Jacksonville st game 2 thread

This lefty they are throwing couldn't throw it through a wet paper bag.

How tall is the guy we have on the bump? He is a tallllll drink of water.

Koger is 6'5"

Thanks belle. He is a tall lad.

I am impressed with this Jax St. bunch at the plate. They swing at very few balls out of the zone. With two strikes they shorten up their swing and foul balls off until they get something they like. They are hitting Kroger hard.

Gill in ..another hit...two more runs...third pitcher in 4 innings. Can see why JP reluctant to pull a pitcher that seems to be doing well... AU down 5-0 but lots of time to get back in the game. Going to take some hitting though. Ooops....another hit off Gill and now it's 6-0.

I will say it again....really impressed with how their kids handle the stick. Runner on second and less than two outs, hit it to the right side. Get a guy on third and put it in play.

C-G has a nasty curve.

We are hitless going to the bottom of the fourth. Time to wake up the bats.

Thier kid must have late movement on the ball. He is consistently throwing in the low 80's. That pitch was 73 mph curve.

CJP is trying to find a couple of desperately needed extra starters. Kendall is not quite rehabbed back to 100% and Koger is having a tough year. Ortman is still a work in progress as well. Justin Camp may be AU's best hope to fill that big need.

Koger is a mystery because he was so good last year. I wonder if he grew an inch or two and it threw him off, or if it's a mental thing. I feel bad for him either way.

That's the risk with the mid-week games....coaches trying to develop some under-performing pitchers by giving them a chance in a real game....and sometimes it just doesn't work out. This one was going pretty well and next thing you know we are down 6.

Well it's a final. Jacksonville St. wins 6-1.

Hopefully we can bounce back for our series against Arkansas.

This wasn't an absolute must win, but dropping a home game to the #100 RPI team going into the last weekend isn't going to help AU with a regional bid. Poor decision to use this as a test bed game, but 6 runs isn't a lot to give up, it was hitting that failed big time tonight.

Hey! It's fine!!! We are doing great and things are brighter than ever. This was just a bump in the road. :)

This wasn't an absolute must win, but dropping a home game to the #100 RPI team going into the last weekend isn't going to help AU with a regional bid. Poor decision to use this as a test bed game, but 6 runs isn't a lot to give up, it was hitting that failed big time tonight.

With Arky's RPI being only 42 Auburn needs to sweep them or win 2 of 3 and win 2 in the SEC Tourney IMO.

That is the best hitting team I have seen this year. That may sound crazy, but they are so fundamentally sound. Hit balls behind runners, put balls in play with men on third, get two strikes and shorten up the swing, don't chase balls out of the zone. I hated to see it against us, but that bunch knows how to handle at bats. Very impressive.

Archived