See how AU stacks up against the rest of the SEC after Week 1

DyeHardAllTheWay

What's interesting is that all AU players that made the list for tackles were all members of the secondary. Hope the front seven step it up starting this week.

What's interesting is that all AU players that made the list for tackles were all members of the secondary. Hope the front seven step it up starting this week.

is that surprising considering how many passes were thrown?

PASSES DEFENDED Team Cl G Brup Int Total Avg/G

--------------------------------------------------------

1. Robenson Therezie... AU JR 1 1 2 3 3.00

Chris Davis......... AU SR 1 3 0 3 3.00

Jonathon Mincy...... AU JR 1 3 0 3 3.00

In all fairness to the other teams though they threw the ball 50+ times. Still, very nice site to see.

Nature of air raid teams.

It's interesting to look at but rather meaningless without the context of the level of competition faced.

But how do you rate the level of competition at this point ? My thought is that Wash St. will be a better team than VT by the end of the year, but we will have to wait and see. WDE.

It's interesting to look at but rather meaningless without the context of the level of competition faced.

But how do you rate the level of competition at this point ? My thought is that Wash St. will be a better team than VT by the end of the year, but we will have to wait and see. WDE.

This is exactly what I thought too. Washington State looked much improved, while Virginia Tech handed the game to Alabama.

is that surprising considering how many passes were thrown?

Maybe not, but knowing their offense was pass heavy I would expect the LBs to be in on coverage on those short yard pass plays and screens. Nevertheless, I do understand your point.

This is exactly what I thought too. Washington State looked much improved, while Virginia Tech handed the game to Alabama.

VaTech played good defense. But their receivers are horrible, and special teams coverage was an issue...that or Christian Jones may be a superstar in the making...a player I once thought would commit here.

Nobody hands Alabama anything. Va Tech wins 9 games this year IMO. Wazzou wins 5 maybe 6. Though Wazzou plays Stanford and Oregon, so they'll be a little better than their record will indicate.

Nobody hands Alabama anything. Va Tech wins 9 games this year IMO. Wazzou wins 5 maybe 6. Though Wazzou plays Stanford and Oregon, so they'll be a little better than their record will indicate.

U have fallen and bumped ur head, wash.st wins more than that!! Vatech has an easier schedule than bammers, they should win at least 10gms!!

Va Tech wins 9 games this year IMO. Wazzou wins 5 maybe 6. Though Wazzou plays Stanford and Oregon, so they'll be a little better than their record will indicate.

I would take that bet in a New York minute.

They threw 65 passes.....most of them short ones just past the line. With that type of offense to defend, who would you expect to make the most tackles? Just wondering :-\ And by the way...there isn't a front 7 with the current defensive plan.

They threw 65 passes.....most of them short ones just past the line. With that type of offense to defend, who would you expect to make the most tackles? Just wondering :-\/> And by the way...there isn't a front 7 with the current defensive plan.

with only two lb and 5 db id have to play the odds and still say that the dbs would

I don't know. Maybe. I think VT struggles on offense a lot this year but their D is usually pretty good. I do think WSU will be better than last year. Second year with Leach and so forth. I don't think they will be bottom of their conference.

we had a nice win and all. but wsu is not in the same zip code as Vtech right now. WSU is the kentucky of the pac 12. Leach may change that in the future but they have a ways to go.

we had a nice win and all. but wsu is not in the same zip code as Vtech right now. WSU is the kentucky of the pac 12. Leach may change that in the future but they have a ways to go.

They have a better offense than vatech

They have a better offense than vatech

better passing team. but they lack a good defense and running game. They still have a ways to go.

U have fallen and bumped ur head, wash.st wins more than that!! Vatech has an easier schedule than bammers, they should win at least 10gms!!

The REFS hand uat two-three games per season. Let's be honest...............

Archived