Aliens have abducted Finebaum!

quietfan

http://www.al.com/sports/mobileregister/pf...60038694121.xml

Enjoy the masterpiece that is AU

Walking out after one of the most beautifully played football games I've ever seen from an Auburn perspective, I thought my head was going to fall off.

Instead of fans and friends marveling at a magnificent win, the questions about whether Auburn would move up or stay behind Oklahoma came like shots from a howitzer, spitting out rounds in rapid speed. I got so sick of it by the time I reached the car, the satisfaction of an extraordinary 24-6 pounding of Georgia had almost evaporated in the nippy November night.

Can we all just enjoy for a moment this Picasso, this Rembrandt, better known as the Auburn football program? I don't know what will happen next week or the week after or when this idiotic contraption known as the BCS spits out its convoluted final formula. I know how it reads today and it's criminal.

I know that Tommy Tuberville and his coaching staff have done one of the best jobs of any group I've ever seen. I know he'll get my vote for the Paul Bryant National Coach of the Year and Jason Campbell will get my Heisman Trophy vote. Al Borges deserves the Frank Broyles Award (given to the nation's top assistant) by acclamation. As for the BCS claptrap, I'm going to beat the rush and declare Auburn the national champion in my personal poll. It means nothing, but it makes about as much sense as the rest of this nonsense.

I realize this is the system employed. However, in the end, it cheapens the product on the field. I heard some writers on the sidelines at the end of the game Saturday mumbling that Auburn might be blowing its chances of moving up by allowing Georgia to score that futile touchdown with 2:23 remaining in the game. Please.

This Georgia bunch has been to the SEC Championship Game two straight years, began the season ranked No. 1 in The Sporting News preseason poll, and they hung 45 on LSU ( the defending national champ). Is there really a difference in beating the No. 5 team in America by 24 or 18 points? If there is, what in the world is college football coming to?

I understand the arguments against Auburn, namely surrounding the non-conference schedule. But Auburn has beaten three top-10 teams on the only day it mattered -- when the games were played. Most importantly, the Tigers performed under the brightest light ever shone on Jordan-Hare Stadium against Georgia with all of the pressure on them. Shouldn't that count for something?

Borges toyed with the Georgia defense, leaving Vince Dooley, the legendary Bulldogs coach and athletics director, to mutter in the press box: "I've never seen an Auburn offense more versatile ... There is just no way to stop them."

This is a great and classy football team that has reeled off 12 wins in a row and brought a fractured Auburn family together. School officials rewarded Tuberville last year for five years of rebuilding and moderate success by attempting to fire him. They may give him a raise and a contract extension when this season concludes. However, they can never fully repay him for the attention and respect this program has received during this unforgettable football season.

Clearly, this is not the old Finebaum but some alien pod clone of him. :big:

And if the aliens have taken over, they may have also put a new quarterback in Tuscaloosa, or put Bear's brain (though hopefully not his liver) in Mike Shula's body, so we better be careful!

...Clearly, this is not the old Finebaum but some alien pod clone of him.  :big: ...

At least one has a pair of orange and blue glasses or at least likes that AU kool-aid!!!!! :big:

No need to fear. If we do not beat uat by at least 7-8 tds, finescum will be bashing AU like there is no tomorrow! ! !

WAR EAGLE...O N E at a time. :au:

I dont care what y'all say but we need finebaum more than ever right now. Auburn needs writers, radio show hosts...and everyone else who is involved in the media to get the poll voters swayed. Thx finebaum, I as an auburn fan really appreciate the good article(s).

Archived