Auburn has the #1 defense

TigerDevil

Auburn has the #1 defense in college football. We only give up 9.3 pts per game. That's pretty darn good. I think Gene Chisek has done a great job considering we lost DT and KD to the NFL last year. Way to go Tigers. I think CTT has brought in some great asst. coaches.

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/Internet/nation...eamscordef.html

Still the #5 total D.

Bama was bumped to 2, LSU up to 3.

After watching games all year, it's obvious the SEC is about the only conference that pays much attention to holding the other team to a low score instead of trying to gun it out every game.

thank you for your input streyeder. we understand that 6-4 bama has given up less total yards than us. enjoy it, because you will only be able to say that for about 6 more days.

thank you for your input streyeder. we understand that 6-4 bama has given up less total yards than us. enjoy it, because you will only be able to say that for about 6 more days.

121512[/snapback]

We'll see. You still haven't played us yet, and I wouldn't celebrate just yet.

I've never seen any points awarded or any game won because of the yards gained or not gained. The ONLY thing that counts is the number on the scoreboard and on that count, AUBURN has the number one defense in the country.

Winners don't hang their hat on stats. In most cases, stats are quote by those whose team doesn't look so good in the wins and losses.

When the opposing team has a shorter field, the D gives up less yards.

LSU averaged starting at the uat 40 yard line while UGA averaged starting at the AU 27. Thats 13 more yards PER DRIVE. LSU had 10 drives in the game. UGA had 15 drives.

I hope you can follow the line of thinking, which is basically stated in the first sentence.

LSU averaged starting at the uat 40 yard line while UGA averaged starting at the AU 27.  Thats 13 more yards PER DRIVE.  LSU had 10 drives in the game.  UGA had 15 drives.

I hope you can follow the line of thinking, which is basically stated in the first sentence.

121568[/snapback]

they wont understand that jared.

Just to make sure that every team gets their just rewards, I'm inventing a new scoreboard. Instead of the score, it will show how many yards each team has gained. This is coming because of the outcry that no one cares about the score of a game any more, or who even wins or loses. Only yards gained.

i'm certainly not gonna belittle the bama defense. they can straight up play. uga too. i was really really impressed with how well they tackled on saturday, and i expect to see the same thing next saturday. that said, i'd rather have our guys. i think the world of them, and they turn it up in the redzone.

Winners don't hang their hat on stats.  In most cases, stats are quote by those whose team doesn't look so good in the wins and losses.

121552[/snapback]

Note the thread starter... And the numerous threads started on this subject over the past couple of weeks, all by Auburn fans. :P

C'mon guys, don't take away uat's moral victories. That's about all they have to cling to.

I know that they wouldn't be civil to us if the situation were reversed, but we don't have to act like them, now do we?

They've had a rough year with all the injuries. . .

But I recall a really good coach for them (1958-1982) who scoffed at injury excuses by an opposing school with, "Injuries are very often a case of poor conditioning and poor technique".

Who am I to argue with that?

LSU averaged starting at the uat 40 yard line while UGA averaged starting at the AU 27.  Thats 13 more yards PER DRIVE.  LSU had 10 drives in the game.  UGA had 15 drives.

121568[/snapback]

they wont understand that jared.

121594[/snapback]

they sure wont... i pointed this out 2 weeks ago but i was called crazy for even thinking such a thing..<sigh>

They've had a rough year with all the injuries. . .

But I recall a really good coach for them (1958-1982) who scoffed at injury excuses by an opposing school with, "Injuries are very often a case of poor conditioning and poor technique".

121630[/snapback]

I have the same thought every time I hear the bammers crying about all their injuries and bad luck this season. Injuries are a part of football because it is a violent sport. But such a rash of injuries to one team at the same position cannot be written off to bad luck. There has to be a deeper problem, as in poor conditioning or poor technique. And if the great bahr said it, it must be the gospel truth!!!!!

121512[/snapback]

We'll see. You still haven't played us yet, and I wouldn't celebrate just yet.

121545[/snapback]

Gosh I hate to agree with a Bamar...so lighten up boys...this is why they play the games! WDE!!! :big::au:

Bama has a great defense, as witnessed by LSU last night. But the "O" is run only. That will cost bama in the game on Saturday. The bama "O" is more like "o".

Auburn cannot look at this as a easy game. And I'm sure they will not! The seniors on this team want to go out 3-1 v/s bama. And they will.

Prediction:

Auburn 34

Bama 16

And that's my story.

they sure wont... i pointed this out 2 weeks ago  but  i was called crazy  for even thinking such a thing..<sigh>

121631[/snapback]

I knew someone on the board did, I just couldn't remember who. I thought I'd do a little research. I might pull a StatTiger tomorrow if I have time and do the who season, but then again, who cares? We beat Bama and I'll be happy!

they sure wont... i pointed this out 2 weeks ago  but  i was called crazy  for even thinking such a thing..<sigh>

121631[/snapback]

I knew someone on the board did, I just couldn't remember who. I thought I'd do a little research. I might pull a StatTiger tomorrow if I have time and do the who season, but then again, who cares? We beat Bama and I'll be happy!

121690[/snapback]

I didn't call her crazy, I just said that considering most teams start their drives on our side of the field, it was simply amazing that bama wasn't allowing more than 13.7 ppg on defense.

the bammerboobs keep the starters in all game because of an offense that,on it's best day,is anemic.......saturday will shut them up about the subject.....AU threw short this week......next week the ball goes down the field further against suspect DB'S

CTT said it best. And I quote, "I an old defensive coach, and I'd hate to play us". The UA defense is good, but this AU offense keeps a defense guessing. We have short passes, long passes, screen passes, flea flickers, half back passes, you name it, AU has it in their arsenal. If passing is not working, CW and RB can run it down their throats. I don't see any Defense completely shutting down this offense. UA will show stiff competition, but I can't see them staying with us for a full 60 minutes. They don't have the depth, IMO. They may have 'heart', but in the 4th quarter when your tongue is dragging the ground, the last thing you want to see is a fresh Ronnie Brown or Cadillac, or even Carl Stewart coming at you.

Archived