More Player Tweets and Pics About Workouts

Dr_AUTiger

Florence looks like he hasn't touched a weight in 2 years...

Played basketball with him a year ago... Dude is small but ripped. I don't think the angle of the picture does him any favors.

I get what you are saying, but hearing that a D1 safety is "small but ripped" isn't going to cut it. I want to hear, "dear GOD that guy looks like a freakin' professional wrestler....AU's players are clearly on steroids!!!"

Robinson who was All-SEC and maybe ALL-AM back in the early 90's didn't look like a pro wrestler (he wasn't weak though) Safeties have to be fast and too much bulk can slow 'em down. You want to do strength training, not bulking up training that body builders do-most of them aren't that strong in comparison to their size.

Google Laron Landry....

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. Something went way wrong with the football strength and conditioning program under Chizik.

wde

FIFY

I agree. Something went way wrong with the football strength and conditioning program under Chizik.

wde

FIFY

Good to see people who get it. I wish i could claim this next statement as original, I cant but, blaming Auburn's failures in 2012 on Kevin Yoxall is like blaming my campfire for global warming. There were so many issues that made success virtually impossible. We're not just talking about new coordinators but entirely new systems, new terminologies with different approaches. Add to that the players that either never really got it or never really bought into it because they spent more time out of position than they did in the proper position to make plays. Add to that,, arguably the worst QB play @ Auburn in 50 years with NO bigtime players anywhere in sight...not at RB, not @ WR with a young and inexperienced..yes young O-line. There certainly were NOT any game changes on the defensive side of the ball. You can tell me about "all the talent" Auburn has until you're blue in the face but theres nothing more common in life than unrealized and thus unrewarded talent. As it turned out 2012 was a perfect storm made worse by a coach who thought he was better than he actually was who resorted to micro-mannaging every detail and voila you have the makings of an unthinkable disaster in the making but its so much easier to crucify the S&C Coach and lay it all at his feet....what a delusional copout!

No structure

No Leadership

No Coaching

No Success

Not Yox's fault. He fielded some tough, physical teams.

My hat's off to the guys like Tre Mason who I can look at and tell he busted his ass. Most do not.

By the way I'm not bashing on Gabe Wright but does he look a bit, well, over built in the stomach region?

Nick F. body wouldn't be described as chiseled. When it comes to positions like DT & OL some guys can have a lot of power and strength not have the definition other positions have.

They aren't complaining about their chest and arms. Need more bench press. :sarcasm:

They aren't complaining about their chest and arms. Need more bench press. :sarcasm:

Gotta get their legs ready to be running up and down the field come Regularl Season. :-)

No structure

No Leadership

No Coaching

No Success

My hat's off to the guys like Tre Mason who I can look at and tell he busted his ass. Most do not.

By the way I'm not bashing on Gabe Wright but does he look a bit, well, over built in the stomach region?

Nick F. body wouldn't be described as chiseled. When it comes to positions like DT & OL some guys can have a lot of power and strength not have the definition other positions have.

You're right about Nick. Gabe just did not seem to be as quick last year as he was as a Freshman. May just be me. He's listed at 299 but he looks a bit bigger. As I have said before the team cohesion was so bad last year that it is hard to really evaluate any player. I like Gabe and think he and Blackson may be big surprises this year.

A lawsuit does tend to make one a bit skiddish. Look at the NFL. They have gone way overboard on the hard hits since these lawsuits by former players came about. You have to believe in what you are doing or get another line of work. Chizik failed his players on so many levels. I hope he learns from this and becomes a better coach because of it.

A lawsuit does tend to make one a bit skiddish. Look at the NFL. They have gone way overboard on the hard hits since these lawsuits by former players came about. You have to believe in what you are doing or get another line of work. Chizik failed his players on so many levels. I hope he learns from this and becomes a better coach because of it.

Chizik was and is the 5-19/3-9 HC. 2010 was lightning in a bottle powered by a once in generation QB/DT and strong, large foundation of tough, hardnosed players recruited and mainly coached by Tuberville. Chizik was a very good DC in the early to mid 2000's.

wde

It wasn't just one lawsuit...the medical staff was skiddish due to bad outcomes in the past, (I won't go into details), the coach didn't want to lose players when he was low on Schollys, and the S and C coach settled on more cardio and toning than big weights. The result was a perfect storm. There was no ONE person to blame. I agree time to move on. Sounds like things are going in the right direction. Hopefully Gus will stand up and convince the med staff that we can hit a bit in tackle practice and work outside more in the summers too! War Eagle!

Chizik was and is the 5-19/3-9 HC. 2010 was lightning in a bottle powered by a once in generation QB/DT and strong, large foundation of tough, hardnosed players recruited and mainly coached by Tuberville. Chizik was a very good DC in the early to mid 2000's.

wde

Don't forget about Gus!

No structure

No Leadership

No Coaching

No Success

You're right about Nick. Gabe just did not seem to be as quick last year as he was as a Freshman. May just be me. He's listed at 299 but he looks a bit bigger. As I have said before the team cohesion was so bad last year that it is hard to really evaluate any player. I like Gabe and think he and Blackson may be big surprises this year.

Yea. That pretty much describes the Chiz era. Guys come in as Fresh and look pretty good but as time goes on...they looked worse and worse. SMH. Everybody looked horrible to me last year and a step slow! Many times it seemed we were moving in slow motion. lol. I'm choosing to just forget about last season and pretend it was ALL a bad dream so I'm not giving credit to ANY player for decent individual play or declare others as not so good players b/c of 12'. Certainly a lot of talent. Just hoping to see progress in every area with each game this season.

I personally refuse to have a strong opinion regarding any player due to the horrible coaching and play on the field. We'll find out as the 13' season goes on...which players play last season had more to do with lack of coaching or lack of talent.

No structure

No Leadership

No Coaching

No Success

Yea. That pretty much describes the Chiz era. Guys come in as Fresh and look pretty good but as time goes on...they looked worse and worse. SMH. Everybody looked horrible to me last year and a step slow! Many times it seemed we were moving in slow motion. lol. I'm choosing to just forget about last season and pretend it was ALL a bad dream so I'm not giving credit to ANY player for decent individual play or declare others as not so good players b/c of 12'. Certainly a lot of talent. Just hoping to see progress in every area with each game this season.

I personally refuse to have a strong opinion regarding any player due to the horrible coaching and play on the field. We'll find out as the 13' season goes on...which players play last season had more to do with lack of coaching or lack of talent.

Agreed. I've come to just accept last year as a mulligan. Like it never happened. This year is a whole new beginning. Time to put up or shut up. WDE

A mulligan?

100.gif

Now there's a thought,,,,,,Start over with a new beginning and beingt_underdogcopm_fb198a7.jpgThe Underdog we seem to excel in........

Archived