2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

So good Bob Dylan wrote a song about him, right?

Hey, Mister Tambourine man?

(The Hurricane was about Rubin Carter, not Reuben Foster.)

I know.  Like 99% of my previous posts it was a painful, sub-par attempt at humor. 

I'm right there with you, bud.   ;)

A wise old man once told me.....there's gonna be a lotta days when you lay your JOKES on the line an' ya' come away empty handed....ain't a d@mn thang you can do 'bout it 'cept lay 'em on the line agin, and agin, and agin.

Okay, with that spirit... If we sign this recruit, I promise every time I eat a reuben, I will also order a Foster's beer in honor. 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know.  Like 99% of my previous posts it was a painful, sub-par attempt at humor. 

A wise old man once told me.....there's gonna be a lotta days when you lay your JOKES on the line an' ya' come away empty handed....ain't a d@mn thang you can do 'bout it 'cept lay 'em on the line agin, and agin, and agin.

Okay, with that spirit... If we sign this recruit, I promise every time I eat a reuben, I will also order a Foster's beer in honor. 

:thumbsup:  Way to take one for the team, aubcali!

:thumbsup:  Way to take one for the team, aubcali!

I'll do it to. The fact that I love Rueben's and Foster's beer has nothing to do with it.

;D

Imagine if CVG got his hands on this guy. Could be a nightmare for offenses.

If our defense improves a lot this year then there will be a lot more defensive players looking at us by NSD. Between CVG and the defensive coaches shifting around we should look better at all positions and that is how you get recruits attention. When they see everyone talking about your players at their position they like you even more. This year none of our positions were getting bragged about and it hurt us with a lot of the defensive players in the end.

There is some truth to that. But with a year of experience for many of the players and this new improved staff that is about to change.

This is the reason that we work you in the summer time and spring Dansby. This is the reason we push you to do more than you think you can do. You've bocome a man and I'm proud of you. Wudn't trade you for another un in the country.

Imagine if CVG got his hands on this guy. Could be a nightmare for offenses.

If our defense improves a lot this year then there will be a lot more defensive players looking at us by NSD. Between CVG and the defensive coaches shifting around we should look better at all positions and that is how you get recruits attention. When they see everyone talking about your players at their position they like you even more. This year none of our positions were getting bragged about and it hurt us with a lot of the defensive players in the end.

As usual Rabern is exactly right. The younger players want to play for a great looking defense. They see something nasty on the field like Bama and LSU had this past year they want to be a part of it. If we field a great defense this year - and I think we will - we'll have an easier time recruiting defensive players.

I would love to get Foster to flip, but after reading this I am not terribly optimistic.  Our coaches need to keep up the good work.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/02/tide_commit_reuben_foster_tryi.html

Yes, I read that.  I think it's a safe assumption that Foster will be heading to Bama. 

I would love to get Foster to flip, but after reading this I am not terribly optimistic.  Our coaches need to keep up the good work.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/02/tide_commit_reuben_foster_tryi.html

Yes, I read that.  I think it's a safe assumption that Foster will be heading to Bama. 

Like I've said before (and many others as well,) if we produce on the field, recruits will look at us.  I think we can flip Foster if we push hard and show defensive dominance.

Foster would be nice but I'm more concerned with holding onto Liner. It's gonna be a battle all the way to NSD

Agree!  :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Mark Murphy said Reuben Foster has been to Auburn 4 times. If it is true, I don't see why he would come here that many times if he didn't like something about AU alot.

It is funny what was posted in the al.com article before.

"I knew where I wanted to go," Foster told ESPN's Greg Ostendorf. "My family knew where I wanted to go. They love Alabama. I love Alabama. Plus, who wouldn't want to get coached by Nick Saban and Kirby Smart? They're NFL-style coaches."

The bad thing is he said "My family knew where I wanted to go." Sounds like his family will push that way. But he said they are NFL-style coaches. The Dolphins beg to differ.

Mark Murphy said Reuben Foster has been to Auburn 4 times. If it is true, I don't see why he would come here that many times if he didn't like something about AU alot.

He does live less than a mile away, so it's not like he's driving from across the state.

He does live less than a mile away, so it's not like he's driving from across the state.

Well maybe he likes where he lives.

less than a mile away.....don't understand.

less than a mile away.....don't understand.

closer than 5,280 ft

I know he is a bama commit but he did visit this weekend. Do we have any shot?

His HS head coach, Charlie Flowers was fired from Troup High.

I know Reuben, he played basketball for my dad at Long Cane Middle School... Auburn does have a shot at him, especially if he were to transfer to LaGrange High School.

I think it also depends on how much love Auburn shows him over the next year.

I cant say much more, but I do know that he values my dads opinion, and has asked him before about where he should go.

Needless to say, you can probably guess what my dad said.

Archived