Alternative Helmets

around4ever

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the black helmets are bad-ars!!! The new Eastern Washington uni's are slick!!!

No, their field is!!! lol eastern-washington-field.jpg

OUch! That hurt to scroll down on. I need to flush my eyes

auburn004.png

I approve.

Ditto...

I also like how the 'Auburn' and 'War Eagle' scripts were omitted on helmet, jersey and pants in this rendition.

The interlocking AU sells itself.

Is ABCDEFGH 4*?

depends which service you subscribe to. scouting report: great speed. soft hands. would be a 5* but University of Alabama Tuscaloosa didn't offer so go figure.

Navy Chicago bears style pants with what we already have, maybe for an away game would be sweet.

Whoops this post was meant for the pants party, yes the pants party that you are invited to

I want to taze the next nimrod that seriously suggests an alternate uniform for Auburn.

There's nothing wrong with an alternate. Only thing is, all the ones posted are disgusting. With the right one, I'd embrace it.

I want to taze the next nimrod that seriously suggests an alternate uniform for Auburn.

There's nothing wrong with an alternate. Only thing is, all the ones posted are disgusting. With the right one, I'd embrace it.

Exactly. Screw his tazer. And in my opinion the helmet at the beginning of the post is freaking cool. It's a shame that Navy already has that design, though.

Exactly. Screw his tazer. And in my opinion the helmet at the beginning of the post is freaking cool. It's a shame that Navy already has that design, though.

6805440917_199f23e12d.jpg

I'd like these with our away jersey for a home game. Maybe a "white-out". I know a while back we wore our away jerseys at home against Vanderbilt with retro helmets, I believe back in '06. I wouldn't mind seeing that kit out on the field against Georgia or Alabama.

6805440917_199f23e12d.jpg

I'd like these with our away jersey for a home game. Maybe a "white-out". I know a while back we wore our away jerseys at home against Vanderbilt with retro helmets, I believe back in '06. I wouldn't mind seeing that kit out on the field against Georgia or Alabama.

Wonderful. Take design cues from the most horrific, garrish, butt-ugly outfit in the NFL, the Bengals. Nice.

Y'all just need to just lock all these alternate uni threads... Face it, good or bad, our alumni and administration here at AU are big-time traditionalists... New-aged uniforms will NEVER happen.

• Terry Bowden received backlash when he put an orange shadow around the numbers on the jerseys... I thought it looked sharp!

• There was some negative feedback when Tubs changed the helmets against Vandy in 2007... & that was to honor the '57 team.

• Heck, there was an outcry when we got new practice jerseys in 2010... I guess some old fogeys don't like the orange & blue piping on the dang practice jerseys!

So we can discuss this all we want, but the alternate uni scenario will never happen. -wde

Well, at the very least, it's all in the fun in games of stirring the hornets nest and sending those old beans on the interwebs into cardiac arrest.

Well, at the very least, it's all in the fun in games of stirring the hornets nest and sending those old beans on the interwebs into cardiac arrest.

:thumbsup:

:abmbu:

So just how much do I have to donate to get some new-age and throw-back uni's on Pat Dye Field?

Y'all just need to just lock all these alternate uni threads... Face it, good or bad, our alumni and administration here at AU are big-time traditionalists... New-aged uniforms will NEVER happen.

• Terry Bowden received backlash when he put an orange shadow around the numbers on the jerseys... I thought it looked sharp!

Because it was ugly and a copycat trend that didnt last long for anyone. Who does drop shadows anymore?

• There was some negative feedback when Tubs changed the helmets against Vandy in 2007... & that was to honor the '57 team.

Very little.

• Heck, there was an outcry when we got new practice jerseys in 2010... I guess some old fogeys don't like the orange & blue piping on the dang practice jerseys!

Only because people wondered if it signaled radical changes to our game jerseys

So we can discuss this all we want, but the alternate uni scenario will never happen. -wde

Thank The Lord.

Archived