Allegations against Auburn

WarDamnEagle#1

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great article!!! Tells it like it is. We need more of these. Has anyone heard anything from the SEC commissioner ??? It would be amazing and very negligent of Slive not to even comment on this debacle. If he does not stand up for us then we need a new commissioner, period!!!

Dang, That chick is ugly, a perfect example of the old adage "beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes to the bone". I've seen better looking tackling dummies than Selena Roberts. Heck, Phylis , the turd fan with the raspy cigarette voice who used to call Finebaum is probably a raving beauty next to Roberts.

Dang, That chick is ugly, a perfect example of the old adage "beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes to the bone". I've seen better looking tackling dummies than Selena Roberts. Heck, Phylis , the turd fan with the raspy cigarette voice who used to call Finebaum is probably a raving beauty next to Roberts.

While you are entitled to your esthetic opinion, how's that factor into this story?

She could look better than Scarlett Johannson, Beyonce, Kaley Cuomo, and Miss America all rolled into one, and it wouldn't change the ugliness of her so-called "journalism".

1016_Selena-Roberts_630x420-540x360.jpg

Selena Roberts

What does Auburn Director of Strategic Communications Jack Smith think about Selena Roberts’ story?

“This was gotcha, hide-the-ball journalism at its worst.”

That’s what he told reporters covering Auburn’s spring practice Friday, after releasing Robert’s emailed request for an interview with Jay Jacobs about “the armed robbery charges involving Mosley, Kitchens, Goodwin and McNeil.”

Hi Kirk — I’m working on a piece about the armed robbery charges involving Mosley, Kitchens, Goodwin and McNeil. After interviewing more than a dozen people about that night, I had some questions regarding Auburn University and former Coach Gene Chizik’s role in the case. I’m requesting an interview with Jay Jacobs about the information I received.

I can be reached at [number redacted].

Thank you, Selena.

Selena Roberts

Founder| Roopster Media Group, LLC

Roopstigo Sports Network

Smith should know a thing or two about journalistic standards. He earned a masters degree in journalism from the University of Alabama, and was Editor, Publisher and General Manager of The Eufaula Tribune (that Eufaula Tribune) for 11 years. He’s also a former advisor for the Auburn Plainsman.

Here’s his reply:

Selena,

Good afternoon. Kirk Sampson forwarded me your email requesting an interview with Jay Jacobs about former football players involved in the 2011 robbery. We respectfully decline the opportunity to be interviewed for your story at this time. Best of luck and thanks for reaching out to us.

Respectfully,

Jack

Jack Smith

Director of Strategic Communication

Auburn Athletics

First off, I apologize if this point has been made previously but I haven't gone through all the pages of this thread to find out. Anyway, let us not forget what is at the base of this WHOLE thing. A guy, about to stand trial for armed robbery and who was kicked off the team for that very reason, essentially launched this thing, (btw, axe to grind, anyone?). This is "wag the dog" at its finest. The guy stands to gain by casting AU in a horrible light and framing himself as the victim during his trial.

The "reporter" stands to gain because she has lost any meaningful journalism job she's ever held and now is trying to get traction on her pathetic website...it's a career saving ploy, pure and simple.

Lest we forget, by the way, there are two more people whose trials have not come up yet. We WILL see this again, twice more at least, when they come to trial. Nobody will look behind the curtain to see the sad old man when the wizard's flame and thunder of misdirection and misinformation has captured their attention.

WDE

That is the unfortunate part. Apparently the is Mosely's entire defense : "Auburn made me do it". Just can't wait till June, huh. Still waiting for Jodi Arias to blame us.

Moseley is a loser. And the only reason he made it to auburn was dyer required it. We just didn't know it was because he was dyer's " source"

Headline from my Yahoo home page: "Auburn in Defense mode from scathing report"....But when I tried to link it, it disappeared and could not get a link to it so don't know who wrote it or what it said. From title, it seems it must have involved our various responses.

Headline from my Yahoo home page: "Auburn in Defense mode from scathing report"....But when I tried to link it, it disappeared and could not get a link to it so don't know who wrote it or what it said. From title, it seems it must have involved our various responses.

Stay on it Sherlock, you're doing great :hellyeah:

It is still there and was posted around 6PM CST! Authored by JOHN ZENOR (AP Sports Writer). I do not see anything positive in the article. The link is below and click if you really want to read the article. It has no mention of the facts that Auburn provided regarding the allegations by ESPN/Roberts, but it has details of the allegations made.

