Auburn doing work on the 2015 class.

ellitor

Eight 5* 2015 recruits has visited Auburn, 7 of which the past few weeks. All on D.

#1 DT Daron Payne

#2 DT Trenton Thompson

#1 OLB Jeffery Holland

#2 ATH Terry Godwin Being recruited as an Athlete but expects to play CB in college

#4 SDE Mekhi Brown (Bama commit)

#1 S Kerryon Johnson

#1 CB Kevin Toliver II (LSU commit)

#3 OLB Natrez Patrick

And Tyler Queen.

Not a 5*. I only included 5*s in my OP. there have also been many 4*s who have already visited. Too many to name honestly.

Very early, but anyone else think that early 5* commits for the 15' class would help with the 14'?

Not really

Very early, but anyone else think that early 5* commits for the 15' class would help with the 14'?

yes

Maybe these comments should be in the recruiting momentum thread, if so, E, then move or merge. What we see now with the 2015 activity is what we did not have last year, simply because this staff got positioned late, and they had to concentrate on salvaging the remains of the 2013 class, plus add a few late-comers. And they did a fabulous job!! Then come spring practice this year, and the staff had to do something really weird. They had to COACH these talented guys we already have and get them ready for the fall, This was especially true with Coach Garner. So, we are playing catch-up right now, which is why you see so many players we are after listing uga, uat, lsu, Clemson, and uf as their leader. This Summer is going to call for a lot of patience, and for the first time in my recruiting life, I DO think performance on the field will have a lot to do with the success of this class,Our competition, with the exception of uat, are all going to kill each other early on (uga vs, Clemson for example), so our opportunities to flip folks will come early on. But we have to take care of our own business first. Listen, lsu can only take so many receivers, uat had only 19 or 11 slots left, uga will be filling their needs fast, etc,. Hang on, this is going to get interesting!!

yes

Ditto!

Pops nailed it. It is going to require patience beyond what we are accustomed to. Payne and Holland are my two favorites right now on D. And IMO Queen has a chance to move up, maybe not all the way to a 5* but I do think he will get bumps as his HS team should be very good again this year and that always helps.

All you yes please explain how commits from 2015 help 2014 cuz I just don't flat out see it.

I'm not a "yes" guy but if a kid with charisma at a position like QB or MLB could help recruit I would guess but that would be about it though.

It just shows a trend of continued confidence in the new staff and AU in general. Many recruits are waiting to see what happens. Any positive action will help others perception.

It just shows a trend of continued confidence in the new staff and AU in general. Many recruits are waiting to see what happens. Any positive action will help others perception.

^^THIS^^

Kids want to play for championships, especially ones who go to SEC schools. Just like the stronger the program, the easier it is to recruit to. If this class see's that the next class is going to be strong, that show's that the program will be stronger.

I don't think the 2015 class would help the 2014 class much. The reality is we are behind on many 2014 kids. With the 2014 recruits much deeper in their decision process the staff knows the biggest way to catch 2014 kids' attention is the product on the field this Fall. While the staff is recruiting 2014 kids they are taking this opportunity to get a jump on other teams for the 2015 class by developing those relationships early while most schools are focused on finishing the 2014 class.

There's no argument that we are behind with the 14 class. Again, my point was, if we snag early commitment from 2-3 5*&4* players for 15', it won't go unnoticed with the 14' class. Should make them keep an eye on the Tigers during the season to see how things shape up.

Just my opinion, no problem if you don't agree.

There's no argument that we are behind with the 14 class. Again, my point was, if we snag early commitment from 2-3 5*&4* players for 15', it won't go unnoticed with the 14' class. Should make them keep an eye on the Tigers during the season to see how things shape up.

No commitment goes unnoticed by recruits. '14 recruits that even have a passing interest in Auburn will keep an eye on the field anyway regardless if "15 recruits commit or not.

'14 and '15 kids are pretty focused on the most recent performance, ie. the last couple years. Let's face it, we need to start putting some double digit win seasons together. Right now, I actually think Gus and Staff are doing pretty well if they can keep some of these top '14 recruits to take a wait see approach instead of committing to one of the other teams listed. Considering the comparisons the recruits are looking at, it is an accomplishment. At the moment all of this is based on a hope but after the 4th game we will have some real results in some meaningful SEC games.

Last 2 years:

UA....13-1, 12-1

FL.....11-2, 07-6

GA....12-2, 10-4

LSU..10-3, 13-1

SC....11-2, 11-2

AU....03-9, 08-5

so how many will we take in 2014? 2015?

Word is we take close to 26 in 2014. I am hoping we sign around 23 because we will need room IIMO within the 25 rule to sign about 30 since we will have 25 graduating seniors then.

I can easily see that happening especially if we also played well this Fall. Some of these kids are very saavy in the process and other's just go where their heart leads them. Fact is we don't know everything that each of these kids consider. I'm sure they are all alike yet also quite different each in their own way.

I think Ellitor is exactly right...2015 commitments...it's a long time til signing day for rising juniors. The continued success of Auburn's recruiting will be based on Malzahn's offense showing the success people expect, and Johnson's defense showing results we haven't seen from an Auburn defense in a few years. Relationships are key, but at some point words are just sweet talk without on field success.

Archived