LSU game 1

Bummer! two on with two outs and left them!

Pretty much describes the last two years.

I'm ready for a breakout!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

getting ugly...

Getting? Ten walks issued. Seven of nine starters reached base at least twice.

at the time they had bases loaded and was looking like a bigger rout than it already was. I don't expect we will turn things around this weekend in Baton Rouge.

Getting.....hell, it's just plain old!

Good to see some hitting in this game. Playing #2 and #3 in the nation on back to back weekends is a tough way to start the SEC season. There are lots of games ahead of us and crying about the record at this point is unbecoming. Fortunately the players seem to have more resolve than many of the fans.

Not to be overly pessimistic, but I really don't expect anything special from this squad. Can we PLEASE go hire Casey Dunn from Samford now?

Not to be overly pessimistic, but I really don't expect anything special from this squad. Can we PLEASE go hire Casey Dunn from Samford now?

Better get in line because bama is already making inquiries about Casey. If their season doesn't turn around Casey will be their #1 target and Casey is not as anti bama as some would think since he is an AU grad. It's all about the opportunity and the $$$.

Today's game can be very important for the tigers for a few reasons:

1.) A win tonight would give the tigers a 1-4 record in the SEC. Not the most brilliant record in the world, but finally an SEC win in a sport.

2.) A win tonight would even further prove how Auburn fights when odds are against them. While I don't want to say Sunday games are not important to teams who have won the first two games in the series, you see more games on Sunday now a-days in which the team down 2-0 in the series wins the Sunday game. I don't know if this is because of a lack of focus by the other team or more of an emphasis on getting more of the bench some experience in the SEC.

3.) A win tonight would allow Auburn somewhat of a mental cushion for Sunday's game, not saying that they could relax and take Sunday off, but knowing that a win in this series is important, and a win tonight would allow Auburn to really go out and lay it all on the table on Sunday.

Don't give up on this team yet- they hit the ball well, they just can't get runners around the base pad quite yet. All getting these runs home take is these hits coming with runners on base instead of with two outs and nobody on. War Eagle guys!

What's the news on Wade? Would be a tough loss if it is as serious as it seemed to be.

Not that I'm counting this over yet, but if nothing changes: The good: Reid Carter emerges as a viable long relief option along with Kendrick in the pen...the bad: runners get on base, but still missing that one clutch hit. Also, hope Jay Wades okay The Ugly: 0-4 in Conference now. Number 3 and Number 2 back to back isn't a piece of cake at all (for that, see Alabama's entire SEC schedule) but we need to steal one of these just for confidence. Hard to mentally wrap your head around an 0-6 conference run...Keep chopping wood Tigers, need to grow up fast

I would add we had some good 2 out and 2 strike hits tonight some that ended up in runs. We got 12 hits, but still k'd 10 times. saving grace might be geting these top teams right off the bat. Do still need a hit like Wacker's with bases loaded Wednesday.

Well then I guess we won't be seeing anymore of your negative posts since you don't see anything special after 4 SEC games. Have a nice year!

Today's game can be very important for the tigers for a few reasons:

1.) A win tonight would give the tigers a 1-4 record in the SEC. Not the most brilliant record in the world, but finally an SEC win in a sport.

2.) A win tonight would even further prove how Auburn fights when odds are against them. While I don't want to say Sunday games are not important to teams who have won the first two games in the series, you see more games on Sunday now a-days in which the team down 2-0 in the series wins the Sunday game. I don't know if this is because of a lack of focus by the other team or more of an emphasis on getting more of the bench some experience in the SEC.

3.) A win tonight would allow Auburn somewhat of a mental cushion for Sunday's game, not saying that they could relax and take Sunday off, but knowing that a win in this series is important, and a win tonight would allow Auburn to really go out and lay it all on the table on Sunday.

Don't give up on this team yet- they hit the ball well, they just can't get runners around the base pad quite yet. All getting these runs home take is these hits coming with runners on base instead of with two outs and nobody on. War Eagle guys!

Lets hope O'neal keeps them off balance! War Eagle!

hey guys, LSU fan here.

I'm the resident baseball junkie on our board.

I signed up to check in on Jay Wade's injury.

have any of you heard any updates on the severity of it?

I have not heard anything on either the severity of it or when he will be returning but your concern is very much appreciated!

I have not heard anything on either the severity of it or when he will be returning but your concern is very much appreciated!

well, I hope the injury isn't as bad as it looked on TV last night.

the entire LSU fanbase was very appreciative of the treatment given to our CF last year whne he was injured at y'all place.

class organization all the way with how y'all handled it.

I can only hope that the LSU staff did everything they could to help your guy out last night.

well, I hope the injury isn't as bad as it looked on TV last night.

the entire LSU fanbase was very appreciative of the treatment given to our CF last year whne he was injured at y'all place.

class organization all the way with how y'all handled it.

I can only hope that the LSU staff did everything they could to help your guy out last night.

Thanks!

I'm sure Jay was well cared for by your medical staff. I just hope he can heal quickly and get back to the bullpen.

One thing I like about playing baseball against lsu... They know their baseball. It's a great atmosphere. Hope the combo of our bats "livining" up and hopefully another solid outing by Oneal along with what has been some fairly solid defense lately will give us a run at a W today.

I never give up on the players, but I gave up on Coach Paw a couple of years ago. We should have hired Casey Dunn at the time we hired Pawloski and I said so at the time.

If UAT offers Casey a job and we don't, no sane person could blame him for taking their job. Casey may be an Auburn man, but it's up to Auburn to do its part and be a "Casey man".

If UAT offers Casey a job and we don't, no sane person could blame him for taking their job. Casey may be an Auburn man, but it's up to Auburn to do its part and be a "Casey man".

His dad was the head baseball coach at bammer for about 2 or 3 days. On the way to the press conference at the hotel his wife was throwing up from chemo and he decided he couldn't go through with what the change would mean for her physically and emotionally. GREATEST BASEBALL COACH EVER.

One thing I like about playing baseball against lsu... They know their baseball. It's a great atmosphere. Hope the combo of our bats "livining" up and hopefully another solid outing by Oneal along with what has been some fairly solid defense lately will give us a run at a W today.

I like the way you think.

Archived