Jacksonville st game 2 thread

Hey! It's fine!!! We are doing great and things are brighter than ever. This was just a bump in the road. :)

Now you're catching on! When we drop one or ten like this, it's "that's baseball". When we win two out of three, it's "We've turned this thing around!" The problem is, it's taken guys like me five years to get the hang of this way of thinking.

For those who are criticizing the optimism that some have, listen; it's been a long season for Auburn Atheletics, and we are merely trying to hold out hope as long as we can that we might just have some success in something this year. We understand this team isn't worldbeaters, but we think they are and we cheer for them like they are just that. I understand your tiredness of some being "too optimistic," but all it is is a hope that this team will have some success, and be the team that the Auburn family really needs to win right now not to crush the morale of the Auburn fan base. Having said all this, lets get on board for this Arkansas series, and get these guys in a regional! All it takes is to get in; then, survive and advance

...it was hitting that failed big time tonight.

And therein lies the danger heading into this weekend...

Team ERA W-L G CG SHO/CBO SV IP H R ER BB SO 2B 3B HR AB B/Avg WP HBP BK SFA SHA

Arkansas 1.87 34-17 51 1 7/7 16 458.1 334 135 95 154 417 34 0 16 1637 .204 33 33 4 13 40

This wasn't an absolute must win, but dropping a home game to the #100 RPI team going into the last weekend isn't going to help AU with a regional bid. Poor decision to use this as a test bed game, but 6 runs isn't a lot to give up, it was hitting that failed big time tonight.

Yeah. Their pitcher was consistently in the low 80's with his off-speed stuff being in the mid 70's. 85 was the highest I saw him throw. We just didn't hit the ball well at all tonight. This weekend is when it really matters. Going to be tough, but we need two of three.

Well it's a final. Jacksonville St. wins 6-1.

Hopefully we can bounce back for our series against Arkansas.

This is why we can't have nice things! (Only somewhat joking here).

• 2 weeks later...

I love being part of the Auburn family, but the Auburn family should want their head coaches to start winning. But what do we get insteed? Jacobs pays them big money no matter what. Just go back and look what JJ did with Tuberville and Chizik ther HUGE buyouts. It's my understanding that Pawlowski and Barbee are making paid big money for their so call "coaching".

This is why I am puzzled on how AU Athletics is in such good financial shape. JJ is obviously an astute businessman but he signs coaches to ridiculous contracts. Few (if any) schools were seriously courting Tubs but signs him to a huge buyout, then pays him even though Tubs "resigned" (which I think we all know that AU violated the contract, but I digress). NOBODY was trying to hire Chizik away but still, a $10,000,000 buyout. Barbee's resume' did not justify a multi-million dollar buyout (let alone the $2,000,000+ per year salary)

With all that, I don't really care who AU has as a coach as long as they are decent, honest, human beings....I just want those decent, honest, human beings to win!!

Archived