2014 4* OG Jordan Sims (Ole Miss signee)

AubTigers

I answered your question on TD, E. At least I'm pretty sure you were asking about Sims but put in Casher's name. Neither -- apparently -- went to bama's camp.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Alabama Lead Writer-Bleacher Report jumped on board @ 9:57 pm and the FSU Insider Reporter- 247 @ 11:00 pm. That makes it 10 crystal ball predictions for Auburn on 6/15/13 for Sims.

• 4 weeks later...

I get the feeling we do not take an OL this class

Casher. But I expect an OG and an OT.

I get the feeling we do not take an OL this class

We have in Casher and the coaches want 1 more in an OG plus they may see Blair's upside as too great to pass up at OG.

• 4 weeks later...

We could sure use this young man. Auburn's future is going to be a bright one.

I agree on both points, he wants to be a gump SO bad! It makes me wonder what he would do if he ends up at AU? Use the spurn as motivation? Or does he let it get to his head?

We could sure use this young man. Auburn's future is going to be a bright one.

I agree on both points, he wants to be a gump SO bad! It makes me wonder what he would do if he ends up at AU? Use the spurn as motivation? Or does he let it get to his head?

Casher & Sims need to go ahead and commit to our TIgers, as the updykes just got a commitment from some OL in Iowa- Saban is neglecting the in-state talent to go after bigger names and the Gus Bus will drive this to championships!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our odds with Mr. Simms got substantially better with bammer getting the Iowa kid. I think they may have one more slot for a OL though.

Our odds with Mr. Simms got substantially better with bammer getting the Iowa kid. I think they may have one more slot for a OL though.

They have 2 slots left. 1 is reserved for Cam Robinson. I would not say our odds are better for Sims yet. Bama could easily push him out of state.

• 3 weeks later...

I was just noticing that as of a couple of weeks ago, three more writers (all unaffiliated with either AU or UAT) predicted Sims to Auburn. Has there been any recent news or trend w/ him?

Our staff likes our chances. As for the picks it probably logical speculation based on Bama is virtually done on the OL other than Cam Robinson and thus Sims will not be a take for Bama.

I figured saban pushed the kids he doesn't want, out of state.

If he wants a kid but doesn't have room he pushes him out of state. But if he thinks they are over-rated and doesn't want them, he probably pushes them to Auburn.

If he wants a kid but doesn't have room he pushes him out of state. But if he thinks they are over-rated and doesn't want them, he probably pushes them to Auburn.

But no matter how hard he pushes I doubt it has affected a player's choice that did not choose Auburn or Bama.

How does Saban push a kid to an out of state school? If the recruit doesn't have an offer from Bama than does Saban sit down with the recruit and tell him all the great things about LSU, Arkansas, etc.. as long as it isn't Auburn??

How does Saban push a kid to an out of state school? If the recruit doesn't have an offer from Bama than does Saban sit down with the recruit and tell him all the great things about LSU, Arkansas, etc.. as long as it isn't Auburn??

Saban is more subtle. He gives them a road map with arrows pointing to different highlighted schools. The pushed to another school is a jilted response as to why someone didn't choose Auburn and could be an arrogant inflation of bama's power. Everyone doesn't want to go to Auburn and everyone doesn't want to go to Alabama.

Archived