2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While we're hitting milestones in this thread, I just thought I'd throw in reply #1500.   :we:

Edit :  Nevermind.  Somebody beat me to it. >:(

RF apparently went on the Mikey Davis radio show tonight in GA and said he is 100% UAT and that he is trying to bring Kamara, Matthews, and Adams with him.  TIFWIW.  Also Matthews said the same thing if you just swap UAT for UGA.  Hope these guys come around.

RF apparently went on the Mikey Davis radio show tonight in GA and said he is 100% UAT and that he is trying to bring Kamara, Matthews, and Adams with him.  TIFWIW.  Also Matthews said the same thing if you just swap UAT for UGA.  Hope these guys come around.

Page 97

I am going to believe he is UAT bound. That way I'm either Super Excited or at least I won't be heart broken. Recruiting is tough on me...haha

Yrs but when he said he was 100% he said right now at the end, thus opening up for interpretation.

Guys, come on. The TJ Yeldon thing was more for selling subscriptions and jacking up recruiting sites; him flipping really didn't hurt us that badly. Our mission last year was to get a big running back. Jovon Robinson was committed long before Yeldon flipped, so either the coaches knew TJ was running game on them (more likely) or they were just prepared either way. I spent a fair amount of last recruiting season wondering why we would have taken Jovon's commitment since we already had TJ, because both were big backs and with Blakely being a freshman this year and Mason and Grant both being sophomores, we really didn't have a need for two backs with regard to depth. I wondered for a long time if Jovon was being recruited to play fullback, though it made no sense to put a guy who runs as well as Jovon anywhere but tailback.

By the same token, if Reuben flips on Saban, he might hee and haw and cry and wail about how a commitment is a commitment and players should honor them, blah blah blah, but he's not going to actually be hurt by it. Foster might be able to play early, but that's because he's so far ahead of the game compared to other 17 and 18 year olds it's not funny. Linebacker is already loaded at Alabama, and this year's class will be loaded as well regardless of whether or not Foster signs. So if he waits until the dead period, it doesn't really matter.

It's not even going to hurt so much if he decides to stick with Bama; with Trey Johnson and Cameron Toney already on board, we've got a pretty danged good linebacker class even without Foster. That's not at all to say I don't want him in orange and blue come 2013, just that Auburn is still going to be Auburn either way.

Only thing we can do now, is take them at their word. That means Foster to UA.. Of course he or anyone else could flip, but that is something we are not going to know unless it happens.

If all four ended up at UA (Foster, Kamara, Matthews, and Adams), that would be tough for the rest of the SEC. They are all top notch players. I would rather see them all keep their current commits, rather than seeing that happen.

Of course if they all were to sign with AU, then all I could do is say:

:wedance:

This may have been overlooked...

@Trigga_Tray28: Just got done with the show. Me . Reuben and Alvin had a good time. We all going o the same school now remember.  !! Go dawgs.

Seems sarcastic.

I think there are some issues at UGA right now (I know right!). But Henry just decommitted, and it looks like Shaq Wiggins is next. I think these kids are trying to keep the notion of them playing together alive, but know its not happening. My .02 fwiw...

Only thing we can do now, is take them at their word. That means Foster to UA.. Of course he or anyone else could flip, but that is something we are not going to know unless it happens.

If all four ended up at UA (Foster, Kamara, Matthews, and Adams), that would be tough for the rest of the SEC. They are all top notch players. I would rather see them all keep their current commits, rather than seeing that happen.

Of course if they all were to sign with AU, then all I could do is say:

:wedance:

Bammer is not recruiting Adams, Kamara, and Matthews hard. Auburn is not a serious contender for Kamara.

These kids are enjoying themselves and thats it. Until any of them flips im gonna just believe they are going to their commited schools & Im personally gonna stop boasting about a bammer commit.  :wareagle:

This news sucks!

Nothing has changed, we are still as much in it for RF now as we were before this radio show. Those kids are not giving out tidbits to the masses!

I think these kids are trying to keep the notion of them playing together alive, but know its not happening. My .02 fwiw...

I agree with this.  I listened for a few minutes, and I think it's more them playing around with each other than actually planning to play together. 

I think these kids are trying to keep the notion of them playing together alive, but know its not happening. My .02 fwiw...

I agree with this.  I listened for a few minutes, and I think it's more them playing around with each other than actually planning to play together.  

Yeah, I think they probably made a pact to play together before they started the recruiting process or something, and now that they've seen all that's out there, they understand that there's no reason for them to play together because there isn't one place that fits all of them perfectly. Auburn would be great for Foster and Mathews, but Kamara would likely get lost on the depth chart at running back, at least for a few years, because we have plenty of the smaller speed type of backs already on the roster.

