Alternative Helmets

around4ever

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's not broken...........

Really? I think our helmets look like something out of the eighties. I personally would like to see a simplified, retro, look to our color scheme. Go back to solid blue jerseys with no shoulder numbers and classic numbering/lettering font. I think the helmets should keep their same look but do away with the white strip seperating the orange and blue across the top of the helmet and put numbers where the logo is now. I know some people may think this is heresy but I don't like logos on anything except fan wear. An Auburn uniform should be iconic enought to be recognized without the logo on the helmet. Something that looks like our 1913 Jersey but with numbers.

Really? I think our helmets look like something out of the eighties. I personally would like to see a simplified, retro, look to our color scheme. Go back to solid blue jerseys with no shoulder numbers and classic numbering/lettering font. I think the helmets should keep their same look but do away with the white strip seperating the orange and blue across the top of the helmet and put numbers where the logo is now. I know some people may think this is heresy but I don't like logos on anything except fan wear. An Auburn uniform should be iconic enought to be recognized without the logo on the helmet. Something that looks like our 1913 Jersey but with numbers.

Kind of what bama has?

Stupidity reigns supreme!

Haha some of you guys really need to calm down with the "dont change as thing" "keep the tradition"stuff. Theres a reason went oregon gets alot of talk about their uniforms and not us. I'm not saying we should go anywhere near that extreme but an all blue or maybe an all orange would be a cool change of pace to do once a year or so

Haha some of you guys really need to calm down with the "dont change as thing" "keep the tradition"stuff. Theres a reason went oregon gets alot of talk about their uniforms and not us. I'm not saying we should go anywhere near that extreme but an all blue or maybe an all orange would be a cool change of pace to do once a year or so

Agreed. I'd go as far to say that Oregon's uniforms have as much to do with them attracting recruits as their style of play does. There's a reason that kids from Texas, Georgia, and Florida go to a school in the Pacific Northwest and it ain't for the seafood. Changing it up on occasion like UGA has done (minus the power ranger uniforms) would be a good thing in my mind.

Agreed. I'd go as far to say that Oregon's uniforms have as much to do with them attracting recruits as their style of play does. There's a reason that kids from Texas, Georgia, and Florida go to a school in the Pacific Northwest and it ain't for the seafood. Changing it up on occasion like UGA has done (minus the power ranger uniforms) would be a good thing in my mind.

I agree with this. It generates a little bit of excitement.

Changing the uniforms or helmuts for any reason would be an awful mistake IMO and I hope it never happens. I have no desire to be Oregon lite or like any other team. Im fine with Auburn being Auburn and frankly, I prefer that!

Changing the uniforms or helmuts for any reason would be an awful mistake IMO and I hope it never happens. I have no desire to be Oregon lite or like any other team. Im fine with Auburn being Auburn and frankly, I prefer that!

If they do change uniforms, it wouldnt be the first time. So....your "Auburn being Auburn" hard-on is contradictory. And despite your narrow minded views of this , Oregon wasn't the first team in history to change their uniforms either. Sometimes change is good, even if we have great uniforms already. Sometimes its not. I'm good with it either way. Besides, our opinion won't mean diddly if they do anyways.

If they do change uniforms, it wouldnt be the first time. So....your "Auburn being Auburn" hard-on is contradictory. And despite your narrow minded views of this , Oregon wasn't the first team in history to change their uniforms either. Sometimes change is good, even if we have great uniforms already. Sometimes its not. I'm good with it either way. Besides, our opinion won't mean diddly if they do anyways.

My post was directed at the poster basing an argument to change the uniforms on Oregon's. Auburn's uniforms have been nuanced but not dramatically changed. Oregon and Georgia drastically changed their uniforms.....I am against that. .

My post was directed at the poster basing an argument to change the uniforms on Oregon's. Auburn's uniforms have been nuanced but not dramatically changed. Oregon and Georgia drastically changed their uniforms.....I am against that. .

