Alternative Helmets

around4ever

They can wear tutu's and propellar hats If thats what motivates them to compete

All joking aside... I'd love to see Auburn have an alternate uniform. Georgia wore 1 ugly pro combat uni and a black jersey like 3 times in the last 5 or 6 years and the world didn't come to an end in the state of Georgia.

Alternate uni's are fun. Lets do it. Who cares what anyone else thinks

But absolutely nothing like that Maryland slop!

If we went to Maryland stakes then whoever asked for the uniforms to be made needs to be let go. Those are just ugly.

Let go, my left foot! They should be burned at the stake!

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They can wear tutu's and propellar hats If thats what motivates them to compete

All joking aside... I'd love to see Auburn have an alternate uniform. Georgia wore 1 ugly pro combat uni and a black jersey like 3 times in the last 5 or 6 years and the world didn't come to an end in the state of Georgia.

Alternate uni's are fun. Lets do it. Who cares what anyone else thinks

But absolutely nothing like that Maryland slop!

If we went to Maryland stakes then whoever asked for the uniforms to be made needs to be let go. Those are just ugly.

Let go, my left foot! They should be burned at the stake!

Oregon and Maryland with all their weird uniforms have something else in common. Alumni that own major sporting goods companies. They basically are models for Nike and UA product lines and they mixed it up often, Other schools may have weird uniforms, but they can't afford to change them that often. There are some schools that could afford to wear lot of different uniforms, but tradition and common sense controls it.

For those who would like to see blue helmets:

First, I also think they look pretty sharp, but aside from tradition, they do have a disadvantage. They are not as visible. White helmets make it easier for the quarterback to pick up receivers.

In fact, I remember Bear Bryant had his receivers wear white helmets back in the 60's or 70's for that reason. Everyone else wore the crimson helmets.

I suppose this might be a disadvantage for our running backs, but IMO the advantage for the receivers would outweigh that.

I love our unis,there is a reason they havent changed in 50 years.Im also not one to want a change in the unis just for change sake.Im also not against the idea of changing the unis once a season or so.It just all depends on how the new designed uni looks.If they can come up with something that pays homage to our current unis,with a little spin on it,I think it would be cool.But,nothing like the Ducks or the Terps have done.

4993122322_1f09085055.jpg

I kinda like this look. Whenever i watch the Chicago Bears play i see their navy pants with the same style stripe as ours. In this pic the stripe matches the helmet and jersey!! lol

NCAAFB12%20NG%20SCRN%20Alabama2_656x369.jpg?cb=1303229446

Remember this^^ from EA though they was ok. Even with the tramp stamp. It kinda makes you wonder if Chizz was gonna do this and never pulled it out. (Or they didnt have a pair big enough for the fat kid on the team and didnt want to hurt his feelings. lol

Also someone on the first page mentioned the team possibly using a matte finnish on the helmets. That's the flat white, rubbery look right? Flat white helmets would be sweet period but with the blue pants maybe black (special edition) underarmour cleats and socks white-black-orange... And orange facemask....:)

Please no changes...I'm old school. I did love the fishnet jersey's from the 70's.

Some of you guys be trippin'

I kinda like this look. Whenever i watch the Chicago Bears play i see their navy pants with the same style stripe as ours. In this pic the stripe matches the helmet and jersey!! lol

Also someone on the first page mentioned the team possibly using a matte finnish on the helmets. That's the flat white, rubbery look right? Flat white helmets would be sweet period but with the blue pants maybe black (special edition) underarmour cleats and socks white-black-orange... And orange facemask....:)/>

I like the Bears-esque look as well. And definitely would love the matte look to the helmets.

Also someone on the first page mentioned the team possibly using a matte finnish on the helmets. That's the flat white, rubbery look right? Flat white helmets would be sweet period but with the blue pants maybe black (special edition) underarmour cleats and socks white-black-orange... And orange facemask....:)/>

I like the Bears-esque look as well. And definitely would love the matte look to the helmets.

As long as it was matte blue. :)

And just to be clear, matte it the "unshiny" look. Like a brick wall vs a brick wall with a clear shiny coating. :)

Personally i like the matte look, plus (though small) it seems like it would add a slight edge to the defense, as it provides more friction than smooth helmets...

• 2 weeks later...

what about doing like they do in soccer with the goalie's uniform versus the rest of the team? keep the uniform the same (traditional), but let the captain on each side of the ball wear one that is more "modern". if one is found that everyone loves, then discuss making the change across the board. :dunno:/>

Im not sure about this, but I believe all uniforms have to match. Otherwise you would have teams with green uniforms on defense and orange on offense, or the line having uniforms made to blend. Quarterbacks not the color of the field would be at a disadvantage, i suspect it'd turn into a big mess rather quickly... People already complain about boise* and their blue field...

*not a state.

