Jay Tate shows in Different View what we have been missing

WDG

I like that about Gus. Very organized and detail oriented. Traits of a successful coach! Its almost like he is the offensive equivalent to Saban but without the butthole personality.

Very good read. Hope it all translates to the kids and we see discipline and organization on the field. I really just want to see HEART again.

Very good read. Hope it all translates to the kids and we see discipline and organization on the field. I really just want to see HEART again.

Not a video, but you can listen to/purchase their greatest hits here:

http://www.amazon.com/Greatest-Hits-1985-1995/dp/B000SX896Q/ref=sr_shvl_album_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371047178&sr=301-1

:moon:

Was a busy weekend for CGM and his crew. Two days of "team camps" concurrent w/ an OL/DL camp on June 6-7 and then this Sr Camp on June 8. Coach told the campers on June 6 that he had just "landed" at 3 a.m. but he was there for the camp before 8 a.m. I like the drive, the organzation, and the determination. It bodes well...

Not a video, but you can listen to/purchase their greatest hits here:

http://www.amazon.com/Greatest-Hits-1985-1995/dp/B000SX896Q/ref=sr_shvl_album_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371047178&sr=301-1

:moon:/>

Sweet! Now I can crank some tunes while admiring my Creed poster.

I have loved Jay Tate when he was at Montgomery Ad. I always appreciated his coverage of the off season (i.e. practices, one on ones) and his impressions when meeting recruits. He is probably getting less impartial (now at AU rivals site), but he was not a sunshine pumper when he was covering Au for MA. His stuff was always insightful.

Was a busy weekend for CGM and his crew. Two days of "team camps" concurrent w/ an OL/DL camp on June 6-7 and then this Sr Camp on June 8. Coach told the campers on June 6 that he had just "landed" at 3 a.m. but he was there for the camp before 8 a.m. I like the drive, the organzation, and the determination. It bodes well...

I love seein it. I just hope he doesn't burn himself out.

I love seein it. I just hope he doesn't burn himself out.

CGM must have an over-active thyroid or something to burn the candle at both ends like he does...then again it could be a caffeine addiction. :dunno:

With his dedication and attention to detail and his flat out coaching ability, I think we have really landed a home run in this one. Time will tell the ultimate story. I'm also a tad more optimistic than some about the upcoming season because of this. If these past few recruiting classes are as talented as we all thought they were when they were signed, then they could really make some waves with the proper coaching. It's going to be a fun ride that much is certain.

With his dedication and attention to detail and his flat out coaching ability, I think we have really landed a home run in this one. Time will tell the ultimate story. I'm also a tad more optimistic than some about the upcoming season because of this. If these past few recruiting classes are as talented as we all thought they were when they were signed, then they could really make some waves with the proper coaching. It's going to be a fun ride that much is certain.

I agree cool. This could be a year we surprise when players start playing like we expected them to from HS. This much talent on a team (even still younger talent) has the makings of a team that may not win championships, but can wreck some.

Archived