Alternative Helmets

around4ever

Get rid of the stripe, make the entire helmet the flat carbon blue color with the logo and add a orange visor.

yes. that'd be awesome. with blue pants.

And no visor.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I propose banning the next person that proposes alternate helmets/uniforms.

auburn4ever starting an orange facemask thread in 3....2....1....

auburn4ever starting an orange facemask thread in 3....2....1....

As long as it's true Auburn, burnt orange, I'm all in. If it's UT creamsicle orange, no thank you.

Someone earlier stated that our rivals hadn't had a uni change therefore we wouldn't likely change either.

1. When do we follow what they are doing? I guess we are trying to be like them? Please!

2. They did have a uni change, they went from white helments to crimson.

3. NO! NO! NO! To the orange facemasks. Blue helment w/ blue face mask and tiger pouncing through our logo.

4. Please NO! to the blue pants.

5. Leave the jersey alone!!!

I propose this. haw ;D

au_1946.jpg

IronMan faces TitanTiger's dirty rotten Coppers (James Cagne reference).

med_gallery_251_270_51040.jpeg

I don't understand why everyone gets so hung on the uniforms when numerous other things have changed (logos, wearing orange to the games, etc.). It's necessary to update logos to adapt to modern times but not the uniforms? That's want the students, players, and recruits want to see, some cool alternate uniforms once in a while. If we ran out of the tunnel in all blue is anyone going to stop being a fan?

I propose that we stop being like bammers treating our uniforms as sacred.

I propose that we stop having people calling "classic" and "tradition" the same thing as sacred and referring to those that feel that way as bammers.

Aside from minor tweaks, the Auburn uniform has remained essentially unchanged for 50 years. What we did in the leather helmet era is immaterial to me. This is how Auburn is known and I just have no desire to be trendy and gimmicky with them.

uat has used gimmick uniforms twice in the past 3 years.

And in my opinion, they looked hilarious/ridiculous. Teams without an identity can get away with experimenting more. Take it to an extreme, like Oregon, and it becomes your identity. They're like the Ziggy Stardust of college football. But now, everyone's starting to do it.

If we had an ugly uniform, it would be a different matter. But we don't. We look sharp now and will continue to look sharp (unless we make radical changes).

Aside from minor tweaks, the Auburn uniform has remained essentially unchanged for 50 years. What we did in the leather helmet era is immaterial to me. This is how Auburn is known and I just have no desire to be trendy and gimmicky with them.

I agree. I am old school, love our classic unis and would not want to have any other as our permanent uniform. Personally, the furthest I would ever consider going would be to have an alternate uni once every year or two, but keep it very tasteful.

And in my opinion, they looked hilarious/ridiculous. Teams without an identity can get away with experimenting more. Take it to an extreme, like Oregon, and it becomes your identity. They're like the Ziggy Stardust of college football. But now, everyone's starting to do it.

If we had an ugly uniform, it would be a different matter. But we don't. We look sharp now and will continue to look sharp (unless we make radical changes).

Totally agree. I actually like some of the Oregon jerseys, but it's just not Auburn. We have one of the most iconic, classy and best looking uniform in sports. Especially are road whites. We have got to do something about that tramp stamp though. Only thing I would like to see is an orange jersey and I think there are 17 of us in that category lol.

Totally agree. I actually like some of the Oregon jerseys, but it's just not Auburn. We have one of the most iconic, classy and best looking uniform in sports. Especially are road whites. We have got to do something about that tramp stamp though. Only thing I would like to see is an orange jersey and I think there are 17 of us in that category lol.

Yes, the tramp stamp has got to go.

Yes, the tramp stamp has got to go.

Agreed!

Orange jerseys (and orange gear for that matter) = :puke:/> :puke:/> :puke:/>

(Posted from "Clemson country")

+1

what about doing like they do in soccer with the goalie's uniform versus the rest of the team? keep the uniform the same (traditional), but let the captain on each side of the ball wear one that is more "modern". if one is found that everyone loves, then discuss making the change across the board. :dunno:/>

Im not sure about this, but I believe all uniforms have to match. Otherwise you would have teams with green uniforms on defense and orange on offense, or the line having uniforms made to blend. Quarterbacks not the color of the field would be at a disadvantage, i suspect it'd turn into a big mess rather quickly... People already complain about boise* and their blue field...

*not a state.

They can wear tutu's and propellar hats If thats what motivates them to compete

All joking aside... I'd love to see Auburn have an alternate uniform. Georgia wore 1 ugly pro combat uni and a black jersey like 3 times in the last 5 or 6 years and the world didn't come to an end in the state of Georgia.

Alternate uni's are fun. Lets do it. Who cares what anyone else thinks

All joking aside... I'd love to see Auburn have an alternate uniform. Georgia wore 1 ugly pro combat uni and a black jersey like 3 times in the last 5 or 6 years and the world didn't come to an end in the state of Georgia.

+1

But absolutely nothing like that Maryland slop!

But absolutely nothing like that Maryland slop!

If we went to Maryland stakes then whoever asked for the uniforms to be made needs to be let go. Those are just ugly.

Archived