Link

We just have to keep the pressure on to fight this thing. Great job 64, you have to be retired to post as much as you do. You and Iron Man make a lot of sense on here but I think your are of the "older" generation like I am :)

We just have to keep the pressure on to fight this thing. Great job 64, you have to be retired to post as much as you do. You and Iron Man make a lot of sense on here but I think your are of the "older" generation like I am :)

'64 sure ain't my age but I'm hanging in there. Going on 13 years of retirement and learned that I should have been doing it even longer. As for the Yahoo piece...it was probably wishful thinking to expect a fair hearing from that source...but you never know.

First off, I apologize if this point has been made previously but I haven't gone through all the pages of this thread to find out. Anyway, let us not forget what is at the base of this WHOLE thing. A guy, about to stand trial for armed robbery and who was kicked off the team for that very reason, essentially launched this thing, (btw, axe to grind, anyone?). This is "wag the dog" at its finest. The guy stands to gain by casting AU in a horrible light and framing himself as the victim during his trial.

The "reporter" stands to gain because she has lost any meaningful journalism job she's ever held and now is trying to get traction on her pathetic website...it's a career saving ploy, pure and simple.

Lest we forget, by the way, there are two more people whose trials have not come up yet. We WILL see this again, twice more at least, when they come to trial. Nobody will look behind the curtain to see the sad old man when the wizard's flame and thunder of misdirection and misinformation has captured their attention.

WDE

That is the unfortunate part. Apparently the is Mosely's entire defense : "Auburn made me do it". Just can't wait till June, huh. Still waiting for Jodi Arias to blame us.

WTF does that mean?

WDE

WTF does that mean?

Mosley lawyer is basically saying bc auburn didn't enforce nor have therapy for players using spice that it led to mosley being part of the 4 in the armed robbery

It is still there and was posted around 6PM CST! Authored by JOHN ZENOR (AP Sports Writer). I do not see anything positive in the article. The link is below and click if you really want to read the article. It has no mention of the facts that Auburn provided regarding the allegations by ESPN/Roberts, but it has details of the allegations made.

Link

The concept of journalism these days is amazing. All these blog journalists have to do is read a couple pieces written by someone else and then re-tell the story with a minimum of direct quotes and a modest effort to avoid plagiarism... and the next thing you know, he/she has a publishable column. That same process is repeated a couple times (like compound interest) and from one or two original articles the media is covered with dozens of "original" investigative pieces by people who haven't talked to anyone associated with their investigation. Basically that's all the Yahoo piece was.....just a rehash of several versions of the Auburn story with a few person opinions carefully molded into the piece to make it sound like the writer had something new to add....whereas it was just another opportunity for the writer meet some publication deadline without doing any creative work.

Link

And again we have story where they don't want facts to get in the way of a good story. I don't get it. Yahoo (and some of the others) are legitimate news sources. How do they let some of these writers get away with writing a story and leaving publicly available facts out of the story? All it does it diminish the writers and the news agencies credibility.

@AUBlog: In the News: Phone records indicate open lines of communication between #Auburn and parents of Mosley, Kitchens. http://t.co/W3Wg6O6fR1

Everything is falling apart. And I liked RT's tweet

@cadilac_34: LOOK US IN OUR FACE..😐 WE AINT GOT NO WORRIES.. 🎶😝

Where all the numbers are it's emojis that didn't copy for some reason

It did but worth another round!

Not read it, but the link to yahoo said the writer of the article was from the ap. it would seem to me that an even bigger story is espn wasting 6 months to write a completely slanderous and erroneous article. Now that's good reading.

Surely taking a chunk out of espn would do more for your name than taking a chunk out of auburn.

The concept of journalism these days is amazing. All these blog journalists have to do is read a couple pieces written by someone else and then re-tell the story with a minimum of direct quotes and a modest effort to avoid plagiarism... and the next thing you know, he/she has a publishable column. That same process is repeated a couple times (like compound interest) and from one or two original articles the media is covered with dozens of "original" investigative pieces by people who haven't talked to anyone associated with their investigation. Basically that's all the Yahoo piece was.....just a rehash of several versions of the Auburn story with a few person opinions carefully molded into the piece to make it sound like the writer had something new to add....whereas it was just another opportunity for the writer meet some publication deadline without doing any creative work.

You nailed it. I was thinking of this yesterday. In the era of Internet journalism one person writes a story and dozens of others restate it. This did not happen much in the old days of print journalism.

ESPN has never recovered from Auburn being cleared by NCAA. Not suprising that they are on a smear campaign. They are so desperate to try and proove 2010 NC had to be steroids, no way AU win NC. I have been finished with ESPN for sometime now.

ESPN convinced America Auburn cheated in 2010 and failed to prove it. They will continue to try and clean the egg on their faces for many years to come.

I SAY TO HELL WITH ESPN !!!

Archived