2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

I know he is a bama commit but he did visit this weekend. Do we have any shot?

His HS head coach, Charlie Flowers was fired from Troup High.

I know Reuben, he played basketball for my dad at Long Cane Middle School... Auburn does have a shot at him, especially if he were to transfer to LaGrange High School.

I think it also depends on how much love Auburn shows him over the next year.

I cant say much more, but I do know that he values my dads opinion, and has asked him before about where he should go.

Needless to say, you can probably guess what my dad said.

New Mexico Lobos? 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything can change based on how good everyone does next year. If our Defense improves a lot then we will jump up on a lot of defensive recruits' list.

I know Reuben, he played basketball for my dad at Long Cane Middle School... Auburn does have a shot at him, especially if he were to transfer to LaGrange High School.

I cant say much more, but I do know that he values my dads opinion, and has asked him before about where he should go.

New Mexico Lobos? 

Not the Lobos!! We don't have a chance against them.

Trey Johnson will be very important is fosters recruitment..I say they build a relationship and he comes to AU ...

New Mexico Lobos? 

Not the Lobos!! We don't have a chance against them.

^^This^^ dynasty baby

I think with our new defensive coaches, no one is out of reach.  I see the 2 new defensive coaches making a huge impact on our defensive recruiting this year.

:wedance:

I think with our new defensive coaches, no one is out of reach.   I see the 2 new defensive coaches making a huge impact on our defensive recruiting this year.

I haven't heard much about CBVG's recruiting skills, but CWM by all accounts is a lights out recruiter. And I expect the results of CBVG's defense on the field selling itself to recruits.

I think with our new defensive coaches, no one is out of reach.   I see the 2 new defensive coaches making a huge impact on our defensive recruiting this year.

I agree. Regardless of the D's stats from last year, I think these young players will see that this is their opportunity to be a part of the NEW D under CBV and CWM. Both coaches have the cred.

Boy reuben has a head like a catfish.hope we get him ..kid can bring the pain

This is a good thing, I take it? That might be one of the funniest compliments I've ever heard.

JHokanson Justin Hokanson

Hearing that Rivals100 five-star LB and Alabama commit Reuben Foster is contemplating a transfer to Oxford HS (Ala.).

If this happens, wouldn't it make our chances of flipping him that much harder?

Not necessarily, unless he is easily influenced by hoards of redneck bammer fans that are obsessed with everything saban.  However, there are a few level-headed Auburn fans and BOT members from the area as well.  Kevin Greene is also from Oxford, AL.  I am actually from Anniston, which is right next door.

:believe::we::believe:

Does anyone know if we have successfully recruited anyone from Oxford? We sure haven't had great luck there lately.

Well, at the same time, Alabama has only signed one player from Oxford in the last 10 years so... :dunno:

We have signed more from Oxford than Alabama has.

I'm curious about who in this statement.  Who has gone to AU from Oxford since Terry Henley, which was probably forty years ago?  I remember Jason Jack and Darius Gilbert signing with Bama.  I grew up in the area, but haven't been there for quite some time.  The only other player from that area I can remember signing with AU would have been William McCain out of Wellborn.  Thanks.

We have signed more from Oxford than Alabama has.

I'm curious about who in this statement.  Who has gone to AU from Oxford since Terry Henley, which was probably forty years ago?  I remember Jason Jack and Darius Gilbert signing with Bama.  I grew up in the area, but haven't been there for quite some time.  The only other player from that area I can remember signing with AU would have been William McCain out of Wellborn.  Thanks.

@ Crisco...... not players that both schools wanted.

On a side note, I played against Willaim McCain in high school on both football and basketball.  I played for Anniston.

:believe::we::believe:

Archived