2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so my initial thoughts are panning out.  kid (assuming the fanning stuff is true) has heard bad things about the dark side from a family member, transfers to an AL school so he can graduate early, comes to a good school in AHS, dual enrolls at AU come the fall, is "protected" from those big bad bams by being insulated in the Auburn Family enviro and easily slids on over to AU full time come January.  Sounds like a farfetched plan coming together!

From the mind of Mustache to reality!

Oh dear, I have a feeling this thread may break records before its all said and done. 19 and counting....

O/U by start of fall practice.... 100?

From twitter...

Mike Farrell ‏ @rivalsmike

Reuben Foster headed to same school as #Auburn super recruiter Trooper Taylor's son, this is about to get very interesting.

Hope he doesn't get kidnapped while he is on his way and taken to an undisclosed location until he can enroll at UAT.

Or poisoned by Harvey Updyke.

Before his enrollment at AU High I didn't like the % he would flip from the turds flirt some til the end but no flip. Now with this move I like the% :thumbsup:

Flip or not. How many bammers do you know who will have to think about it until February?

NONE .... They'll have to worry until January. He's an early enrolly  :tease:  But hopefully they'll have to worry about him laying the wood to T.J. for 3-4 years  :cool:

At any rate, this gives the players on our team instance access to Mr. Foster.. I am not betting on it, but this gives us a much better shot at flipping him.

I do know that Dee Liner has made it public that he will be recruiting Mr. Foster HARD!!

:wareagle:

People were posting on this thread a day or two ago that Foster was ineligible to play HS football in AL this year because of his bday. Has this thinking changed? I would find it hard to believe that he would transfer to any school in AL if he could not play his senior year.

Man, I would love to see him play in HS.

People were posting on this thread a day or two ago that Foster was ineligible to play HS football in AL this year because of his bday. Has this thinking changed? I would find it hard to believe that he would transfer to any school in AL if he could not play his senior year.

Man, I would love to see him play in HS.

Read on ESPN insider that he plans on transferring tomorrow, that he plans on graduating early which he can do at AHS but not at Troup, and that he plans on playing football. TIFWIW

Not getting my hopes up.

Just using AHS for his own benefit.

Being closer to the university will definitely help our case, however.

^^This. Remember who we're recruiting against, guys. I'm not saying this move isn't interesting/ entertaining but let's not get our hopes up just to have them dashed.

Foster said his commitment to Alabama is solid. He said just because he's transferring to AHS, doesn't mean he's choosing AU. That has been his stance all along from which he has never waivered.

I would love to have Foster, Johnson, and Toney as part of our linebacker class, but Foster just seems to love Alabama.

Archived