QB throwing motion

bdc81

Watching the replays from A day. The inefficiencies in the short throwing game are still apparent.

The ball appears to get out slowly. Watching the QB throwing motion the QBs are weight shifting even on short throws. I know little about how QBs are coached in this regard. Remember a Sunday pre game show where John Brodie was demonstrating a quick release. He stressed the importance of standing tall with your weight preloaded to the front foot, similar to a chip/short pitch in golf. JB said it made the release much quicker and the throw more accurate. Wondering if anyone had insight in this regard.

Little doc

On those bubble screens if you dont get it out quick the receiver gets killed even if the other receiver makes his block.

Quick and accurate I get, the question asks whether KF's technique on short intermediate passes is the reason for his accuracy/slow release problems. Is the weight foward technique correct or are the variations of equal levels of success. In golf the techniques for short shots are fairly standard, and without proper technique success suffers greatly. Not knowledgeable about the short passing game.

Totally agree. The problem was the release time of the QB is that it's really 80% talent and 20% coaching. Thus, even though I am sure that this has been stressed with Kiehl again and again by every Auburn coach he's had, it's difficult to make a noticeable difference.

As has been pointed out, release time is so very important in this offense. Because of this, if Trickett does not come to AU, and for some reason Nick Marshall is worse than Frazier and Wallace, I see the starting job going to Wallace. His throwing motion is much uglier than Frazier's, but his release time is so much better.

Totally agree. The problem was the release time of the QB is that it's really 80% talent and 20% coaching. Thus, even though I am sure that this has been stressed with Kiehl again and again by every Auburn coach he's had, it's difficult to make a noticeable difference.

As has been pointed out, release time is so very important in this offense. Because of this, if Trickett does not come to AU, and for some reason Nick Marshall is worse than Frazier and Wallace, I see the starting job going to Wallace. His throwing motion is much uglier than Frazier's, but his release time is so much better.

Or Jeremy Johnson.

I think that it kills KF's chances at running the offense, as his release seems to be pretty slow.

I have this nagging worry that Gus will go with KF anyway. I don't see him improving, but he is a Malzahn recruit. My hope is Marshall gets the nod.

I think that it kills KF's chances at running the offense, as his release seems to be pretty slow.

I have this nagging worry that Gus will go with KF anyway. I don't see him improving, but he is a Malzahn recruit. My hope is Marshall gets the nod.

I can promise you only one thing, CGM will go with who will win us more games. He will have no allegiances.

I can promise you only one thing, CGM will go with who will win us more games. He will have no allegiances.

I completely agree with this statement.

Considering that HIS job is at stake ~ I would think he would go with whoever will win the most games. He knows how to play the game and he has already seen what happened to Chiz when he didn't take it seriously. This is his professional job and he will treat it as such. ;)

Considering that HIS job is at stake ~ I would think he would go with whoever will win the most games. He knows how to play the game and he has already seen what happened to Chiz when he didn't take it seriously. This is his professional job and he will treat it as such. ;)

That's right. This is Gus's first shot at the big time as a head coach. Gus will put in the QB he thinks gives him the best chance to win the most football games.

Coming off a 3-9 season, in his first MAJOR head-coaching gig, Gus will realize that there isn't going to be a lot of leeway in "training" a junior QB that is supposed to know this offense. I am pulling for Kiehl to turn it around, and live up to the hype he had coming out of high school, but if JW, NM or JJ give us a better chance to win, I fully expect Gus to do the right thing.

Personally, I like what I saw out of JW last year. He was put in a horrible situation, and he did pretty well. If he can improve his accuracy, and he starts to mesh with the WR's over the summer, I wouldn't be upset to see him either. Many knock JW on his running, but I remember him scrambling for positive yards last year.

War Eagle to whoever wins the job!!!!

Archived