Alternative Helmets

around4ever

You said you didn't know anybody else that had uniforms that look like ours... there you go

I guess its in the eye of the beholder...they look NOTHING like Auburn's to me......the colors are different the stripes are totally different.

well obviously the colors are going to be different.

If all it takes is a different stripe to make our uniforms better than everybody elses then allllllrighty then.

is time.

They are football uniforms bud and the colors really the defining difference ...they're NOT costumes as it appears you'd like them to be

Well colors are one thing. I believe this thread is about uniforms if Im not mistaken. That does not mean changing the team colors... Didn't know putting navy pants with the shirt made it a costume

Tradition is a big part of college football especially at Auburn. There is a reason Auburn has never donned blue pants OR changed their uniforms. Maybe one day you'll get that. obviously you do not at this time. Have a good evening...

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey man I'm all for tradition, if you've read what I said, I wouldn't change a thing to the regular uniforms, as I do prefer the traditional look. But I won't sit here and honestly say we have the best in college football, not when a simple stripe change would make floridas along with a few others nearly identical. (besides color of course)

But for uniforms that never change the tramp stamp seems a bit odd...

You have a nice night as well. :wareagle:

Alternate uniform's are fun. I love our uni's, but we are in the age of mass exposure, and having something cool like a BA new uniform is something that can really get recruits talking about Auburn, energize the student body (as well of most of the fans under 35), and give the players a little extra swagger in their step. I think that this is especially true at a school like Auburn that isn't constantly pulling PR moves like this. It's ok guys...they will put the other uni's back on the next week. Chill TFO!

The tram stamp was awful and I seriously doubt it'll survive the 3 - 9. Auburn's uniforms have experienced quite a few nuanced modifications but they have never changed fundamentally and I hope that remains a constant

You said you didn't know anybody else that had uniforms that look like ours... there you go

I guess its in the eye of the beholder...they look NOTHING like Auburn's to me......the colors are different the stripes are totally different.

If all it takes is a different stripe to make our uniforms better than everybody elses then allllllrighty then.

is time.

They are football uniforms bud and the colors really the defining difference ...they're NOT costumes as it appears you'd like them to be

Well colors are one thing. I believe this thread is about uniforms if Im not mistaken. That does not mean changing the team colors... Didn't know putting navy pants with the shirt made it a costume

Tradition is a big part of college football especially at Auburn. There is a reason Auburn has never donned blue pants OR changed their uniforms. Maybe one day you'll get that. obviously you do not at this time. Have a good evening...

Auburn has never donned blue pants you say ? Here is the AU uniform in 1946.

au_1946.jpg

OR changed their uniforms you say ? Here are all the Auburn uniform changes over the years.

Auburn.jpg

Since '57 we have kept relatively the same look. To tell you the truth, I think those blue pants with the white jerseys would look pretty sharp one game a year. I also like that 1913 throwback uniform with some numbers on the jersey.

Easy there, some people on this board are allergic to common sense. LMAO @ "the colors are different so they look nothing the same"....A green Toyota 4runner is completely different than a black 4runner I guess...

yep, I dont like tinkering with what doesn't need to be tinkered with....some people disagree. No problem there but, Im betting my sentiments are going to be closer to what actually happens than seeing this staff or administration implement significant changes. I guess I should've said Auburn has never donned blue pants in my lifetime. My opinion is they sucked 1946 and they'll suck just as much now, but hey...I understand people like different things. I like the uniforms as they are and contend they are among the most easity identifiable in the game. I have no need to see Auburn try to keep up with those who are making big changes...most of the changes ive seen like Oregon, Georgia and Maryland were and are awful.

yep, I dont like tinkering with what doesn't need to be tinkered with....some people disagree. No problem there but, Im betting my sentiments are going to be closer to what actually happens than seeing this staff or administration implement significant changes. I guess I should've said Auburn has never donned blue pants in my lifetime. My opinion is they sucked 1946 and they'll suck just as much now, but hey...I understand people like different things. I like the uniforms as they are and contend they are among the most easily identifiable in the game. I have no need to see Auburn try to keep up with those who are making big changes...most of the changes ive seen like Oregon, Georgia and Maryland were and are awful.

I think most people would agree with that. I am also a traditionalist and would never want a permanent change from the overall look since '57. At most, I think most people like myself would only consider a slight change for one game a year . My own preference for that would be to incorporate some element, a jersey or a set of pants, of one of our own throwback uniforms.

