Any NFL fans on the board??

AUgrad00

Panthers, Broncos, and Seahawks are my favorite teams and they're all rolling right now. Just wish Carolina could've started a little earlier in the season.

Anyone else see Cam's little temper tantrum yesterday? Not exactly how you want a team leader acting...

Panthers, Broncos, and Seahawks are my favorite teams and they're all rolling right now. Just wish Carolina could've started a little earlier in the season.

Anyone else see Cam's little temper tantrum yesterday? Not exactly how you want a team leader acting...

Temper tantrum ? I cant blame him on the kick. The player was trying to twist Cam's leg and take him out of the game. The Raiders player got an unnecessary roughness call on that play and even admitted after the game he was trying to take Cam out. The second play, where Cam inadvertently bumped the referee, came on yet another play later when the safety made a questionable late hit and Cam jumped up calling for a flag, unintentionally bumping the ref. On that play the ref admitted after the game that he misspoke and the penalty wasn't for the bump, it was for yelling at the ref. After Carson Palmer got injured in the first quarter, the Raiders were obviously trying to retaliate the rest of the game, trying to take Cam out and as I said admitted as such.

The kick play:

" Tommy Kelly: Raiders tried to 'take out' Cam Newton"

By Gregg Rosenthal

Around The League editor

Published: Dec. 23, 2012 at 08:31 p.m.

Updated: Dec. 23, 2012 at 10:00 p.m.

""Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton wasn't happy with the actions of Oakland Raiders defensive tackle Tommy Kelly during Sunday's game. Newton even appeared to kick Kelly off him at one point. Now we have a clearer picture of why Newton was so angry at multiple points, even though his Panthers won 17-6. "You take our guy out, we're going to go and try to take your guy out," Kelly said after the game, according to The Associated Press. "We're not out to hurt someone, but when that happens ..."

In one sense, Kelly was just being honest about wanting revenge for Carson Palmer's rib injury. It's not exactly a shock that this is a defensive player's view. Then again, well, Kelly can expect to hear from the NFL about these comments.""

http://www.nfl.com/n...-out-cam-newton

The bump play:

"Newton Leads Panthers over Raiders 17-6"

By STEVE REED (AP Sports Writer) | The Associated Press – 15 hours ago

"" Newton's frustration stemmed from a heated game featuring several shoving matches, plenty of verbal exchanges and six unnecessary roughness penalties - including one that sidelined Oakland quarterback Carson Palmer in the first quarter for the rest of the day. Newton's took exception to what he felt was a late hit by Raiders safety Mike Mitchell with Carolina up 14-6.

''During the heat of the moment I felt as if he finished the hit and I had already thrown the ball,'' Newton said. ''I felt like after he threw it he still finished and drove me into the ground. With the referee right there I questioned his decision not to throw the flag on him.''

Boger (the referee) said after the game he penalized Newton for ''disrespectfully addressing an official'' and that he ''misspoke'' when he announced that Newton was flagged for bumping an official. Boger said he didn't feel the bump was enough to warrant an ejection. ''It wasn't of a malicious nature,'' Boger said.""

http://sports.yahoo....31086--nfl.html

The biggest problem is that those big boys don't forget that kind of action. They will come at him with a little extra for awhile.

Cam didn't instigate it, he retaliated trying to protect himself. The Raiders were trying to take him out of the game.

The biggest problem is that those big boys don't forget that kind of action. They will come at him with a little extra for awhile.

Cam didn't instigate it, he retaliated trying to protect himself. The Raiders were trying to take him out of the game.

Cam is getting some bad media play this year (just like in 2010). He's not doing himself any favors on the field. That stuff about the Pro Bowl last season was not good, either. Not saying it's all his fault, by any means. I just want him to let his play on the field and his conduct off it to speak for him.

I'm an Auburn fan, a football fan, and an NFL fan, in that order. I watch NFL, but mostly just because I like football and like to watch former Auburn players do well. I'm happy the Falcons are doing well, but not ecstatic. And it won't kill me if they lose in the playoffs.

I'm an Auburn fan, a football fan, and an NFL fan, in that order. I watch NFL, but mostly just because I like football and like to watch former Auburn players do well. I'm happy the Falcons are doing well, but not ecstatic. And it won't kill me if they lose in the playoffs.

Well that made a lot of sense................. :dunno:

If you saw the entire game, you know that after the Panthers put the Oakland QB out, Cam had a bullseye on his back and Raiders did everything they could to try and take him out of the game. The refs called a few things but eventually the Raiders knew they would get tired of calling penalties on every play and just kept it up. The play that Cam reacted on was about the third or fourth time a tackler had driven him into the ground and then gave a little extra push afterward. The bumping the ref was an accident and the ref knew it...but the jerks calling the game were upset that Cam was not tossed and opined that Cam deserved a fine too.

Panthers OL needs to take better care of Cam however. He takes a lot of hits.

Well that made a lot of sense................. :dunno:

I'm not really a fan of any NFL team -- not like I am of Auburn. Just a whole different level of interest.

Archived