Golloway thoughts from the OU side

No proven coach will come without speculation and accusations. When you're a successful coach, you're always going to be under the microscope. Oklahoma was never found guilty of anything, and from all accounts, he ran a clean program. I have no problem with his demanding, intimidating personality. Our players have needed that since Baird retired. Not everything is fine and dandy within our Athletics Department, but lets give credit where it's due. This is a solid hire that if we allow Coach Golloway to run his program the way he wants it, will pay huge dividends.

This looks like someone dredging up old news....OU never did anything about this so why is this a deal for AU?. I guarantee he was well vetted and this is a good hire for AU. Sure hate to see AU people posting crap like this on our boards.

the link to the posing is just out there, did JJ note it? Here are couple of links expressing concerns about his actions in OK: http://www.soonerfan...-must-go-thread can't vouch for their truthfulness try this one: http://www.crimsonan...ew-this-morning

Whether Jacobs did note it, it really does not matter because I doubt JJ would care about something that happened 7 years ago. That and these other 2 links you posted 58 makes me think you either want Coach G gone already or you are extremely paraniod to go looking for that stuff.

the link to the posing is just out there, did JJ note it? Here are couple of links expressing concerns about his actions in OK: http://www.soonerfan...-must-go-thread can't vouch for their truthfulness try this one: http://www.crimsonan...ew-this-morning

Whether Jacobs did note it, it really does not matter because I doubt JJ would care about something that happened 7 years ago. That and these other 2 links you posted 58 makes me think you either want Coach G gone already or you are extremely paraniod to go looking for that stuff.

I recognize you as an important contributor to this forum and I usually respect what you do. This is a forum. I doubt you have credentials to diagnose psychological conditions. I do. Why don't you just let the information be out there? Why are you suspicious of anything not of your liking? Let the participants choose. Why attack the messenger? Some said the info was not out there. It is out there. That's my only point. Information should be considered. Peace and War Dam Eagle!

I didn't listen to the podcast and the other link doesn't work for me, but if you read through the comments you can see that OU fans have a less than remedial understanding of baseball. It's obvious that he is a tough minded coach. That will work for the kids if there is buy in based on credibility (which his resume' dictates he will have). It will work for the fans if there is success, duh. My favorite comment, which is telling, "Is the SEC a better [baseball] conference? After LSU and Vandy, do they have any other elite programs?" Good Lord, how do you give credence to anything coming out of Norman about anything baseball related? This guy is a winner, and I doubt we will have to wait long for him to give this team a fighter's identity.

Just my life's experience I guess but I've observed that when someone goes about gossiping unfavorable news about another person they usually have a personal reason.....and it's not just because it's information that is "out there" and people have a right to know. It would be pretty difficult to convince me that having this news posted on an AU board was for the purpose of advancing Auburn University or coach Golloway. Not buying the explanation....sorry.

I recognize you as an important contributor to this forum and I usually respect what you do. This is a forum. I doubt you have credentials to diagnose psychological conditions. I do. Why don't you just let the information be out there? Why are you suspicious of anything not of your liking? Let the participants choose. Why attack the messenger? Some said the info was not out there. It is out there. That's my only point. Information should be considered. Peace and War Dam Eagle!

No I don't have your credentials. I only have a minor in psychology but I am a very astute psychological person and use it in analyze recruiting and in poker which I am darn good at for an amateur. The info can be there. That is not the issue at question. The issue was you worried about the NCAA on something that happened 7 years ago. Don't you think the NCAA would have already done something if there was an issue given how public one of the pics of Coach G's daughter is?. I have no opinion on the info as liked or not liked. The issue was you pushing your concern on the NCAA and looking for more negative stuff on Coach G. Yes you have every right to post what you want and your opinion but the manner you did it comes off as tacky and almost trying to disrespect Coach G. Whether that was your intention or not, that is how it comes across. If you had simple posted info saying something like here is some stuff not very flattering of Coach G I still would have thought it was tacky to do that the day of and day after the hire as you did. I would not have thought there was a motive behind it though like I did with the way you made your posts. The way your posts came across with your worry and further digging did not come off as merely being a messenger. It came across as having at least a bit of an agenda. If anyone on this board said the info was not out there then I missed those posts because I did not see them.

