Alternative Helmets

around4ever

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like the same helmet navy used in their bowl game. Only with our colors and logo. Not a big fan

And I liked those NAVY helmets,but this one just seems like a direct knock off. Not saying I hate it, but it'd come off as just a generic copy, that any team could use.

Meh.

I too liked the Navy helmets and I like the AU version also.

Has anyone asked Malzahn if he intended to change the uniforms? Not certain if he'd have to get permission from JJ. Im an old fart old school but a progressive one.Im ready now for a little change.

I love these helmets. Too many people are so quick to say they hate new things. These have a nice modern look, and I actually think they look better than Navy's.

I say let the players pick the uniforms, they're the ones wearing them. We will still cheer for them no matter what anyways.

I'd love to see some variety with alternate uni, but i'm afraid the old guys sitting behind the tinted glass on the suite level just won't allow it to happen. Can you imagine how hard the Under Armour folks have tried to get Auburn to wear something different?

I'd love to see some variety with alternate uni, but i'm afraid the old guys sitting behind the tinted glass on the suite level just won't allow it to happen. Can you imagine how hard the Under Armour folks have tried to get Auburn to wear something different?

The suite holders are not as old as you'd expect.I would guess its more of an institutional decision. I also believe our reluctance to change my have to do with what our in state rival hasn't changed anything either.

The suite holders are not as old as you'd expect.I would guess its more of an institutional decision. I also believe our reluctance to change my have to do with what our in state rival hasn't changed anything either.

Even more reason to do so.

what about doing like they do in soccer with the goalie's uniform versus the rest of the team? keep the uniform the same (traditional), but let the captain on each side of the ball wear one that is more "modern". if one is found that everyone loves, then discuss making the change across the board. :dunno:

Only change I would like to see is to move the blue stripes right up against the orange on the helmet for the home uni.

For the away uni, move the pants stripes so that there's a little white between the orange and blue (and keep the current helmet). Then all our stripes would match.

This helmet is like nothing I have ever seen on any other college team. There wouldn't even be a need to change the uni's as the helmet still flows right with the striping on the jerseys and pants. We wouldn't even be changing the logo on the helmet either.

This helmet is like nothing I have ever seen on any other college team. There wouldn't even be a need to change the uni's as the helmet still flows right with the striping on the jerseys and pants. We wouldn't even be changing the logo on the helmet either.

It is a direct copy of the Navy helmet.

I have always been one of the first to step up and say our uniforms are great, no changes needed. But, you know, now I wouldn't be opposed to seeing something different for one or two games per season. No orange jerseys, orange facemasks or orange shoestrings though. It seems that today's players are not so much about tradition as they are something bad a** different.

I have always been one of the first to step up and say our uniforms are great, no changes needed. But, you know, now I wouldn't be opposed to seeing something different for one or two games per season. No orange jerseys, orange facemasks or orange shoestrings though. It seems that today's players are not so much about tradition as they are something bad a** different.

+1

It is obvious, this was a response to Navy's helmet in the Army-Navy game this year. Not that I would vote to change our present helmets, but I kind of think it is cool myself.

If it's not broken...........

My exact thoughts whenever uniform/helmet changes are brought up. Might be a little conservative of me, but I like what we have just fine!

Looks good, just wouldn't want us to use it if that makes sense. But I do think we are using a matte finish on next years helmets. Also I wonder if the orange facemask comments are serious or are just a running joke at auburn4ever.

Really? Now that would be pretty sweet

I love these helmets. Too many people are so quick to say they hate new things. These have a nice modern look, and I actually think they look better than Navy's.

I say let the players pick the uniforms, they're the ones wearing them. We will still cheer for them no matter what anyways.

Kris Frost and a few others liked the "navy" knock off helmets when i posted on facebook

If it's not broken...........

Change is great in small doses

My exact thoughts whenever uniform/helmet changes are brought up. Might be a little conservative of me, but I like what we have just fine!

Everybody is doing it and it's a good recruiting tool for OV's during the season.. Also with Chicago Bears style pants same jerseys and the OP helmet.. Nice

... I like em; were about tradition at Au; but what's wrong with a uniform change? New team, new vision, why not new unis?

100.gifOnce you make a change like most of the suggestions I've seen so far.......you can never go back, only change even more....a tweak here or there is ok, and indeed Bo Jackson wore an orange facemask like his teamates till 85, but lets get real...Auburn has the best overall home jerseys on the planet and doesn't need any major change....

eagle.gif

Which raises a question that I have been asked before... Which species of tiger would Auburn represent if we had to choose?

Liger.jpg

It's pretty much my favorite animal, bred for it's skills in magic.

;D

Archived