While I wouldnt oppose some change and variance, I wouldnt want it as extreme as Oregons. I agree with you on that.

and why would it be a mistake? As I said I wouldn't prefer to go as crazy as oregon with them, but just something different every now and then besides the same old thing we wear at every game.

I'm only 20 so I'm sure i have a different idea on this than some of you guys on here but I am the same age as some of the guys actually wearing these uniforms, and I believe a different look could add a little excitement or spark. I actually don't think I would change anything with the regular uniforms that we would wear a majority of the time, just that one game or so a year where an all blue would pop out. There is a reason why people are laughing at penn state's "classic" uniforms and waiting to see what oregon comes out wearing.

and why would it be a mistake? As I said I wouldn't prefer to go as crazy as oregon with them, but just something different every now and then besides the same old thing we wear at every game.

I'm only 20 so I'm sure i have a different idea on this than some of you guys on here but I am the same age as some of the guys actually wearing these uniforms, and I believe a different look could add a little excitement or spark. I actually don't think I would change anything with the regular uniforms that we would wear a majority of the time, just that one game or so a year where an all blue would pop out. There is a reason why people are laughing at penn state's "classic" uniforms and waiting to see what oregon comes out wearing.

I guess somebody cares what Oregon is going to wear but im not one of them. Personally, I dont like any of their uniforms. I also dont see the point of comparing Auburn's uniforms to Penn State's. Auburn has arguably the best looking in college football and Penn State has arguably the worst. There is no comparison to be made there.

I guess somebody cares what Oregon is going to wear but im not one of them. Personally, I dont like any of their uniforms. I also dont see the point of comparing Auburn's uniforms to Penn State's. Auburn has arguably the best looking in college football and Penn State has arguably the worst. There is no comparison to be made there.

Who besides auburn fans think we have the best looking uniforms in the country? I think our uniforms look great, but are they much different than the uniforms of many teams across the country? not really.

Who besides auburn fans think we have the best looking uniforms in the country? I think our uniforms look great, but are they much different than the uniforms of many teams across the country? not really.

Quite a few sources have ranked Auburn's uniforms among the best looking for years. A better question would be.....is it more important for other people to like Auburn's uniforms than it is for Auburn fans? I dont really give a damn what other people think of Auburn's uniforms. I dont know of any team that has a uniform that looks like Auburn.

ok for some reason it won't post the pictures, but look at wisconson and florida compared to ours.

Since nobody likes to see oregon, lets use florida for example. Similar style and colors, but they also use all blue or orange pants. Just a little something different.

ok for some reason it won't post the pictures, but look at wisconson and florida compared to ours.

Since nobody likes to see oregon, lets use florida for example. Similar style and colors, but they also use all blue or orange pants. Just a little something different.

I hate Floridas blue pants...they suck and I could not possibly care less what Wisconsin does. Also, I dont what you're looking at but Florida does not have similar colors or style of uniforms to Auburns

You said you didn't know anybody else that had uniforms that look like ours... there you go

I guess its in the eye of the beholder...they look NOTHING like Auburn's to me......the colors are different the stripes are totally different.

You said you didn't know anybody else that had uniforms that look like ours... there you go

I guess its in the eye of the beholder...they look NOTHING like Auburn's to me......the colors are different the stripes are totally different.

well obviously the colors are going to be different.

If all it takes is a different stripe to make our uniforms better than everybody elses then allllllrighty then.

If all it takes is a different stripe to make our uniforms better than everybody elses then allllllrighty then.

They are football uniforms bud and the colors are really the defining difference ...they're NOT costumes as it appears you'd like them to be

They are football uniforms bud and the colors really the defining difference ...they're NOT costumes as it appears you'd like them to be

Well colors are one thing. I believe this thread is about uniforms if Im not mistaken. That does not mean changing the team colors... Didn't know putting navy pants with the shirt made it a costume

Archived