By the way, how can a guy with the name BlueVue not like blue pants ? haw :laugh:

I think that stocking cap they wore in 1892 look likes something Clemson or Tennessee would have worn. It would have looked much better with a blue stripe. ;D

I'm kinda liking that blue leather helmet with orange stripes from 1932. ;)

yep, I dont like tinkering with what doesn't need to be tinkered with....some people disagree. No problem there but, Im betting my sentiments are going to be closer to what actually happens than seeing this staff or administration implement significant changes. I guess I should've said Auburn has never donned blue pants in my lifetime. My opinion is they sucked 1946 and they'll suck just as much now, but hey...I understand people like different things. I like the uniforms as they are and contend they are among the most easily identifiable in the game. I have no need to see Auburn try to keep up with those who are making big changes...most of the changes ive seen like Oregon, Georgia and Maryland were and are awful.

I think most people would agree with that. I am also a traditionalist and would never want a permanent change from the overall look since '57. At most, I think most people like myself would only consider a slight change for one game a year . My own preference for that would be to incorporate some element, a jersey or a set of pants, of one of our own throwback uniforms.

I am with you bro'. But that's as far as I would be willing to go. 1913 and 1932 would be good "throwback" uniforms.

Also, unless you are old enough to have actually witnessed the change from helmet numbers to the AU logo, you don't get a vote. ;D

yep, I dont like tinkering with what doesn't need to be tinkered with....some people disagree. No problem there but, Im betting my sentiments are going to be closer to what actually happens than seeing this staff or administration implement significant changes. I guess I should've said Auburn has never donned blue pants in my lifetime. My opinion is they sucked 1946 and they'll suck just as much now, but hey...I understand people like different things. I like the uniforms as they are and contend they are among the most easity identifiable in the game. I have no need to see Auburn try to keep up with those who are making big changes...most of the changes ive seen like Oregon, Georgia and Maryland were and are awful.

I can see where as a purist you would say Maryland and Oregon look awful, as well as the power ranger UGA uniforms. But I don't see how doing one alternative jersey like UGA did with the black ones against us in 07 and Bama 08 are so awful. Keep the helmet and pants the same but alternate jersey would be really cool although I do agree with you that it most likely wont happen

Haha some of you guys really need to calm down with the "dont change as thing" "keep the tradition"stuff. Theres a reason went oregon gets alot of talk about their uniforms and not us. I'm not saying we should go anywhere near that extreme but an all blue or maybe an all orange would be a cool change of pace to do once a year or so

:-\

If the players like it then thats really all that should matter. After all, THEY are the ones wearing them...If you don't like blue pants, don't freaking wear blue pants!

I don't think anybody outside of Auburn fans consider the jerseys to be "the best in all of sports" as some are alluding to. That's just blatant homerism -- which is fine if you, at least, don't pass it off as fact. Auburn's jerseys are good. Great color scheme, nice and simple nothing too flashy or crazy. They are just fine the way they are, but giving some alternate/variation of them (like blue pants, etc) I don't think would be a bad idea. Gives the fans and players a little something extra to get excited about. I wouldn't oppose good looking orange jersey's too (just as long as they don't look like Tennessee's vomit orange).

If we used an alternate logo though for an alternate helmet I am 100% in favor of the tiger eyes logo Auburn has, its sick!

Actually our uniforms constantly make list in the best uniforms in college football.

http://msn.foxsports...&photo=31274938

http://sportsillustr.../content.8.html

http://bleacherrepor...erences/page/18

http://www.diehardsp...niforms-2012/#4

And I think you and I are the only people not opposed to an orange jersey, lol. Now as far as the tiger eyes are concerned Auburn started phasing them out around 6 years ago.

We won best uni:

WarBlogle has some good images here of alternative helmets, including with an orange facemask. Personally, I'd like to try the gray one for a while. But any of these look better to me than the Navy one, personally.

Oh, and I would like to move the navy stripes right up against the orange center stripe on the helmet for the home unis. And move the blue stripes away from the orange on the pants for the away unis. But only subtle changes like that, in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe someone already pointed out that that helmet looks like a racing helmet. Not a good look.

I wouldn't mind seeing AU in orange Jerseys but on very rare occasions.

With orange. They had on that combo in against Georgia in either 77, 78 or 79. I think the game ended in a tie. But anyway, They came out to warm up in the blue jerseys. When they came out for the game, they were wearing the orange jerseys. It was a good look

I am with you bro'. But that's as far as I would be willing to go. 1913 and 1932 would be good "throwback" uniforms.

Also, unless you are old enough to have actually witnessed the change from helmet numbers to the AU logo, you don't get a vote. ;D

I guess I get a vote then

Archived