Alternative Helmets

around4ever

Not sure of the feasibility or rules, and probably wouldn't want for us, but I always thought if they could find a way to do the padding it'd be neat to see a clear helmet with team logo/#/etc sort of midway through it (like you see done with glass paperweights and bowls) or shown at different depths. As an example, the U could be deepest, A midway through, and jumping tiger towards the outside (with another team please). Have to do some sort of clear gel padding though.

Puff puff pass my friend

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Justin Hokanson ‏@JHokanson

Gus Malzahn on alternate unis: "We like the jerseys we have. We think that separates us. We take pride in wearing the jerseys we have."

Sounds like Gus has already had "the talk" with the Powers That Be...

Gus Malzahn on alternate unis: "We like the jerseys we have. We think that separates us. We take pride in wearing the jerseys we have."

Not really. Just could be something that's in the future. http://www.footballscoop.com/news/10371-video-coaches-weigh-in-on-the-advantage-uniforms-and-helmets-provide-in-recruiting

AUinWV, Lets see some kind of a picture of the helmet your talking about.

http://www.lobshots.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/clear-football-helmet-3.jpg

http://www.taipeitimes.com/images/2012/04/05/thumbs/P19-120405-307.jpg

http://helmetgame.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/clear-football-helmet-687x515.jpg

Something like to those, but clear gel padding and logos done in 3-D similar to this:

http://mcdn.zulily.com/images/cache/product/350x1000/59156/glasseyestudio_197370_1376081375.jpg

As I mentioned, in AU the U being deeper than the A with tiger out most (please let another school do this, not us), or for instance, with bama the numbers could be deep within the helmet, white strip towards outside. Could even keep the red color as deepest layer, just add thick clear over it. Seems more like something for Oregon vs the SEC though...

Sorry for the confusing explanation, really not that important or likely, I just thought with everything else they're doing now it might be cool. Might be horrible too... Maybe too much

Puff puff pass my friend

Not really. Just could be something that's in the future. http://www.footballs...e-in-recruiting

Bingo!!!!!! Good job!!!!

I think it has possibilities. I would like to see the helmet with a smaller orange stripe maybe about a quarter the size it is. Maybe replace the number on the helmet with an eye of the tiger.

• 1 year later...

Orange shell with shadow tiger stripes ...

image.jpg

I like it! :thumbsup::wareagle:

why bring back a 20 month old thread that was stupid from the start? I realize its a slow time but its never slow enough for these stupid uniform threads.

why bring back a 20 month old thread that was stupid from the start? I realize its a slow time but its never slow enough for these stupid uniform threads.

Why can't you just lighten up every once in awhile?

Why can't you just lighten up every once in awhile?

This.

The helmet with orange and blue strips and AU logo on each side is cool. It does need an orange facemask though. I wish someone could make a mini Auburn football helmet with the orange facemask and mail it to me. If that would ever happen, I promise I'd never bring up the orange facemask on our helmets issue again.

I know its been beat to death. But a special jersey for military appreciation or breast cancer awareness would be cool. Maybe sell the jerseys for charity. Cool thread

Not much else to read at this time

Not much else to read at this time

I just like looking at the alternative helmet pictures. I mean we know it's not going to happen but it's just interesting to see what designers come up with. Agree...lighten up some.

I just wish the orange facemack would make a comeback.

I had no idea you thought that way. Total shock

Indeed.

I have to say, though, I was watching the replay the other day of the 1982 IB (Bo Over the Top), and I'm started to come around to a4e's way of thinking.

Orange face masks forever!

Did someone say MORE CONCEPT HELMETS??? Now with more sourcing from Reddit!! (All credit goes to /u/stimulation).

"Old Logo = Best Logo"

(I actually really like this one and kinda want us to use it)

moqrZEx.png

"Embrace the War Eagle"

3RhFMiB.png

Did someone say MORE CONCEPT HELMETS??? Now with more sourcing from Reddit!! (All credit goes to /u/stimulation).

"Old Logo = Best Logo"

moqrZEx.png

"Embrace the War Eagle"

3RhFMiB.png

The top one looks pretty good.

"Old Logo = Best Logo"

moqrZEx.png

"Embrace the War Eagle"

3RhFMiB.png

The top one looks pretty good.

Yea...I like the top one as well.

Archived