UPDATED: Mia - 11yo Daughter of Dixie1860

Dixie1860

Just saw this thread, I hope she is feeling better and I'm praying for her.

Dixie keep us posted. God be with you.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dixie, Here hoping surgery goes great! We will be thinking of your family!

Just saw this thread. Prayers for you guys and I hope the surgery went well. Scottish Rite is a very, very special place.

wde

She has been in surgery for 3 1/2 hours. Mom is a wreck but we are told things are going well. God Bless all of you!!

Okay, we are back in the room now. The Surgeon said that it was more inflamed and there were many more stones than the Sona-gram showed. So the recovery may be bumpy but she should be fine in a few days. Scottish-Rite has been incredible and we have received so many prayers and well wishes that it has me choked up as I type this. That's my baby. Thank you everyone. I don't know what to say. God Bless!!! I will update again in a day or so unless the need to do so sooner presents it's self. But we have faith that won't be necessary. WDE!

Great news Dixie. Faith goes a long way sometimes. Very happy for you, I know it was tough on you and Mia also, take care my firend WDE!!!!

Whew!!! This kind of thing can be very dangerous. Glad to hear things are turning around.

Good to hear that the surgery went well. The recovery is always the tough part. I know how hard it is to sit there and see your baby going through this. We will continue keeping Mia, Mom and Dad in our Prayers.

Great to hear the surgery is over and that everything went well. Kids are resilliant and she will be up and running around before you know it. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. God be with you.

Hope the recovery is speedy and that everything is back to normal soon! Give the little lady the best wishes from the Auburn Anderson Family in Tennessee!

I'm glad things are looking better Dixie and I will continue to pray for your daughter's healing.

Hope the recovery is speedy and that everything is back to normal soon! Give the little lady the best wishes from the Auburn Anderson Family in Tennessee!

Glad I'm not the only AU fan on here from Tennessee!

Okay, we are back in the room now. The Surgeon said that it was more inflamed and there were many more stones than the Sona-gram showed. So the recovery may be bumpy but she should be fine in a few days. Scottish-Rite has been incredible and we have received so many prayers and well wishes that it has me choked up as I type this. That's my baby. Thank you everyone. I don't know what to say. God Bless!!! I will update again in a day or so unless the need to do so sooner presents it's self. But we have faith that won't be necessary. WDE!

Good news

Pray that more is forthcoming

Just seeing this thread after being out of town all weekend. Awful. But glad to see things are looking up. Continued thoughts and prayers.

War Eagle Mia!

Just got a call from my wife and she has started running a slight fever. The Surgeon told us last night that this was a possibility and not to be alarmed if so. If it gets much higher or doesn't break then we will have to come up with a Plan B so to speak. I say that because I'm sure the Dr.'s know what the next step would be but thats why they get the big $$. I had to come to the office this morning as we have a business to run but it is VERY tough to concentrate.

God Bless all of you! This is the first and I pray last hospital stay we have been through since she was real young and we dealt with Kawasaki's. My wife and I were blessed with her when she was about 8 months old. While we know who the biological mother is we have absolutely no info on the "donor" as I call him. Which makes a Medical History very tough.

I have three beautiful, wonderful daughters (21,18 and 12) and I know it is very hard on you at this time seeing your baby girl going through this. As others have posted, God is in control and also know that Miss Mia is probably tougher that you are at this moment! :)

Good news everybody! My wife is in the process of getting Mia discharged and back to the house! She even ate something last night and my wife said the only thing she is talking about is food. Don't know if I mentioned it but my wife told her that she had her own thread on AUF and her eyes lit up. She knows how serious I am about Auburn Football so I think it's a BIG deal to her. My wife's side of the family are leg-humper's. Mia wanted to be like her older cousins and was led to do things like bark in public. The more I fought the worse it got. So I quit fighting with her about it and simply went about life business as usual.

My wife told me the other day that Mia has been getting rid of all the THuga gear she has gotten from relatives. I just hope she doesn't attempt to hold me to all the deals I made with her in vain attempts to sway her loyalty!

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes! God Bless all of you!

Archived