2014 4* DT Josh Frazier (Alabama signee)

ellitor

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would. A lot of pieces in place - more than enough - for us to be there at the end.

We have laid the foundation to be there to the end but based on reading his comments we will have to battle and work on him to be there in the end.

I would. A lot of pieces in place - more than enough - for us to be there at the end.

We have laid the foundation to be there to the end but based on reading his comments we will have to battle and work on him to be there in the end.

if it comes down to the staff having to battle and work hard to be there then i believe they will be there.

One would think that Coach Horton has recruiting this kid for some time, with him being a big in-state up and coming prospect while Horton was the recruiting coordinator for Arkansas. We also have two other things on our side, Malzahn's connection to Springdale and Garner being his position coach and an excellent recruiter himself.

Getting him on campus is big. But getting him back for an official and possibly a game this fall will be even bigger. And it's certainly a given with all recruits that we have to make significant progress on the field this fall. But I like our chances of making a serious push into February!

One would think that Coach Horton has recruiting this kid for some time, with him being a big in-state up and coming prospect while Horton was the recruiting coordinator for Arkansas. We also have two other things on our side, Malzahn's connection to Springdale and Garner being his position coach and an excellent recruiter himself.

Getting him on campus is big. But getting him back for an official and possibly a game this fall will be even bigger. And it's certainly a given with all recruits that we have to make significant progress on the field this fall. But I like our chances of making a serious push into February!

Gus and Rhett actually have long and deeper connections to Josh through his high school coach. He coached with Gus and He coached Rhett.

E, I take it from your twitter chat with JF that he's ... back! in Auburn today?! Big if true.

No. He misunderstood my question and I asked it before I read his timeline. He is back home in Arky.

From his communication when he was in Auburn he seems to be a kid with strong home connections, and felt like the players and coaches at Auburn who hail from Arkansas gave him a feeling of being home. I think the "real" competition for him will be Arkansas because of his home orientation. I like that he tweeted a picture of Jordan Hare because to get him out of Arkansas he's going to have to be going to a larger program. I'm not surprised Saban told him he'd be playing defensive end in a 3-4, but I'm sure he's planning to start him there and then move him "for his own good".

From his communication when he was in Auburn he seems to be a kid with strong home connections, and felt like the players and coaches at Auburn who hail from Arkansas gave him a feeling of being home. I think the "real" competition for him will be Arkansas because of his home orientation. I like that he tweeted a picture of Jordan Hare because to get him out of Arkansas he's going to have to be going to a larger program. I'm not surprised Saban told him he'd be playing defensive end in a 3-4, but I'm sure he's planning to start him there and then move him "for his own good".

Josh plays in a 3-4 in high school. He is used to it.

Austin W. Penny ‏@awpenny2471h

Four-star DT Josh Frazier visited #Auburn Friday. http://instagram.com/p/aovwV0EurZ/

All right, I'm confused where JF was exactly on Friday. There was that picture he took and posted, and the tweet to E saying he was back, then E said he misunderstood the question and was really "back" in Arkansas, and now this AP tweet. I'll say it again: if he came back to Auburn after his bama visit: Big if true! (AP's picture really doesn't prove anything unless he took it himself on Friday.)

I find this curious. Post-USOpen, pre-CWS/NBAFinals anyway.

Austin W. Penny ‏@awpenny2471h

Four-star DT Josh Frazier visited #Auburn Friday. http://instagram.com/p/aovwV0EurZ/

All right, I'm confused where JF was exactly on Friday. There was that picture he took and posted, and the tweet to E saying he was back, then E said he misunderstood the question and was really "back" in Arkansas, and now this AP tweet. I'll say it again: if he came back to Auburn after his bama visit: Big if true! (AP's picture really doesn't prove anything unless he took it himself on Friday.)

I find this curious. Post-USOpen, pre-CWS/NBAFinals anyway.

Look at the GPS on Josh's tweets. He left early Friday Morning and did not make a return trip to Auburn. If you look at the GPS on the tweet before the tweet Josh had of JHS he was already back in Arky when he tweeted it.

• 2 months later...

I'm seeing more and more about his interest in AU. There's a new 247 article out on him. Given that he's from Springdale, it seems like a certain coach may have some connections to help us out.

Defensive lineman + Rodney Garner = Trench Warfare.

I'm seeing more and more about his interest in AU. There's a new 247 article out on him. Given that he's from Springdale, it seems like a certain coach may have some connections to help us out.

Defensive lineman + Rodney Garner = Trench Warfare.

Both Gus and Rhett have deep connections with Jush.If Arky goes belly up at 5-7 after starting 4-0 as I predict then I think Auburn will have a chance.

• 1 month later...

This sounds good

2nan29t.png

There's some of that buzz!

Unfortunately for him he is not at the top of the DT want list for the staff at the moment and currently not a take.

This sounds good

2nan29t.png

Unfortunately for him he is not at the top of the DT want list for the staff at the moment and currently not a take.

Who is or is not a "take" can change daily, even hourly, depending on who else does what and the domino effects of that. I think it's nothing but great news that a 4* DT is interested in Auburn and following the Tigers closely.

This sounds good

2nan29t.png

I think it's nothing but great news that a 4* DT is interested in Auburn and following the Tigers closely.

I agree,

also, the guy is a huge person, 6'4" 336lbs

Who is or is not a "take" can change daily, even hourly, depending on who else does what and the domino effects of that. I think it's nothing but great news that a 4* DT is interested in Auburn and following the Tigers closely.

Not likely to change daily in this case but I agree with the rest of your post...and I did not mean to rain on the generating buss sentiment.

Archived