UPDATED: Mia - 11yo Daughter of Dixie1860

Dixie1860

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Praying for Mia. Praying our Lord will place a hedge of peace around you all. Please update when possible. He is with you, I pray you feel his presence. God's blessings to you all.

First let me say Thank You to everyone for your prayers. It is an awesome thing to know this many folks are praying for you. She has 11 gallstones and infected gallbladder. They are giving her IV antibiotics in an effort to get things stable enough to remove the gallbladder. It is apparently risky to do while it is so swollen. You can tell I'm no doctor, we are in good hands and I could not be happier about all the staff here at Scottish Rite. They have been awesome! Keep the prayer going, we need her fever to come down as well. If things continue to stabilize we hope to do the surgery on Tuesday morning. Thanks Friends and War Eagle!! Mods please merge these two threads if you can. TIA!

That is good news that you know exactly what is wrong and it sounds like the Doctors have things under control too. I am sure the operation will go just fine too. Sending more prayers for Mia.

You're in great hands, I've taken many a patient there in my olden days. My fondest wishes for her improving health. Tell her War Eagle from all of us!

She is very excited to have her own thread now, she is telling every doctor and nurse she sees! The infection is still there but it is some better. We are just hoping that they can do the non-invasive surgery versus the old fashioned 6" incision. Thanks everyone. this has been quite the weekend! WDE!

She is very excited to have her own thread now, she is telling every doctor and nurse she sees! The infection is still there but it is some better. We are just hoping that they can do the non-invasive surgery versus the old fashioned 6" incision. Thanks everyone. this has been quite the weekend! WDE!

Hang in there and may God Bless! Thanks for the update!

Good job being the leader of your family brother!! Glad she has her own thread to. She'll be watching AU vs. Wazzou with twice as big of a smile this year ;)

Glad to hear some good news...hope she's still hanging in there! :thumbsup:

I showed Mia all the messages today while she was awake and she smiled bigger than I've seen in days!! Surgery tomorrow as long as things stay the same. THANK YOU ALL AND GOD BLESS!! I will update again tomorrow.

Archived