2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

Interesting. I think either Sandy Creek or Newnan would be neutral with regards to Auburn/Alabama but would also introduce UGA into the mix.

If he goes to Newnan he'll flip to UGA, Tray Matthews is a stud Safety there this year already committed to UGA and Ogletree graduated from Newnan HS a few years back. Sandy Creek would be a much more beneficial situation for AU although Coach Walker at SC is a UGA fan.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys on Td are saying he is enrolling at oxford per BoL tfwiw

I don't know where the rumor he was going to enroll at Auburn HS came from but it sounds like bs considering he is verbally committed to bama.

He was at Auburn High yesterday looking around and talking to the coaches.

as good as this kid is, he would be highly recruited, even if he did not play his senior year of high school.  just a thought.

also, auburn high school is one of the top schools in the state of alabama.  if he wants to enroll early in college, would that trump playing his senior year of high school ball.  most kids (me included) wanted to play my senior year as kinda a last hurrah at my school.  since he is moving, then he wont have that emotional connection to the new school and may not feel compelled to play.  again, just a thought.

on a side note (for the realists - the following is me just having a little fun - THERE IS NO SERIOUSNESS IN THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT!!!!!) - auburn high offers dual enrollment at auburn university.  could there be the possibility that he transfers to AHS and immediately enrolls in classes at AU, skips playing his senior year of high school ball, thus ending his recruitment and becomes a full time Auburn University student in January.  Now there is some glass half full stuff right there!!!

as good as this kid is, he would be highly recruited, even if he did not play his senior year of high school.  just a thought.

also, auburn high school is one of the top schools in the state of alabama.  if he wants to enroll early in college, would that trump playing his senior year of high school ball.  most kids (me included) wanted to play my senior year as kinda a last hurrah at my school.  since he is moving, then he wont have that emotional connection to the new school and may not feel compelled to play.  again, just a thought.

on a side note (for the realists - the following is me just having a little fun - THERE IS NO SERIOUSNESS IN THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT!!!!!) - auburn high offers dual enrollment at auburn university.   could there be the possibility that he transfers to AHS and immediately enrolls in classes at AU, skips playing his senior year of high school ball, thus ending his recruitment and becomes a full time Auburn University student in January.  Now there is some glass half full stuff right there!!!

I like your way of thinking stache!!!

on a side note (for the realists - the following is me just having a little fun - THERE IS NO SERIOUSNESS IN THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT!!!!!) - auburn high offers dual enrollment at auburn university.   could there be the possibility that he transfers to AHS and immediately enrolls in classes at AU, skips playing his senior year of high school ball, thus ending his recruitment and becomes a full time Auburn University student in January.  Now there is some glass half full stuff right there!!!

I like your scenario!  :thumbsup:

I don't care if it's Auburn High or where ever...this just sounds shady to me and I hope AU is totally uninvolved with any transfer the kid makes.    This kid is already marketing himself, or being marketed before he is even out of HS and the whole deal appears sleezy.  You can bet, NCAA will be looking close at whatever happens with him...and they ought to. 

I don't care if it's Auburn High or where ever...this just sounds shady to me and I hope AU is totally uninvolved with any transfer the kid makes.    This kid is already marketing himself, or being marketed before he is even out of HS and the whole deal appears sleezy.   You can bet, NCAA will be looking close at whatever happens with him...and they ought to.   

Regardless if they hire his coach or not it looks as if he will not play his senior season (In Alabama) if his bday is listed correctly.

His birthday listed is April 4, 1993 and in Alabama A student is ineligible to participate in high school interscholastic athletics if he/she reaches his/her 19th birthday prior to August 1 of the current school year.

I don't care if it's Auburn High or where ever...this just sounds shady to me and I hope AU is totally uninvolved with any transfer the kid makes.    This kid is already marketing himself, or being marketed before he is even out of HS and the whole deal appears sleezy.   You can bet, NCAA will be looking close at whatever happens with him...and they ought to.   

Ha...No, the NCAA will not be looking close, he is a Bama commit.

I am really confused why we even still consider this kid. It would not surprise me if he transfered to AU high just so they can say "we stole him out of their backyard".......... a la Grant. Maybe I am going a bit far with that statement but no chance in Hates this kid wears O&B.

I am really confused why we even still consider this kid. It would not surprise me if he transfered to AU high just so they can say "we stole him out of their backyard".......... a la Grant. Maybe I am going a bit far with that statement but no chance in Hates this kid wears O&B.

Never say never mr. Confident. Look where Grant ended up btw. Reuben is not off anyone's radar, and I certainly am no where near as sure as you are that auburn is off of his.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume you meant Hades. I'm right there with you though in thinking he stays committed to uat. Generally folks that are actively recruiting for their school stay committed. Not always, but generally. With that said, I'm not sure what to make of the transfer rumors. However, I am less than sold that it is any sort of saban shenanigans, but then again who knows? I'd love to have this kid. He's a stud for sure. I just don't see it happening. 

