Alternative Helmets

around4ever

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally think that Tiger face logo is really cool, does anybody know if they sell hats with that on it?

I also think LSU's midfield logo of the tiger eye is pretty sleek, if Auburn had come up with it first I definitely wouldn't have minded that as some sort of alternative logo or something

The AU "interlock" logo is classic and has proven timeless since its invention in the mid 1960s. Everyone knows it means Auburn University.

While it was inspired conceptually from Indiana University's logo, it remains original.

The same cannot be said for many universities. UGA's "G" was borrowed from the Green Bay Packers (with permission).

Bama's "A" is often confused with the Atlanta Braves A, especially to old timers who remember the old block A with the elephant

I just don't want to see any messing with our uniforms, even for a one-time game.

I remain open to a blue pant option for the road, and maybe a blue helmet option to go with them. But keep the patterns the same.

Blue pants like Chicago Bears wear and grey face mask with just the stripes AU interlocking emblem on the pants. WarMatteFinishHelmetsEagle!!! ;)/>

I say we get a helmet, in front profile, divided into three equal sections colored: Blue, White, Orange. It will be called The Auburnpolitan.

I say we get a helmet, in front profile, divided into three equal sections colored: Blue, White, Orange. It will be called The Auburnpolitan.

:laugh:

Not just no, but hell no to the helmet in the op.

I am all for doing something different for one game each season - uniform/helmet.

This has already probably been said but, I don't care what they wear as long as they WIN! If It's "A New Day" then what's wrong with going with something new?

Blogle said he would like to see a tribute to the 1913 team. I was thinking maybe a uniform. Either the brownish looking pants with the modern day stripes. Solid navy jerseys with solid orange numbers and the three solid orange stripes (like the 1913 version.) for helmets a brownish copper-ish looking helmet to represent the old leather look wih the modern helmet interlocking AU with the modern (or just a thick navy stripe.) wih navy facemask<------- awesome uniforms with meaning.

One game people that's all we are asking.

It seems like our helmets are a lot whiter than they used to be. Ours have always seemed to have a bit of an off white tinge to them..now they seem pure white. Has anyone else noticed this? Is this a minor change I have missed somewhere or do they simply look this way prior to being pained for games? Or am I just crazy... :ucrazy:

It seems like our helmets are a lot whiter than they used to be. Ours have always seemed to have a bit of an off white tinge to them..now they seem pure white. Has anyone else noticed this? Is this a minor change I have missed somewhere or do they simply look this way prior to being pained for games? Or am I just crazy... :ucrazy:

I think you probably just upgraded your tv

I like our old uniforms, and enjoy the fact that my kids see the same Auburn I saw as a kid and beyond. However, I like the second pic better than the #1 and #3 most on here seem to like... Still rather not fix what's not broken though. We need to fix our football record, not our uniforms.

PS I also really like the Bowden-era (I believe?) tiger eyes logo, and the tiger jumping through the A brings back great memories, but looks dated....

It seems like our helmets are a lot whiter than they used to be. Ours have always seemed to have a bit of an off white tinge to them..now they seem pure white. Has anyone else noticed this? Is this a minor change I have missed somewhere or do they simply look this way prior to being pained for games? Or am I just crazy... :ucrazy:/>

I think you probably just upgraded your tv

"To be well adjusted to an insane society is the very definition of insanity." - Terence McKenna

I say let's wear it for the UT game in that they have dissed us by having us as their homecoming game. This would show who really is the "big orange". You have to admit it is a bit too much to wear more than once in every 3 or so seasons.

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking maybe for one home game and one away game, to mix it up. I believe you can do a lot with the white away uniforms. Don't get me wrong, our uniforms rock. But, it would be cool to break the mold sometimes. It is a new day!

I think the eagle should be facing the other way. Looks like its flying away. Also it reads E W instead oh W E. the left to right comprehension over shadows the little size difference between them. Good start to a cool alternative.

Vegas - I love the helmet design! But I too would prefer that the helmet would be blue with an orange eagle. Black just isn't working for me. But I do think the eagle should be used in more clothing and apparel that markets the Auburn brand. And I think you have a really great design there!

Archived