Holy crap...butt hurt Oregon fan

doug3020

Just met an Oregon fan in Maui. Would've been pleasant but he proceeded to tell me how they were screwed in the NC game. This led to laughter on my end and me telling him I wasn't that concerned due to our DT's and I never thought they'd be able to block them ( also led to a diatribe on why the SEC is so dominant. Would love for stattiger to perform an analysis on th DT's in the SEC compared w other conferences). I concluded our conversation by reminding him that Oregon was on probation as of now. He said I was rude. I laughed and said we were national champions and to live with it. What would you have done? WDE!

Since he went Christy CryBaby on you, I would have thanked him for his team playing up as much as mine played down so that we all were able to take in an entertaining game. If the match were to be repeated 10 times, Mr. Newton runs for 150 in 9 of them blowing open the doors for opportunities all over the field and Auburn taking off with a 40 point win. Here is to that one game he didn't, WDE. He's right, Oregon got screwed. That game could and should have gone an entirely different route and the Oregon Nation got a shot of false hope and phantom self worth because of it.

"I'm sorry but you've just proven yourself yo be too ignorant to gave a conversation with. Good day ".

Then just walk away

I think I would have just given him a "That was a fun game. War Eagle!". He sounds like an oregon gump. Gumps, of any nature, can't be dealt with on a rational basis.

Oregon should be lucky they didn't get God Mode Cam

God Mode Cam. That would've been a beat down. The game I see as GMC = SEC Championship or the LSU game.

I would have blown my duck call in his face...then given him a swift kick to the ole sackarooney! Then I would have said Aloha!

Just met an Oregon fan in Maui. Would've been pleasant but he proceeded to tell me how they were screwed in the NC game. This led to laughter on my end and me telling him I wasn't that concerned due to our DT's and I never thought they'd be able to block them ( also led to a diatribe on why the SEC is so dominant. Would love for stattiger to perform an analysis on th DT's in the SEC compared w other conferences). I concluded our conversation by reminding him that Oregon was on probation as of now. He said I was rude. I laughed and said we were national champions and to live with it. What would you have done? WDE!

AU and UO both got screwed in that game. Probably the worse field conditions for a bowl game in many years. The person that picked that slick winter rye grass for the BCS field should have been fired, but it was not entirely his fault, see below. Among many examples of missed plays due to field conditions Eric Smith sipped in the end zone and missed a sure touchdown pass from Cam. And yes the rye grass turf was grown in Oregon.......

Eric+Smith+Tostitos+BCS+National+Championship+LQ3m5dTNBAkl.jpg

http://golfclubatlas...p?topic=47231.0

There was some controversy with the condition of the field as players from both sides were slipping on a regular basis. There is nothing worse than being an athlete and not being able to trust your footing. Both teams were equally affected so it didn’t alter the outcome of the game. I spoke to the sod producer and field supervisor after the game about

the condition of the field. The almighty dollar and the addition of seats were two of the reasons the field didn’t live up to expectations. The facilities in Glendale for the game are very impressive. The entire facility was built for $455 million dollars. The field is unique in that it is built on a tray that measures 234 feet wide by 400 feet long and weighs in at

almost 19 million pounds. In most cases, the field is maintained outside on this tray 95% of the time and is then rolled into the stadium on game day. It takes about an hour to move the field from outside to inside. This particular field never saw the light of day as was planned. There were numerous problems bringing the field in on the day of the BCS

Championship which led to the problem of the field being so slippery.

The turf itself was bermudagrass that was over-seeded with perennial ryegrass grown right here in Oregon.

Ryegrass also tends to be a slippery grass all on its own. Trying to tee up a golf ball while leaning on your driver on a fertilized ryegrass tee will often lead to your club

slipping out from beneath you. The field was fertilized heavily to push the ryegrass and was juiced up by game time

adding more moisture to the problem.

I think the biggest problem with this field was the fact it was resodded right after the Fiesta Bowl on January 1st and was never placed back outside. Bleachers were added for these bowl games that did not allow for the field to be put outdoors at anytime and the roof was also never opened. Between the humidity caused by the roof being closed and the

lack of air movement the field was destined to be slick. It is easy to be a Monday morning quarterback but opening the roof and bringing in fans for some air movement would have definitely improved the turf. Leaving the turf outdoors until the day of the game would have been even better but was not possible due to the added bleachers.

• 2 weeks later...

Chris Davis was injured because of that sorry a-- turf!!

Didn't he get hurt on the first play? That turf was awful! The commentators were dogging it already in the 1st quarter.

Chris Davis was injured because of that sorry a-- turf!!

Didn't he get hurt on the first play? That turf was awful! The commentators were dogging it already in the 1st quarter.

Yes

60.gif If it walks like a duck and whines like a duck, it must just be a duck..sillyfrogs.jpg or a whatever these are..

AU and UO both got screwed in that game. Probably the worse field conditions for a bowl game in many years. The person that picked that slick winter rye grass for the BCS field should have been fired, but it was not entirely his fault, see below. Among many examples of missed plays due to field conditions Eric Smith sipped in the end zone and missed a sure touchdown pass from Cam. And yes the rye grass turf was grown in Oregon.......

Eric+Smith+Tostitos+BCS+National+Championship+LQ3m5dTNBAkl.jpg

There are several examples of players slipping due to poor conditions, but this was just an example of Cam's humanity. It was a poorly thrown ball.

In what ways were they screwed? We should have won that game by 3 touchdowns honestly.

The overthrown pass to Darvin Adams is a perfect example. Along with the busted play fake punt etc. Auburn very well should have run away with this one.

I would have blown my duck call in his face...then given him a swift kick to the ole sackarooney! Then I would have said Aloha!

:roflol:

Oregon should be lucky they didn't get God Mode Cam

God Mode Cam. That would've been a beat down. The game I see as GMC = SEC Championship or the LSU game.

...or 2nd half of the Iron Bowl--for his leadership and heads-up play as much as his yardage.

selecting two random plays to make a point is just nitpicking. Nothing in that video shows Dyer is down. On the play at the 3:01 mark of the first quarter, the play was blown dead because Newton's forward progress was stopped. What happens after that is immaterial. He was being driven backwards. There isn't a white hat anywhere that won't blow that dead 99% of the time. Oregon fans are severely reaching with both of these and apparently have very little knowledge of the rules in spite of their attempt to quote the book.

selecting two random plays to make a point is just nitpicking. Nothing in that video shows Dyer is down. On the play at the 3:01 mark of the first quarter, the play was blown dead because Newton's forward progress was stopped. What happens after that is immaterial. He was being driven backwards. There isn't a white hat anywhere that won't blow that dead 99% of the time. Oregon fans are severely reaching with both of these and apparently have very little knowledge of the rules in spite of their attempt to quote the book.

I think the ref believed it was an incomplete pass, which given Newton's forward arm motion, is probably correct. Either that, or he was in the grasp.

Any ref that would not blow that Cam play dead should be fired immediately. QBs get the benefit of a doubt 9 times out of 10 when they are being attacked/destroyed by a defensive player. No ref would just let the defense keep pushing a QB back and body slam him if they could help it.

I think the ref believed it was an incomplete pass, which given Newton's forward arm motion, is probably correct. Either that, or he was in the grasp.

NO. Read my post again. Pay close attention to the bold and underlined portions.

Archived