Mean while back at the ranch...

StatTiger

* From 1992-2012, Auburn has compiled a record of 122-8-1, when the offense scores on at least 33% of their possessions.

* From 1992-2008, the Auburn offense reached the 33% mark in scoring percentage in 49.7% of their games.

* Under Gus Malzahn, the Auburn offense reached the 33% mark 60% of the time, with a record of 23-1, when they accomplished the goal.

*IMO, the most impressive record established by the 2010 Auburn offense was the number of times the Tigers scored on at least 70% of their offensive possessions during a game. From 1992-2008 (205 games), the Auburn offense reached the amazing mark of 70% on 5 occasions. The 2010 Auburn offense did it 7 times during 14 games of the 2010 season. :bow:

* Auburn's scoring percentage in conference play during the 2012 season was 14.1%. In fact, the offense had 14 scoring drives in 8 conference games and 20 drives ending in turnovers. :-\

From 1992-2008 (205 games), the Auburn offense reached the amazing mark of 70% on 5 occasions.

Making it easier for those who use blue background to read.

I had to read that last sentence a couple of times before it really sank in....14 scoring drives in 8 conference games!!!! While my math skills surely aren't as fine-tuned as Stat's, that's less than 2 scoring (not TDs, but scoring) drives per game. Really accentuates the 0-8 SEC record :(

I had to read that last sentence a couple of times before it really sank in....14 scoring drives in 8 conference games!!!! While my math skills surely aren't as fine-tuned as Stat's, that's less than 2 scoring (not TDs, but scoring) drives per game. Really accentuates the 0-8 SEC record :(

Yep...a far cry from the 55 scoring drives in 9 conference games during 2010.

*IMO, the most impressive record established by the 2010 Auburn offense was the number of times the Tigers scored on at least 70% of their offensive possessions during a game. From 1992-2008 (205 games), the Auburn offense reached the amazing mark of 70% on 5 occasions. The 2010 Auburn offense did it 7 times during 14 games of the 2010 season. :bow:

In the process the 2010 Auburn offense scored over 500 points for the first time in our history, setting a new scoring record of 577 points in 14 games (41.2 pts/gm). This broke the old scoring record of 438 points in 12 games (36.5 pts/gm) held by the 1993 Auburn offense.

Understanding yards does not necessarily equal points, nevertheless we had a RB rush for 1000 yards that season. Not sure how many yards Paul Horning had in his Heisman year on a terrible Notre Dame team, but that Auburn scoring drive/1000 yd RB combo must be one for the history books.

Stat, I'm really conflicted about this, but is it true that the 2011 wasn't truly gus' offense and that Chizik meddled with it?

Stat, I'm really conflicted about this, but is it true that the 2011 wasn't truly gus' offense and that Chizik meddled with it?

Hmmmm I bet stat has probably done this before somewhere, but I bet a good thing to look at there would be the average number of plays per game that his offenses ran each year. That or the average time between plays would be even better. Then you could see if Chiz really slowed him down like people say. Of course, there are always other factors there, like maybe he just wanted to run things slower against the SEC so that he could see what they were doing and make changes at the line.

That also wouldn't tell you if Chizik meddled in other ways, like the run/pass ration and such, but its a start.

Archived