Alternative Helmets

around4ever

Did someone say MORE CONCEPT HELMETS??? Now with more sourcing from Reddit!! (All credit goes to /u/stimulation).

"Old Logo = Best Logo"

(I actually really like this one and kinda want us to use it)

moqrZEx.png

"Embrace the War Eagle"

3RhFMiB.png

It's everything A4E wants and more. I like them.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did someone say MORE CONCEPT HELMETS??? Now with more sourcing from Reddit!! (All credit goes to /u/stimulation).

"Old Logo = Best Logo"

moqrZEx.png

"Embrace the War Eagle"

3RhFMiB.png

I like the designs...but not for Auburn. AU is the Tigers, War Eagle is the war cry. It's already hard enough for everyone from sportscasters to opposing fans to keep straight. (Ever heard "And here comes the War Eagles!"? I have and it drives me nuts.)

Anyway, nice looking designs, just not for AU.

That would be the point of the alternate jersey. To embrace the non-standard narrative of the school. I wouldn't mind a tiger-heavy kit, but I also think a War Eagle infused kit is cool too because people nationally equate War Eagle to Auburn and it deviates from Tigers which makes it unique IMO

"Old Logo = Best Logo"

moqrZEx.png

"Embrace the War Eagle"

3RhFMiB.png

These are two of the better alternative designs I've seen. If the bottom helmet had the AU logo we have currently, that's actually the helmet I wish we'd wear with our home jerseys -- except reversing the orange and blue, with a wide orange stripe and two thinner blue stripes right up next to it, like our pants stripe. Then all our stripes would match.

ETA -- keep the orange facemask, too.

Never could get terribly excited about 80's logo with the Eagle spreading wings through the block-formed 'A'. The concept too closely resembled bammie's during that era.

a4e is going to pass out looking at all those orange facemasks

Not just a4e Golf. Our uniforms have been voted one of the best looking in all of college football and acutally won one year and I don't think it was the year(s) of the orange facemask. Why do people keep wanting to tinker with them? You sure can tell people are bored if this is all they can find to talk about. BTW That is an a4e aircraft in my avi. They were a mainstay in the Marine Corps and Navy for decades, even the Blue Angles flew them for 12 years. Is it a coincidence on a4e's part or does he have any knowledge of aviation? His screen name just caught my eye and I wondered . WDE!!!

"Old Logo = Best Logo"

moqrZEx.png

"Embrace the War Eagle"

3RhFMiB.png

These are two of the better alternative designs I've seen. If the bottom helmet had the AU logo we have currently, that's actually the helmet I wish we'd wear with our home jerseys -- except reversing the orange and blue, with a wide orange stripe and two thinner blue stripes right up next to it, like our pants stripe. Then all our stripes would match.

ETA -- keep the orange facemask, too.

Top one is cool. Bottom one is like a cheap version of oregon's.

The (vintage) Eagle in the A is really cool but the bottom version is 80's Philly knockoff.

I like the orange and blue strips going across the helmet. Place the AU logo on each side and it'd be awesome.

Archived