Rating the RB's of RBU

Newbomb

Lets just remember... Auburn is considered "Running Back U".

Tailbacks are RB's...

Fullbacks are also considered RB's...

Lets not short-change any of AU's GREAT fullbacks (both collegiate and professional) just because they didn't get a bulk of the carries.

Tommy Agee, Fred Beasley, and Heath Evans were all great RunningBacks.

Have not seen James Bostic on these list thus far. Another stellar RB and one nice fellow. Have partied with him a few times! :)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's an attempt to summarize this thread (as of Post #77).

I ignored the mentions of names within quoted portions to avoid unrealistic duplications. The counts in parentheses are only approximate. I tried to find accurate spellings but may have missed some.

Put this down as a "for what it's worth" exercise.

===========================================

Tommy Agee (3)

William Andrews (7)

Fred Beasley (3)

James Bostic (6)

James Brooks (19)

Ronnie Brown (12)

Collis Campbell

Wallace Clark

Joe Cribbs (20)

Stacy Danley (4)

Stephen Davis (13)

Michael Dyer (5)

Alan Evans

Heath Evans (6)

Tucker Frederickson (9)

Brent Fullwood (22)

Terry Henley

Jimmy Hitchcock

Kenny Irons (12)

Bo Jackson (24)

Mitzi Jackson

Brandon Jacobs (3)

Lionel James (8)

Rudi Johnson (9)

James Joseph (2)

Curt Kuykendall HB (1944-1945)

Brad Lester

Tre Mason (4)

Onterio McCalebb (2)

Sedrick McIntyre

Harold Morrow

Cam Newton (4)

Tony Richardson (4)

Jimmy Sidle

Ben Tate (11)

Reggie Ware

Carnell "Cadillac" Williams (16)

Lectron Williams

Mickey Zofko

===========================================

I saw Bo play throughout his entire college career. In my humble opinion, there has never, ever, been a running back close to Bo Jackson in all of college football. If Bo had not suffered his massive injury, he would have gone down as the best athlete of the 20th century. I honestly believe this 110%. Auburn has to be in the top 5 of all colleges with the most top rated RBs. We can proudly place Tre Mason right there with the best. With the style of offense we run, we will have the best of the best RBs beating down the doors of JHS to have the chance to play in Gus' offense. I was reading a blog about the best way to defend Gus' version of the Deleware Wing-T, is to have all of your defensive linemen standing up with 8 in the box. You will never see this in that most DCs would not consider this.

If Bo had not suffered his massive injury, he would have gone down as the best athlete of the 20th century. I honestly believe this 110%.

According to ESPN and the contest they had, Bo won greatest athlete of all time anyway, despite the injury.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2013/03/bo_jackson_named_greatest_athl.html

Archived