Seems like they really might be concerned about this..

http://www.bleacherreport.com/articles/1528183-proposed-ncaa-rule-would-ban-boise-states-all-blue-uniforms-in-home-games

(Sorry pplz, i know its nothing to do with alt helmets but i recalled bringing this up in a recent conversation..)

what about doing like they do in soccer with the goalie's uniform versus the rest of the team? keep the uniform the same (traditional), but let the captain on each side of the ball wear one that is more "modern". if one is found that everyone loves, then discuss making the change across the board. :dunno:/>

Im not sure about this, but I believe all uniforms have to match. Otherwise you would have teams with green uniforms on defense and orange on offense, or the line having uniforms made to blend. Quarterbacks not the color of the field would be at a disadvantage, i suspect it'd turn into a big mess rather quickly... People already complain about boise* and their blue field...

*not a state.

Seems like they really might be concerned about this..

http://www.bleacherr...s-in-home-games

(Sorry pplz, i know its nothing to do with alt helmets but i recalled bringing this up in a recent conversation..)

I know that was a caveat to them joining up with the Big East. If I'm not mistaken there was a provision that made it illegal for them to wear blue at home when playing a BE Conference game. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't think anybody outside of Auburn fans consider the jerseys to be "the best in all of sports" as some are alluding to. That's just blatant homerism -- which is fine if you, at least, don't pass it off as fact. Auburn's jerseys are good. Great color scheme, nice and simple nothing too flashy or crazy. They are just fine the way they are, but giving some alternate/variation of them (like blue pants, etc) I don't think would be a bad idea. Gives the fans and players a little something extra to get excited about. I wouldn't oppose good looking orange jersey's too (just as long as they don't look like Tennessee's vomit orange).

If we used an alternate logo though for an alternate helmet I am 100% in favor of the tiger eyes logo Auburn has, its sick!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Auburn has a top notch Industrial Design program and a top notch Textiles Engineering program... I think we should forget about what the uniform has printed on it and come up with an all new, better uniform... something more like military body armor... light, flexible, and far more protective than what they have now. Then we can make it look AUsome.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Auburn has a top notch Industrial Design program and a top notch Textiles Engineering program... I think we should forget about what the uniform has printed on it and come up with an all new, better uniform... something more like military body armor... light, flexible, and far more protective than what they have now. Then we can make it look AUsome.

That would also give auburn an advantage which would be illegal lol

I don't think anybody outside of Auburn fans consider the jerseys to be "the best in all of sports" as some are alluding to. That's just blatant homerism -- which is fine if you, at least, don't pass it off as fact. Auburn's jerseys are good. Great color scheme, nice and simple nothing too flashy or crazy. They are just fine the way they are, but giving some alternate/variation of them (like blue pants, etc) I don't think would be a bad idea. Gives the fans and players a little something extra to get excited about. I wouldn't oppose good looking orange jersey's too (just as long as they don't look like Tennessee's vomit orange).

If we used an alternate logo though for an alternate helmet I am 100% in favor of the tiger eyes logo Auburn has, its sick!

Actually our uniforms constantly make list in the best uniforms in college football.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/gallery/Best-College-Football-Uniform#tab=photo-title=Auburn&photo=31274938

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0706/campus.bestuniforms/content.8.html

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/666319-college-football-the-top-25-uniforms-in-the-bcs-conferences/page/18

http://www.diehardsport.com/2012/07/30/top-25-college-football-uniforms-2012/#4

And I think you and I are the only people not opposed to an orange jersey, lol. Now as far as the tiger eyes are concerned Auburn started phasing them out around 6 years ago.

That would also give auburn an advantage which would be illegal lol

Not if we shared :) Also, I don't think better protection would be considered an illegal advantage, more something that would be encouraged for adoption by all schools.

Now, if we brought in the MEs and EEs and added augmentation, that would be cheating.

I also have said it before, but considering how many astronauts, nasa employees, military contracts, cia, (nsa,etc?) and 4 star generals we have, AU must be good at more than just those two. WDE! :)

Actually our uniforms constantly make list in the best uniforms in college football.

http://msn.foxsports...&photo=31274938

http://sportsillustr.../content.8.html

http://bleacherrepor...erences/page/18

http://www.diehardsp...niforms-2012/#4

And I think you and I are the only people not opposed to an orange jersey, lol. Now as far as the tiger eyes are concerned Auburn started phasing them out around 6 years ago.

Yea, I've seen each of those links actually, and they definitely go against my argument haha.

I'm upset that they are phasing out the tiger eyes though, I think it is a very cool/modern looking design...and it gives a nice intimidating vibe to it. Well, as intimidating as a logo can be LOL

But, when they end up legalizing it, is Aubie going to end up looking like this???:

: Auburn-Logo-Ooold-School-660x776.png

Archived