Men vs. Kentucky Game Thread

WarTiger

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The team certainly hasn't improved over the course of the season.

Perhaps you did not see them earlier. Playing much harder but this is what you get with a team of 5* against a bunch of no star or 3* kids. AU short talent and experience where it counts.

yeah, I gotta' disagree with that too

A couple of 7 footers for UK having their way with AU now that our big guys are gone.

And once again fall apart in the second half.....

Not necessarily...did you see the Bama game...it was a second half rally. JMO but this was always going to be a UK win at home...a better team and home court...what did you really expect?

Perhaps you did not see them earlier. Playing much harder but this is what you get with a team of 5* against a bunch of no star or 3* kids. AU short talent and experience where it counts.

Sure they could beat Rhode Island or Winthrop now. But do u think they could beat FSU today, or LSU, or take Arkansas to double OT. I doubt it.

Sure they could beat Rhode Island or Winthrop now. But do u think they could beat FSU today, or LSU, or take Arkansas to double OT. I doubt it.

Can't agree with that. Arky was lucky to get the win at home....guess we will see before long when they come to AU.

Can't agree with that. Arky was lucky to get the win at home....guess we will see before long when they come to AU.

So u think Auburn is playing better now than at the beginning of the conference schedule?

So u think Auburn is playing better now than at the beginning of the conference schedule?

Yep.

Worse than at the beginning of the conference schedule but all in all this team hasn't played well all year except for a 4-5 game stretch that included the close loss the Illinois, wins over lsu so car and florida state.

Well sumter, we've seen your negative view 5 times now so we certainly know where you stand. I'm more optimistic...so guess we will just have to wait and see.

Guest jojo1515

When we lose to Arky by over 20 at home and finish the season with no more than 5 conference wins, the chance to say this team is improving will be gone. I am willing to give Barbee next year since he inherited such a mess....but I honestly expect a sub .500 conference record again amd Barbee to be out. Of course, he could somehow turn this team around and prove alot of people wrong..myself included. Then again, he hasnt picked up a quality center in 3 years and we still play pretty darn ugly basketball. The odds are not in his favor

"we still play pretty darn ugly basketball"

That seems to be the story of the SEC....very few good shooters in the conference and I guess that starts in the high schools around the south east. I don't know what the coaches are teaching the kids but almost none of them come to the SEC with a decent shooting stroke from field or foul line. AU fits right in.... for better or worse. Even the good teams like UK and UF drive me wild with their loose play, poor shooting and fouls.

Maybe that's why I prefer ACC basketball which for the most part has more finesse and style.

Why leave Sullivan on the bench the last 10 minutes ? Yell at him fine, sit him for a minute fine. But, if you aren't going to try to win the game, why play it ? We didn't go there for Barbee to look good to his buddy Calipari.

Why leave Sullivan on the bench the last 10 minutes ? Yell at him fine, sit him for a minute fine. But, if you aren't going to try to win the game, why play it ? We didn't go there for Barbee to look good to his buddy Calipari.

Did you see the game? He just was not running the offense, wild shots and turnovers and flagrant foul. TB gave him a couple chances and then gave up on him. I don't blame TB on that decisikn.

Did you see the game? He just was not running the offense, wild shots and turnovers and flagrant foul. TB gave him a couple chances and then gave up on him. I don't blame TB on that decisikn.

Agreed, thats actually good coaching. Also it's not like we were going to win when he sat him. And my opinion on this is that we just dont match up with UK. We dont have a dominant post player to guard Noel, or someone to guard Wiltjer on the perimeter. Besides that I think we played pretty good. Oh and way too many ticky tack fouls they called today

I will say this I liked the fact that they didn't lay down. Last time against UK and even Vandy it appeared they just rolled over a died. Hopefully this intensity and anger they seem to be playing with will continue. Arkansas is a terrible road team so we can do it Wednesday if the team shows up. I am far from a Barbee lover but it does appear he is at least giving these guys some serious reality checks and trying to get these guys to play harder.

The biggest issue I have with Barber is he isn't retaining players well. I mean guys like Payne and Denson have actually got a lot better while at Auburn. If we can keep Green, Price, Johnson, and Granger all 4 years I think you would see a solid product. The issues seems to be kids dont want to stay here which is a real cause for concern

I will say this I liked the fact that they didn't lay down. Last time against UK and even Vandy it appeared they just rolled over a died. Hopefully this intensity and anger they seem to be playing with will continue. Arkansas is a terrible road team so we can do it Wednesday if the team shows up. I am far from a Barbee lover but it does appear he is at least giving these guys some serious reality checks and trying to get these guys to play harder.

The biggest issue I have with Barbee is he isn't retaining players well. I mean guys like Payne and Denson have actually got a lot better while at Auburn. If we can keep Green, Price, Johnson, and Granger all 4 years I think you would see a solid product. The issues seems to be kids dont want to stay here which is a real cause for concern

I'm not sure how you draw that conclusion when nobody outside of the player and the coaching staff/administration knows why those players were dismissed or left. It seems like you are jumping to a conclusion without any foundation for it. I think a larger part of it is the culture that surrounds incoming collegiate athletes (in all sports). They think for whatever reason they are above the rules. That's a much more likely situation than the kids just don't want to stay here. Sure there are occasionally personality conflicts which is what I believe there was with Ernest Ross and that's why he wanted to transfer when Barbee was hired. But to label every player that leaves the program as kids that don't want to be here is a major reach and speculation, IMO.

I do agree that if we can keep the players we currently have as well as the incoming players that have signed, we can be very good in the near future.

Archived