2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

I could be wrong, but I just don't see this guy signing us.

Yeh I agree, but I could see us signing...him.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could be wrong, but I just don't see this guy signing us.

Yeh I agree, but I could see us signing...him.

Doh!

any truth to the rumor (that I just saw posted on the bunker) that he just enrolled at Auburn HS? Odddddddd choice, if so.

I have heard this as well...

I don't think he is enrolled yet. He plans to. bama coaches are trying desperately to get him to go to oxford but he wants to go to Auburn high.

Well that would put an interesting twist on his recruitment. I like our changes a lot better if he goes there instead of Oxford thats for sure!

I don't think he is enrolled yet. He plans to. bama coaches are trying desperately to get him to go to oxford but he wants to go to Auburn high.

I hope this happens and he can hang out with his good buddy Quan Bray.

What's weird is a few weeks ago he was headed to Oxford and we all (me included) immediately though the Updykes were up to some typical recruiting shenanigans.  Now that he's headed to Auburn High, I'm all, "Well that's a great school, this will be an awesome opportunity for him...."

Well, one thing is certain in all of this...Auburn High School is a much better school scholastically than is Oxford.  Auburn High (at least back when I was in school) is one of the best public schools in the state.  They also play in the most competitive football classification in the state. 

I hope this happens and he can hang out with his good buddy Quan Bray.

kkolumbo is pretty close to cracking this code. Quan is the key here.

Well, one thing is certain in all of this...Auburn High School is a much better school scholastically than is Oxford.  Auburn High (at least back when I was in school) is one of the best public schools in the state.  They also play in the most competitive football classification in the state. 

For awhile at least, don't know if it still is, but it was ranked nationally. AHS is a very, very good school.

This seems to be a very interesting turn of events. Were this to go down I would think our chances of flipping Foster would exponentially increase. Question, which would be a greater recruiting coup: bama flipping Kouandjio or AU potentially flipping Foster?

If he goes to Auburn I think we will flip him. This is not what the bama coaches had in mind when they wanted him to change schools to "protect him". It will make it much harder for them to do their dirty work.

This seems to be a very interesting turn of events. Were this to go down I would think our chances of flipping Foster would exponentially increase. Question, which would be a greater recruiting coup: bama flipping Kouandjio or AU potentially flipping Foster?

Flipping Foster would be a greater recruiting coup because we are in need of linebackers. Getting a LB the caliber of Foster would leap frog our LB class. I know i'm dreaming but Foster, Johnson, Toney, and a big name surprise would put us at the head of the LB class for 2013.

Flipping Foster would be a greater recruiting coup because we are in need of linebackers. Getting a LB the caliber of Foster would leap frog our LB class. I know i'm dreaming but Foster, Johnson, Toney, and a big name surprise would put us at the head of the LB class for 2013.

I agree 100%. If G Rob turns out to be what we hope he does then losing Kouandjio doesn't hurt near as bad as initially thought, but I am about as confident as one can be that Foster will be a stud and future 1st round draft pick. I saw him at a team camp last summer and that joker lays the lumber unlike anyone I've seen since Tray Blackmon.

Bama flipping Kouandjio, you gotta be kidding me he was a bama lean for 15 months

Bama flipping Kouandjio, you gotta be kidding me he was a bama lean for 15 months

And his brother goes to Bama.....

Guys on Td are saying he is enrolling at oxford per BoL tfwiw

I don't know where the rumor he was going to enroll at Auburn HS came from but it sounds like bs considering he is verbally committed to bama.

Guys on Td are saying he is enrolling at oxford per BoL tfwiw

I don't know where the rumor he was going to enroll at Auburn HS came from but it sounds like bs considering he is verbally committed to bama.

Word is he will be ineligible in Alabama to play his senior year of football. His birthday listed is April 4, 1993 and in Alabama A student is ineligible to participate in high school interscholastic athletics if he/she reaches his/her 19th birthday prior to August 1 of the current school year. Rumor im hearing is he is looking to transfer to either Sandy Creek and Newnan because Georgia bylaw reads a student must not have reached his 19th birthday prior to May 1st, preceding his year of participation.

Interesting. I think either Sandy Creek or Newnan would be neutral with regards to Auburn/Alabama but would also introduce UGA into the mix.

Archived