2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

Ill admit I am not the most confident about this kid and I am afraid that his recruitment could turn ugly, especially if he decided to flip. I have not seen the film on this guy but I can assume from the post I have seen that he must be special and I would love to have him on board! If any coaching staff can do the job, do it right, and do it honestly - we have them.

You REALLY should watch his highlights!!

This kid is the most vicious hitting LB I have ever seen!  :-X

He is a once in a lifetime talent! :cool:

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heck, even if Reuben Foster DOESN'T flip and end up coming to Auburn UNIVERSITY, at least it would certainly keep the bammers on the edge of their seats.

Ill admit I am not the most confident about this kid and I am afraid that his recruitment could turn ugly, especially if he decided to flip. I have not seen the film on this guy but I can assume from the post I have seen that he must be special and I would love to have him on board! If any coaching staff can do the job, do it right, and do it honestly - we have them.

You REALLY should watch his highlights!!

This kid is the most vicious hitting LB I have ever seen!  :-X

He is a once in a lifetime talent! :cool:

Tray Blackmon had some insanely hard hits too.  But the most consistently hard hitting recruit I've ever seen in Therezie.  That kids film is still ridiculous to me.

first off are there not rules in AL for age limits in participating in high school sports? in NC i believe you can not turn 19 before September 1 for that respective year, and hopefully this only applies to seniors.

if this guy is going to be 20 when he "graduates" freaking high school then no thanks!

first off are there not rules in AL for age limits in participating in high school sports? in NC i believe you can not turn 19 before September 1 for that respective year, and hopefully this only applies to seniors.

if this guy is going to be 20 when he "graduates" freaking high school then no thanks!

Are you saying he is too old for college football, or remarking on his HS career perhaps taking longer than normal? Held back by parents? Anyone know the story here at all?

On the flip side, I dont give a crap if he's 60, if he can bring the thunder and intensity like he does right now to the plains...I want him here!

***Fair Warning - This is borderline talking bad about a recruit, so if there is something someone knows that is not "postable" on here PM or don't say it at all.

Are you saying he is too old for college football, or remarking on his HS career perhaps taking longer than normal? Held back by parents? Anyone know the story here at all?

On the flip side, I dont give a crap if he's 60, if he can bring the thunder and intensity like he does right now to the plains...I want him here!

***Fair Warning - This is borderline talking bad about a recruit, so if there is something someone knows that is not "postable" on here PM or don't say it at all.

calm down. i'm saying IF he really is that old then he should be bringing the ruckus in high school. and also i would have some reservations as to why he keeps wanting to switch schools or whatever is going on to hold back his education. but of course i said IF, as in i dont know. its just fishy if true.

and so are their age restrictions in AL?

Lmao and yall saying no thanks to the #2 player in the nation

Which is exactly why I say...doesn't matter to me if he's 60, dude is a beast!

calm down. i'm saying IF he really is that old then he should be bringing the ruckus in high school. and also i would have some reservations as to why he keeps wanting to switch schools or whatever is going on to hold back his education. but of course i said IF, as in i dont know. its just fishy if true.

and so are their age restrictions in AL?

I'm very calm. I was stating that, because of the question I asked. Some people in the know, may have taken the liberty of discussing Rueben's grades or undetermined issues that may or may not exist. I only wanted to say not to post it if it could be unfair or rude to a recruit. I'm not so interested in someone's business that I want it discussed on a message board if it doesn't belong. I wouldn't want my dirty laundry aired on a message board, and want to treat recruits with the same respect.

I dont know if there are age restrictions in AL, but I am assuming there are, and that they are more lenient than GA's if he wants to transfer to the state.

From twitter...

Mike Farrell ‏ @rivalsmike

Reuben Foster headed to same school as #Auburn super recruiter Trooper Taylor's son, this is about to get very interesting.

From twitter...

Reuben Foster headed to same school as #Auburn super recruiter Trooper Taylor's son, this is about to get very interesting.

Oh baby. This has got to be some very good news. Shon Coleman at practice, Rueben transferred to AHS, and I got off work early and get to play golf.

From twitter...

Hope he doesn't get kidnapped while he is on his way and taken to an undisclosed location until he can enroll at UAT.

From twitter...

Oh baby. This has got to be some very good news. Shon Coleman at practice, Rueben transferred to AHS, and I got off work early and get to play golf.

What are you playing me for?

so my initial thoughts are panning out.  kid (assuming the fanning stuff is true) has heard bad things about the dark side from a family member, transfers to an AL school so he can graduate early, comes to a good school in AHS, dual enrolls at AU come the fall, is "protected" from those big bad bams by being insulated in the Auburn Family enviro and easily slids on over to AU full time come January.  Sounds like a farfetched plan coming together!

Just to squash the age part. Dyer was older than everyone in HS and still showed out, and I've seen (somewhere) recruiting guys say that RF and RN were the two best players in HS this past year and that's including the 2012 guys.

so my initial thoughts are panning out.  kid (assuming the fanning stuff is true) has heard bad things about the dark side from a family member, transfers to an AL school so he can graduate early, comes to a good school in AHS, dual enrolls at AU come the fall, is "protected" from those big bad bams by being insulated in the Auburn Family enviro and easily slids on over to AU full time come January.  Sounds like a farfetched plan coming together!

From the mind of Mustache to reality!

From the mind of Mustache to reality!

Oh dear, I have a feeling this thread may break records before its all said and done. 19 and counting....

naw, since he will flip to us ... dual enroll at AHS/AU ... be an EE at AU ... grab a starting OLB spot come spring ... set bench press records during the off season ...

all is smooth sailing my brothers!  no worries!  :laugh:

The main thing here is he did what he wanted to do and not what the updyke coaches wanted him to do. This could get very interesting.

Archived