After over 100 pages.....the following .02 should make an even $1.

Tray to UGA

Adams to AU

Foster/Kamara - ?????  Christmas presents for someone ...... uat/uga if i had to guess - and that would be just fine!

Foster sounded like he was firm to bama to me.

I'd agree.

And Yeldon said he was firm to AU. The coaches on both sides obviously tell them to remain firm to their "committed" school until they decide to commit elsewhere. Otherwise it makes them look silly and gives the REC and coaches a chance to stop them from flipping. When really grilled about it...RF said quietly that "I am 100% committed to Alabama right now." COME ON!!! It would open the flood gates if he said otherwise and he even threw in "right now".

I think attempting to read much into any recruit's language is futile but I'm as guilty as anyone. He IS a Bama committ and I don't have any reason to believe he will be anything else. But I have hope. Keep hope alive!

After over 100 pages.....the following .02 should make an even $1.

Tray to UGA

Adams to AU

Foster/Kamara - ?????   Christmas presents for someone ...... uat/uga if i had to guess - and that would be just fine!

I agree with this. As much as I would love to have Foster, I think he is having fun with the process. It sounds like the poeple that are close to the program say that his is giving mixed signals to the coaches. I am sure that he likes our coaches and really likes AU, but he has not waivered in his commitment to uat, and he once again confirmed it last night.

Give me Adams, Walker, Jones, Bell (don't feel good about him bcause of UT but 50/50), Smith, Rodgers, the kicker, and Wilkins and call it a day.

It is pretty funny that just two days ago, many people on here were positive Foster and Matthews had already silently switched to Auburn and it was only a matter of when they wanted to formally announce and deal with the backlash. Now after one interview, they are pretty much uga or turd bound? If what everyone was saying the other day is true and they were publicly still committed to the other schools, why would they say any different on a radio interview. I am not necesarrily saying I think we will get either one of them, but this interview hasn't done anything to make getting them seem less likely in my eyes. If they do flip and don't wait to do it until December, I highly doubt they would go on a radio show to flip committments. I know they seem to be enjoying the attention, but they know the attention from that would be much worse than just privately telling the coaches at the schools they are currently committed to that they changed their minds. In my mind, as long as Foster maintains a presence at Auburn football events, we still have a shot at him.

It is pretty funny that just two days ago, many people on here were positive Foster and Matthews had already silently switched to Auburn and it was only a matter of when they wanted to formally announce and deal with the backlash. Now after one interview, they are pretty much uga or turd bound? If what everyone was saying the other day is true and they were publicly still committed to the other schools, why would they say any different on a radio interview. I am not necesarrily saying I think we will get either one of them, but this interview hasn't done anything to make getting them seem less likely in my eyes. If they do flip and don't wait to do it until December, I highly doubt they would go on a radio show to flip committments. I know they seem to be enjoying the attention, but they know the attention from that would be much worse than just privately telling the coaches at the schools they are currently committed to that they changed their minds. In my mind, as long as Foster maintains a presence at Auburn football events, we still have a shot at him.

Than you! Common sense!

IT'S ONLY JUNE .........The mods know where foster is going ...believe...WAR EAGLE

The Mod's can only guess...

I doubt anyone knows where he is going, except maybe him... and I have doubts that he is 100% certain where he will end up.  Until it get's closer to EE, it is at best a guess from anyone... including our mods... no matter WHAT or WHO they've talked to.

My personal beliefe is if he had decided to come to AU already, he would have switch his commitment.  I don't believe our coaches or he would be a silent commit that will double crosss uat at the last minute.  I just don't buy that he or our coaches do things like that.

I will buy that he is wavering and is open to the idea of coming to AU... but that is a far cry room an actual commit.

IT'S ONLY JUNE .........The mods know where foster is going ...believe...WAR EAGLE

The Mod's can only guess...

I doubt anyone knows where he is going, except maybe him... and I have doubts that he is 100% certain where he will end up.  Until it get's closer to EE, it is at best a guess from anyone... including our mods... no matter WHAT or WHO they've talked to.

My personal beliefe is if he had decided to come to AU already, he would have switch his commitment.  I don't believe our coaches or he would be a silent commit that will double crosss uat at the last minute.  I just don't buy that he or our coaches do things like that.

I will buy that he is wavering and is open to the idea of coming to AU... but that is a far cry room an actual commit.

Agree with this 100%. That was what I was trying to say about 10 pages ago but I was not doing a good job of it. I think he is thinking about AU but at this point he still plans on going to the enemy. Maybe this will change this fall.

Archived