Ha...No, the NCAA will not be looking close, he is a Bama commit.

More than one school has been hammered by the NCAA over a kid that ended up signing somewhere else.  IMO, AU should stay clear....kid changing HS's at last minute for no reason other than to further his football career, does he have a parent or guardian that is making the decision? a former HS coach following him (or vice versa) to some as yet, unidentified HS.  And is Auburn HS supposed to roll over and let this kid pass through the system regardless of his academic abilities?  Someone says he is 19 and still a junior...The entire thing stinks to me.

Reuben actually called Auburn High and said he wanted to come here. In no way did we recruit him at all, he called us. Also,  believe it or not coach Carter recorded every conversation he had with Reuben. More interesting news is as most of you know Reuben is close with Quan Bray, but also is good friends with a guy that is at bama now. Yall remember Lamichael Fanning from 2 years ago? Well believe it or not Lamichael has told Reuben to whatever he does, do not go to bama. He told him the coaches dont care about you at all and he absolutely hates it there. Lamichael has been calling Trooper and all the coaches and begging to try to transfer to Auburn but we want nothing to do with him. The reason for this is 2 years ago in late January we actually had him flipped. He was going to sign with Auburn on signing day and already had had a bunch of paperwork filled out for enrollment. We were counting on him to be one of our last spots in the class and the night before signing day he changed his mind and obviusly signed with bama. Just thought i would let yall know whats up.

Reuben actually called Auburn High and said he wanted to come here. In no way did we recruit him at all, he called us. Also,  believe it or not coach Carter recorded every conversation he had with Reuben. More interesting news is as most of you know Reuben is close with Quan Bray, but also is good friends with a guy that is at bama now. Yall remember Lamichael Fanning from 2 years ago? Well believe it or not Lamichael has told Reuben to whatever he does, do not go to bama. He told him the coaches dont care about you at all and he absolutely hates it there. Lamichael has been calling Trooper and all the coaches and begging to try to transfer to Auburn but we want nothing to do with him. The reason for this is 2 years ago in late January we actually had him flipped. He was going to sign with Auburn on signing day and already had had a bunch of paperwork filled out for enrollment. We were counting on him to be one of our last spots in the class and the night before signing day he changed his mind and obviusly signed with bama. Just thought i would let yall know whats up.

Wow, there are a lot of big statements here. In your apparently insider opinion, do you think he will transfer to AHS, and do you think he signs with AU? If these are true, seems like the yellow brick road just got painted O&B, and leads to the Loveliest Village. No one likes to give their sources up, but do you mind pointing us in the right direction? Awesome news! Thanks Naughty!!!

For someone with so much information, you should know Fanning & Foster are 1st cousins, not just friends.

Also if true, why is he going to turdtown for their spring game when he could go to dogtown or come to Auburn?

For someone with so much information, you should know Fanning & Foster are 1st cousins, not just friends.

Also if true, why is he going to turdtown for their spring game when he could go to dogtown or come to Auburn?

Pulling a TJ??  :dunno::laugh:

FWIW, in my opinion not knowing Fanning & Foster are 1st cousins, if that is the case, doesn't prove anything one way or the other.  Obviously there are things going on that we are not aware off with all this and at this point most of us have no clue of who is zooming who, so to speak.  Unfortunately the bammers have been so sneaky, dishonest, immoral, and hateful that there isn't too much most of us would put past them.

FWIW, in my opinion not knowing Fanning & Foster are 1st cousins, if that is the case, doesn't prove anything one way or the other.  Obviously there are things going on that we are not aware off with all this and at this point most of us have no clue of who is zooming who, so to speak.  Unfortunately the bammers have been so sneaky, dishonest, immoral, and hateful that there isn't too much most of us would put past them.

Alabama players go pro and their family takes a pay cut. They lie, steal, and cheat any way they can to win. When they win, they celebrate by teabagging passed out rival fans. When they don't win, they attempt to destroy rival traditions by killing things.

What is it that there is left to put past them?

Ill admit I am not the most confident about this kid and I am afraid that his recruitment could turn ugly, especially if he decided to flip. I have not seen the film on this guy but I can assume from the post I have seen that he must be special and I would love to have him on board! If any coaching staff can do the job, do it right, and do it honestly - we have them.

A couple other things:

I see RF is a 4* or 5* player...and I also see he is 19 already with another year to play.   This kid is making his marks against 16 and 17 year olds and should look like a man among boys because that's what he is.

I expect the real attraction to Auburn HS is its proximity to Georgia....right down the interstate from his home and would keep him near some friends.  To project that this possible move has anything to do with AU is wishful thinking.

This is a case that I would hope we would not get down in the mud with Bama trying to "turn" him or whatever.  In years past, that has not worked well for us ....better to work on kids that have an open mind at least.

I don't know anything about RF other than a few key points from this thread but as noted, this sounds to me like something that will not end well for AU.   JMO

Archived