2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aside from this past year, Oxford really hasn't produced much D-1 talent in over a decade. Most get a chance to play at Jax state and that is about it.

:believe::we::believe: 

Ryan Preston, Chandler Shakespeare, Casinious Moore, just to name a few.

I hear you.  You stated Oxford High specifically and I couldn't think of any guys coming to AU in some time from there.  I know Casinious went to Anniston; never heard of the other two.  Nice to see local guys do well, but with the exception of this year I haven't heard of many going D-1 in a while.

Aside from this past year, Oxford really hasn't produced much D-1 talent in over a decade. Most get a chance to play at Jax state and that is about it.

There's one starting on the D-line at Vandy, one starting at Troy and one at Tennessee right now.

JHokanson Justin Hokanson

Hearing that Rivals100 five-star LB and Alabama commit Reuben Foster is contemplating a transfer to Oxford HS (Ala.).

If this happens, wouldn't it make our chances of flipping him that much harder?

It won't help thats for sure. I live in Oxford. Kwon had lies put in his head every day. This won't be any different. Maybe it will turn out different. JH is prob. correct, be hearning this rumor for about a week. WDE.

I just watched this kids film and all I can say is GOOD GOD. I was literally laughing at how unfair it was. Just threw up in my mouth knowing he's going to Bama. Best LB tape I've seen in a LONG time. Maybe he will transfer to Prattville and give me some kind of consolation.

I just watched this kids film and all I can say is GOOD GOD. I was literally laughing at how unfair it was. Just threw up in my mouth knowing he's going to Bama. Best LB tape I've seen in a LONG time. Maybe he will transfer to Prattville and give me some kind of consolation.

Me too...

I know his film looks great, but would it look as great if he got blocked at least half the time? If you watch it he runs through the gaps untouched over half the time! Almost looks like the other team is scared to try and pick up the block and just lets him run free! At one point in the video there are 2 rb's in the backfield and he records a sack while they are just watching!

I know his film looks great, but would it look as great if he got blocked at least half the time? If you watch it he runs through the gaps untouched over half the time! Almost looks like the other team is scared to try and pick up the block and just lets him run free! At one point in the video there are 2 rb's in the backfield and he records a sack while they are just watching!

Wouldn't you be scared too?  :P

Yep best tape since Trey Blackmon.....we know how that ended.  But, I want him to come to Auburn so bad to kickstart our new defense.

Yep best tape since Trey Blackmon.....we know how that ended.  But, I want him to come to Auburn so bad to kickstart our new defense.

I've got a feeling our defense is going to get kick started before he ever sets foot on the field...

I know Terry Henley's brother, Mike played for AU but I think he was booted off the team. There was also Victor Hall who played HS ball at Wellborn.  Can't think of any others.

There is a video on Espn of some bama reporter interviewing Foster. Only schools he talked about were Au, uga and bama. Can't be a bad thing. Says Coach Chizik and Coach Trooper are excellent.

Greatest recruiting film i have ever seen period. tops both clowney and nkemdiche on film alone. what he does in camps or in person i have yet to seen.

Kevin Greene's family is from Oxford and he has a residence here as well, but he never played at Oxford.kwon and his dad were big bama fans.Ulric Jones actually transferred from Ohatchee a couple years ago and if Auburn wants him they got him from what im told by family of his.I believe he will be the most succesful player from this area in a long long time.

Kevin Greene's family is from Oxford and he has a residence here as well, but he never played at Oxford.kwon and his dad were big bama fans.Ulric Jones actually transferred from Ohatchee a couple years ago and if Auburn wants him they got him from what im told by family of his.I believe he will be the most succesful player from this area in a long long time.

Then let him "Come on down.."

I hate to be "Negative Nancy" on this, and would love to have Foster as well, but the words from his own mouth is that he's 100% committed to bama.

Don't be too surprised if those words turn out to be no more valuable than the ones that come out of Nick Saban's mouth. I think we got a shot with this kid.

I hate to be "Negative Nancy" on this, and would love to have Foster as well, but the words from his own mouth is that he's 100% committed to bama.

Auburn is after bigger fish right now than Jones.

At 6'6.5" Jones seems like a pretty big fish to me!

He doesn't have fins. Sorry, he's just a pretty big human being. :tease:

He doesn't have fins. Sorry, he's just a pretty big human being. :tease:

:laugh: :laugh:

Archived