down to the college game and I hate it. They need to let the nfl keep all the stupid rules and leave the college game alone. There are also too many teams in the NFL I have always hated (Dallas, Indy, Denver, New Orleans, Giants, Jets) and its just not at all fun to watch anymore, IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Great time of year. The Seahawks are sick 50 points a game they are averaging the last 3 weeks. Them and Denver lookl ike the 2 best teams to me.

It's been hard for me to stomach the Seahawks because I loathe CheaterPete Carroll...but I really do love Ben Obomanu, so today I am cheering for Ben's team.

I have never really been an NFL fan until Cam Newton. Now I am a Panther's fan. I just love watching him play.

As for his incident with the ref.....Cam has had a huge target on his back since 2010. Dealing with that has got to be frustrating. His O-Line has a hard job in trying to protect him. He knows that people are trying to take him out in every game,and ruin his career and I think it finally got to him. He apologized publicly, and I respect him for that. He's incredibly and uniquely gifted, and the jealousy and hatefulness towards him is disturbing. Michael Vick gets better treatment than Cam, and it makes no sense.

Great time of year. The Seahawks are sick 50 points a game they are averaging the last 3 weeks. Them and Denver lookl ike the 2 best teams to me.

It's been hard for me to stomach the Seahawks because I loathe CheaterPete Carroll...but I really do love Ben Obomanu, so today I am cheering for Ben's team.

I have never really been an NFL fan until Cam Newton. Now I am a Panther's fan. I just love watching him play.

As for his incident with the ref.....Cam has had a huge target on his back since 2010. Dealing with that has got to be frustrating. His O-Line has a hard job in trying to protect him. He knows that people are trying to take him out in every game,and ruin his career and I think it finally got to him. He apologized publicly, and I respect him for that. He's incredibly and uniquely gifted, and the jealousy and hatefulness towards him is disturbing. Michael Vick gets better treatment than Cam, and it makes no sense.

The refs were letting the Raiders get away with some dirty stuff and Cam got fed up with it. I can't say that I blame him and he apologized to the ref later in the game.

"The refs were letting the Raiders get away with some dirty stuff and Cam got fed up with it. I can't say that I blame him and he apologized to the ref later in the game."

Yes....but the point is that Raiders intentionally and admittedly were trying to hurt Cam and take him out, and he lost his composure over that. He was a specific,named target for the Saints bounty paying system too.

It's why I am not a fan of the NFL.

• 2 weeks later...

Huge win for the Falcons today...now we knock off San Fran on our way to Bourbon Steet! Rise Up!

Maybe next year.

Archived