New Sponsor: Welcoming Gusty Yearout to AUFAMILY!

RunInRed

Please join us in welcoming our latest sponsor, Gusty Yearout!

Gusty Yearout was a walk-on football player at Auburn, and earned a scholarship while playing for Coach Shug Jordan. In the 1966 Auburn-Florida game, Gusty set the Auburn record for the longest touchdown run by a defensive player: 91 yards. That record still stands today.

Gusty was the Captain of the 1966 and 1967 Auburn teams. He was also selected as an All-SEC linebacker in both 1966 and 1967.

After Auburn, Gusty went to law school and became a hard-nosed litigation attorney. (Who is tougher than an Auburn linebacker?) Now Yearout has assembled a team of law firms and accountants to collect money from the BP settlement fund for businesses all over Alabama. Watch the video and let Gusty and Lloyd Gathings explain how your business could collect money from the BP settlement if your revenues dropped in 2010, even if you can't prove the oil spill caused your decline in revenues.

If you have a business that was affected or just a question about the recent BP Oil Spill, I strongly encourage you to contact Gusty and support the AU Business Owners who make AUFAMILY.COM possible. Thanks in advance and War Eagle!

ad_gusty_bp_settlementv2.png

Can we get some clarification of the Auburn record he holds as longest touchdown run by a defensive player. Anybody know the context of that play? The reason I ask is because Calvin Jackson had his interception return vs. Florida back in 1993 that went for 94 yards which would be longer than the 91 mentioned in the article. I'm just curious as to what kind of play it was.

Archived