Alternative Helmets

around4ever

With orange. They had on that combo in against Georgia in either 77, 78 or 79. I think the game ended in a tie. But anyway, They came out to warm up in the blue jerseys. When they came out for the game, they were wearing the orange jerseys. It was a good look

I wasn't at that game but my parents were. My father was really pissed-off about it.

Like father, like son I suppose.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tend to lean more toward keeping it what we've got - if it ain't broke don't fix it. That said, I'm sure if we do it right it'll look nice and I'll hop on board. Just don't let UA go Maryland on us.

With orange. They had on that combo in against Georgia in either 77, 78 or 79. I think the game ended in a tie. But anyway, They came out to warm up in the blue jerseys. When they came out for the game, they were wearing the orange jerseys. It was a good look

I wasn't at that game but my parents were. My father was really pissed-off about it.

Like father, like son I suppose.

I was there and I have to admit it was quite awsome when AU warmed up in blue and then ran in out in orange. In fact it was somewhate confusing. We thought UGA was running out from our locker room. At least that's what this guy named Jack Daniels thought. 1978, I think. Joe Cribbs and William Andrews. Andrews made a long run at the end of the first half as time expired. We thought he had scored, but refs ruled him down at one inch line. Cost us the win. I believe the Birmingham News sports headlines read AU Wins 22-22.

don't we have enough to worry about without messing with the unis?

i doubt that a uni by itself ever won a single game. (except maybe for those tear-away jerseys gtech used to wear)

ask gusty yearout in the ad at the top of the site. he was an excellent player back in the mid-60s, and an intelligent person (he was in a class i taught).

wde!!!

I think they should come out for the first game with a 1" x 1" piece of orange tape strategically placed on each uniform just to see how many people will complain about it on the Internet.

I think they should come out for the first game with a 1" x 1" piece of orange tape strategically placed on each uniform just to see how many people will complain about it on the Internet.

Easy there, we don't want heads to explode.

i doubt that a uni by itself ever won a single game. (except maybe for those tear-away jerseys gtech used to wear)

ask gusty yearout in the ad at the top of the site. he was an excellent player back in the mid-60s, and an intelligent person (he was in a class i taught).

wde!!!

I don't understand all this messing with our unis. I read that we were voted best looking unis in college football. Its been a few years ago but I do remember reading about it.

As far as the tear away jerseys go bama was into them big time. Johnny Musso would have never gotten the yards he did without them. He was still a great player though and a nice person. His older sister and I started Auburn at the same time and used to ride home together to Bham with some other friends on the weekends.

wde!!!

I don't understand all this messing with our unis. I read that we were voted best looking unis in college football. Its been a few years ago but I do remember reading about it.

As far as the tear away jerseys go bama was into them big time. Johnny Musso would have never gotten the yards he did without them. He was still a great player though and a nice person. His older sister and I started Auburn at the same time and used to ride home together to Bham with some other friends on the weekends.

oh the great tear away jersey's all running backs love them

If you could rate being a traditionalist on a scale of 1-10, 10 being totally traditionalist, I'd be on the high side of 9. However, I'd go absolutely nuts if Auburn showed up in this for one game.

6805441197_394c0e1952_o.jpg

If you could rate being a traditionalist on a scale of 1-10, 10 being totally traditionalist, I'd be on the high side of 9. However, I'd go absolutely nuts if Auburn showed up in this for one game.

I could handle that. For ONE game.

Thank goodness you dont get to make that call.

Thank goodness you dont get to make that call.

There are much, much better reasons for you to be glad about that. :)

If I remember corrcely, James Brooks had good runs too. I lived in Anniston back then that was the headline in our Sunday paper.

• 4 months later...

The interlocking AU has become an iconic symbol for Auburn with the national media. Dont believe I would mess with it.

I can remember when we didnt have it -- just numbers on the helmet. We have branded ourselves with it, so I say stick with it. Although I have had shirts & caps (when I was a wee lad) with that tiger on it

The interlocking AU has become an iconic symbol for Auburn with the national media. Dont believe I would mess with it.

I can remember when we didnt have it -- just numbers on the helmet. We have branded ourselves with it, so I say stick with it. Although I have had shirts & caps (when I was a wee lad) with that tiger on it

I agree on the interlocking AU and most of us think our uniforms very unique. I don't mind if we wear an orange jersey or blue pants for one game if it pumps up our kids, but we sure better win if we do. I like our brand identity and don't want to lose it with any adjustments which limits what we can do in my opinion.

War Eagle !

I do wish we had Alternative Helmets that we would wear 1 or 2 times during the year. And yes, I still the orange facemask.

Looking over the helmets, I like the blue helmet but put some orange with stripes on top and add the orange facemask instead of the blue.

Archived