2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Increases our chances from about 10% to 40%

I like the optimism but unfortunately, I think his mind is already made up... I think the only thing working in our favor would be immediate playing time, but he probably has been convinced he can do the same at bama.

Any idea how far his new drive to school will be? I'm still confused on the story of why he is transferring.

From my understanding, he'll have to live within the city limits in order to attend AHS and he is transferring so he''ll be able to enroll early...

Guest jrljr

I am really confused why we even still consider this kid. It would not surprise me if he transfered to AU high just so they can say "we stole him out of their backyard".......... a la Grant. Maybe I am going a bit far with that statement but no chance in Hates this kid wears O&B.

I was going to make fun of this but then I saw that you were a CE. We EE's refuse to make fun of our "Challenged Engineer" brothers.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Guest jrljr

Really though, I have to believe that there are plenty of High Schools in AL other than AHS that would meet his needs. That being said, I can't think of any reasons outside of either A) He is really considering coming to AU or B) They

(he &  :devil:) are so devoid of character that they would pull this stunt strictly to prove they are the biggest a$$h@!#$ there ever has been and ever will be. They could say to the recruiting world "Look we even let him go to their High School (I know there isn't any real affiliation, some may not), in the shadow of Jordan-Hare (even though it really isn't), where their coaches kids go to school and he still chose us.

While I certainly hope it's the former, wouldn't it be OH SO F-IN SWEET if it turned out to be the latter and he flipped anyway?   I'm just sayin'.... :-\

I don't see him going to AHS meaning all of a sudden he's going to be a Tiger... I mean LaMichael Fanning went there and we didn't sign him either. I think John Sullen is the only player on our team from AHS. I think Foster still ends up at turdtown. Now Howard however..... If we can get Lutz the ball 3-5 times a game then I think OJ will switch to the good guys

Also Corey Grant was AHS.

I thought he was opelika? But point is the same. Just because a kid plays right down the road doesn't mean he's gonna choose the Tigers

I thought he was opelika? But point is the same. Just because a kid plays right down the road doesn't mean he's gonna choose the Tigers

your right my bad.... and I totally agree with your point. Most kids want to get away.

Lamichael Fanning left before his senior season so this is nothing like his situation and Lamichael is telling him to go to Auburn so tifwiw

Guest jrljr

your right my bad.... and I totally agree with your point. Most kids want to get away.

This is completely different! He is born and raised in GA. He is committed to the turds. He is the #2 player in the nation. I have watched them both play and he is every bit as talented as Nkemdiche and IMO better. RN plays in an Atlanta suburb (Grayson) and they won state this year. Why if everything is honky-dory in turdville does he come to AHS? It can't be such a simple explanation as AHS is the ONLY HS in AL where he can accomplish what he needs to accomplish, CAN IT?!?!

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

I think we should get our hopes up because I think the kid will be in O&B. I feel better about him than I did about Yeldon. I will take Howard also. Lets sit back and watch the show.

Probably just my opinion, but I think it's odd when HS kids start changing schools for atypical reasons. When I was in school, the only reason people usually moved was if their parents got a new job, or something like that. 

This is completely different! He is born and raised in GA. He is committed to the turds. He is the #2 player in the nation. I have watched them both play and he is every bit as talented as Nkemdiche and IMO better. RN plays in an Atlanta suburb (Grayson) and they won state this year. Why if everything is honky-dory in turdville does he come to AHS? It can't be such a simple explanation as AHS is the ONLY HS in AL where he can accomplish what he needs to accomplish, CAN IT?!?!

Actually I think he was born in Tuskegee, AL

Actually I think he was born in Tuskegee, AL

He was

I like the optimism but unfortunately, I think his mind is already made up... I think the only thing working in our favor would be immediate playing time, but he probably has been convinced he can do the same at bama.

IMO, this has nothing to do with Auburn University.  Auburn HS is the closest major HS to his home in Georgia.  Makes sense that he transfer there since there are some problems about graduating in Georgia.  Meanwhile, he can commute back and forth over the weekends in the off seasons.    

This situation also displays some negative things about the Alabama HS system if a kid can't graduate "early" in Georgia but he can transfer virtually his entire high school transcript to the state of Alabama and some how gain ground on his graduation schedule.   How can that be?

IMO, this has nothing to do with Auburn University.  Auburn HS is the closest major HS to his home in Georgia.  Makes sense that he transfer there since there are some problems about graduating in Georgia.  Meanwhile, he can commute back and forth over the weekends in the off seasons.    

This situation also displays some negative things about the Alabama HS system if a kid can't graduate "early" in Georgia but he can transfer virtually his entire high school transcript to the state of Alabama and some how gain ground on his graduation schedule.   How can that be?

It depends on what sort of schedule the school is on. If he is on a block at AHS then he very well could graduate early whereas if at THS they were on a traditional schedule he would most likely not be able to graduate early. Certain school districts also don't allow students to graduate early in Georgia. Where I did my student teaching wouldn't allow Dakota Ball to graduate early and enroll at uat becuase of school district policy. TIFWIW

i agree with you.  basically this young man is going to attend an alabama public school for a semester and a month (give or take) ... and graduate a semester early.  that is the public school systems' of alabama and georgia's fault, not the young man.

he is taking advantage of a system in order to benefit himself.  i personally am not a fan of the idea, but i wont fault him for it either.

as far as folks wondering about the switch to AHS.  i think it helps AU, but is no guarantee.  it is not some master plan by the black helicopter people.  the kid wants to graduate early so he can start college early.  that is simple.  he can't do it in georgia, so he moves a short distance away to alabama where he can do it.  one of the closest high schools is AHS.  Oh, yea, they happen to be one of the best public schools in the state.  has a top notch athletic and band program.  regardless of where he ends up at college, seems like a very well thought out plan to get a good education (all 1 semester and a month left of it) and fulfill his desires of early graduation.  will get a headstart at his college football career.  good plan in my opinion.

I have zero inside information about this one, but I do remember Dee Liner mentioning Foster as one of the Bama recruits he's going to be going hardest after...we shall see.

And yes, he is good enough that he could very easily take over for Daren Bates in 2013 if he comes to Auburn. Linebackers like him are not a common occurrence.

I am really confused why we even still consider this kid. It would not surprise me if he transfered to AU high just so they can say "we stole him out of their backyard".......... a la Grant. Maybe I am going a bit far with that statement but no chance in Hates this kid wears O&B.

I was going to make fun of this but then I saw that you were a CE. We EE's refuse to make fun of our "Challenged Engineer" brothers.

Not funny, at all.  :devil:

Guest jrljr

Not funny, at all.   :devil:

Just playin civi's.  :timeout:  But more important, all I'm saying is if I were  :devil: I would do my darndest to help persuade him to go anywhere but AHS! Even if I thought my guy was unflippable. I mean lets see if Carl Lawson decided to leave Milton and go to Clarke Central or Cedar Shoals (Athens, GA) all of a sudden. They might have a great 'Bench Press' coach and he really likes to 'Bench Press'. I for one would not be happy.

Archived