Alternative Helmets

around4ever

Y'all just need to just lock all these alternate uni threads... Face it, good or bad, our alumni and administration here at AU are big-time traditionalists... New-aged uniforms will NEVER happen.

• Terry Bowden received backlash when he put an orange shadow around the numbers on the jerseys... I thought it looked sharp!

Because it was ugly and a copycat trend that didnt last long for anyone. Who does drop shadows anymore?

• There was some negative feedback when Tubs changed the helmets against Vandy in 2007... & that was to honor the '57 team.

Very little.

• Heck, there was an outcry when we got new practice jerseys in 2010... I guess some old fogeys don't like the orange & blue piping on the dang practice jerseys!

Only because people wondered if it signaled radical changes to our game jerseys

So we can discuss this all we want, but the alternate uni scenario will never happen. -wde

Thank The Lord.

Hey, hey, hey!!! Those drop shadows were Tha Bomb!!!!!!!

...in '97.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Y'all just need to just lock all these alternate uni threads... Face it, good or bad, our alumni and administration here at AU are big-time traditionalists... New-aged uniforms will NEVER happen.

• Terry Bowden received backlash when he put an orange shadow around the numbers on the jerseys... I thought it looked sharp!

• There was some negative feedback when Tubs changed the helmets against Vandy in 2007... & that was to honor the '57 team.

• Heck, there was an outcry when we got new practice jerseys in 2010... I guess some old fogeys don't like the orange & blue piping on the dang practice jerseys!

So we can discuss this all we want, but the alternate uni scenario will never happen. -wde

Its a new day! Time for the old fudgy dudgys to pass the torch!

If passing the torch means leaving it to people with a Project Runway fetish, we'll bypass you and wait for the generation after you.

I strongly feel we do need have Alternative Helmets and Uniforms. I'm NOT saying we need to be like Oregon, but it would fun to see our guys run out of that fog wearing different looking Helmets and Uniforms for 1 to 2 times a year. Homecoming would be a great time to wear something new.

If passing the torch means leaving it to people with a Project Runway fetish, we'll bypass you and wait for the generation after you.

I wouldn't put much stock in the next generation...

That was funny!

Before I get bashed for posting that, I don't like the brown pants or helmet at all. The jersey is kinda cool though.

in the comments section from the article was this little gem:

tumblr_inline_mp9xmde33h1qz4rgp.jpg

I'm liking me some of that 1913 uniform, for a centennial game to honor the 1913 National Champion Auburn Tigers.

Agreed...or at least a version of it. What better way to celebrate the 1913 team than to win it again?.... Wishful thinking...but anything is possible.

I think the black helmets are bad-ars!!! The new Eastern Washington uni's are slick!!!

No, their field is!!! lol eastern-washington-field.jpg

OUch! That hurt to scroll down on. I need to flush my eyes

We should make orange and blue turf.....

I actually like this as some form of fauxback to the 1913 team

I actually like this as some form of fauxback to the 1913 team

with matte helmets lol

I want to taze the next nimrod that seriously suggests an alternate uniform for Auburn.

There's nothing wrong with an alternate. Only thing is, all the ones posted are disgusting. With the right one, I'd embrace it.

Exactly. Screw his tazer. And in my opinion the helmet at the beginning of the post is freaking cool. It's a shame that Navy already has that design, though.

6805440917_199f23e12d.jpg

I'd like these with our away jersey for a home game. Maybe a "white-out". I know a while back we wore our away jerseys at home against Vanderbilt with retro helmets, I believe back in '06. I wouldn't mind seeing that kit out on the field against Georgia or Alabama.

Wonderful. Take design cues from the most horrific, garrish, butt-ugly outfit in the NFL, the Bengals. Nice.

Considering how this is a very small portion of the "outfit"... And I consider to be pretty snazzy.

In alternative helmets, I like the all blue helmets with orange AU on each side. Take off the blue facemask and replace it with the orange facemask.

Not sure of the feasibility or rules, and probably wouldn't want for us, but I always thought if they could find a way to do the padding it'd be neat to see a clear helmet with team logo/#/etc sort of midway through it (like you see done with glass paperweights and bowls) or shown at different depths. As an example, the U could be deepest, A midway through, and jumping tiger towards the outside (with another team please). Have to do some sort of clear gel padding though.

Archived