JC's Heissman chances

tiger88

I saw a couple of "experts" that had him listed as a solid top two and everyone had him in the top 5.

All said it was a wide open race and anyone could win. A good showing against a tough bama d could help greatly.

Anybody got some good links or something?

If JC goes to NY, it will be huge. He's not gaudy or hyped by the media, so the though of him winning is as distant as the thought of us going to the Music City Bowl. I am proud of JC, but he's not the best in college football. He's the best leader by far, but on pure talent he's beat by at least 2 others (White and Leinert).

Way to go JC. No preseason hype needed to get in the race, just pure hard work and discipline!

I know most of you guys are not going to remember this, but when Pat Sullivan won the Heisman, the favorite was a RB named Ed Marinaro. He had all the hype, and everyone was already giving him the trophy. At that time, they evidently didn't invite the top 5 to the presentation, because Sullivan was in Alabama and Marinaro was at the presentation. I'll never forget the interview with Marinaro, because it just seemed stupid to be interviewing the loser. The network that was broadcasting the presentation had to scramble to find Sullivan and interview him. It was hilarious.

With Jason the only real candidate on the East coast, and in the SEC, he could sneak in there with the other's guys votes from the central and western US being split between the 2 Okl guys and 2 USC guys...

If JC goes to NY, it will be huge.  He's not gaudy or hyped by the media, so the though of him winning is as distant as the thought of us going to the Music City Bowl.  I am proud of JC, but he's not the best in college football.  He's the best leader by far, but on pure talent he's beat by at least 2 others (White and Leinert).

Way to go JC.  No preseason hype needed to get in the race, just pure hard work and discipline!

121574[/snapback]

I couldn't agree anymore. Anyone that knows me, knows that I am the biggest Jason Campbell fan EVER! But Jason has his team that is making him look so good. For the majority, he throws short screen passes that Ronnie or Carnell turn into big plays. Jason hasn't thrown deep too much. The LSU and especially UT games made Jason look #1. But he is not the best athlete out there. His leadership and decision making has been the key.

Archived