If you don't like the hire for whatever reason, just say so. But bringing up silly things that happened a long time ago actually really does make you look extremely paranoid. Everyone is entitled to an opinion about our new coach, but if you say stupid things to back your argument, we're going to call you out on it.

Seems like OU pitcher, and 63rd pick in the draft, Dillon Overton wont miss him...ouch.

"@OvertonDillon: @coach_G29 thanks for being two faced the entire time I knew you. Lied to our whole team and never had any of our backs. The program made me"

"@OvertonDillon: @coach_G29 better...which is something you couldn't do. I hope all the talking behind my back to my teammates comes back to you in some way"

"@OvertonDillon: @coach_G29 ...You really disappointed me and all my teammates. Good luck at Auburn"

Seems like OU pitcher, and 63rd pick in the draft, Dillon Overton wont miss him...ouch.

"@OvertonDillon: @coach_G29 thanks for being two faced the entire time I knew you. Lied to our whole team and never had any of our backs. The program made me"

"@OvertonDillon: @coach_G29 better...which is something you couldn't do. I hope all the talking behind my back to my teammates comes back to you in some way"

"@OvertonDillon: @coach_G29 ...You really disappointed me and all my teammates. Good luck at Auburn"

Sour grapes. And he's probably the kid whose parents have paid for everything he owns and given him a nice sports car.

Nobody here said any such thing. The ONE person that referenced your post said it didn't come up for them. Never did anyone say it wasn't out there. Besides, WHO CARES?? Sounds like you are seriously reaching to have something to argue about. There's always one in the crowd. congrats.

This is a VERY SOLID hire and I can't wait to see how he builds the program. It's going to be fun to watch.

Sour grapes. And he's probably the kid whose parents have paid for everything he owns and given him a nice sports car.

You can tell that from 3 tweets? Wow.

Baseball parents are probably the most meddling of any....starts when the kids are about 10 or 11 and parents are ragging the coaches because their little Johnny isn't getting to play as much as he should....and "it's obvious that he is better than most of the kids who are starting". I was an asst. coach in kid's leagues for several years (would never be the head coach) because I would have lost it with some of the rude and pushy parents. The parental interference likely does not stop just because "little Johnny" is in college. Griping players and meddling parents......I don't put much stock in either one.

He does sound like a Jr. high jilted girl.

You can tell that from 3 tweets? Wow.

I don't have to read any tweets to tell you that pitchers are flakes. Left handed prima donna pitchers are worse. Dude was just drafted in the second round and he's tweeting about his former college coach. #growupboy

Meh. I still don't see how either of those would be of concern to the NCAA.

They are not of any concern to the NCAA. Why even mention this old stuff?

Meh. I still don't see how either of those would be of concern to the NCAA.

They are not of any concern to the NCAA. Why even mention this old stuff?

Thank you! That was my whole point to begin with.

My biggest concern is how weak his mustache is.

Seriously, how can he show up on campus with that when the aura of Vangorder's stache still permeates the county?

Seriously, how can he show up on campus with that when the aura of Vangorder's stache still permeates the county?

I thought it was just the lighting. I will have to go back and look again.

Gotta admit you are right on this point. JMO but he needs to either "grow it" or "shave it".

I could care less what happened seven years ago and it wasn't even anything to do with him. Also, I have no problem with someone being strict on their players. Most winning coaches who put discipline first are some of the best around. I for one though was kind of shocked by this hire. I thought we were going to get another up and coming coach like we always do but JJ actually went a different route and pulled in a known winner. I would say this is a great hire. I think the only way we could have done better is by getting Ray Tanner or someone on the lines of that level. I still have my issues with JJ but as far as this hire goes he did a great job.

Archived