ESPN Power Rankings

jwmboom7

I know this is not important at all, but exciting and interesting nonetheless. They moved us up all the way to the #6 spot in the league. I can't remember the last time we were in the top half(maybe the 2008-2009 season). It is very encouraging to see that even the national media is starting to give us a little attention. I'm loving the direction of the program. War eagle!

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/72385/conference-power-rankings-sec-19

I am really liking what I am seeing from this team of late. And this is despite the temporary loss of two key pieces to the puzzle (Denson & Price). The fact is, looking at the month of January, we have four potential road wins if the guys play to their potential. We will also have two very tough tests at home but, being at home, they are potential wins as well in my very humble opinion. If we could manage to win four of these and exit the month at 5 & 2 with, hopefully, the return of Denson and Price for February, we might be able to establish a very strong foundation to build upon. I remain excited and optimistic. See you at the Arena!

WDE!

Calipari's "one and done" philosophy seems to have caught up with him this year. UK not what it's been in the past. So who will be the power team in the SEC this season though being a basketball power in the SEC is like being a football power in the Big East I guess.

And how many SEC teams make the NCAA?

Ole Miss looks strong too. That guard, Henderson I think, can really shoot the ball and they have some pretty big fellas down low.

Ole Miss looks strong too. That guard, Henderson I think, can really shoot the ball and they have some pretty big fellas down low.

I haven't had a chance to see them play, but I keep seeing them hang 90+ pts on teams. That is always dangerous.

I haven't had a chance to see them play, but I keep seeing them hang 90+ pts on teams. That is always dangerous.

I watched most of 1st half of OM/ Vandy last night and was impressed with the way they play. Aggressive on D and can shoot lights out. Apparently Vandy has been hot and cold recently but they looked good too. They have several shooters (always do) who could give someone fits if they get hot. They also backed into that 2-3 zone last night late in the 1st and Ole Miss really struggled with it for a while.

Archived