See how AU stacks up against the rest of the SEC after Week 1

DyeHardAllTheWay

we had a nice win and all. but wsu is not in the same zip code as Vtech right now. WSU is the kentucky of the pac 12. Leach may change that in the future but they have a ways to go.

They have a better offense than vatech

better passing team. but they lack a good defense and running game. They still have a ways to go.

Their defense will be fine, their d-coordinator is the same guy that held mighty bama's high powered offense to 6pts goin into the 4th qtr a few yrs back under Dooley! Also played good defense against Lsu that same yr in the infamous les and Dooley screw up game!

LMAO at the fact people think WSU will be better than VT. So much bias, smh. Did VT look particularly good? No. But I will be surprised if WSU will ever be even on par with VT as long as Beamer is there haha

we had a nice win and all. but wsu is not in the same zip code as Vtech right now. WSU is the kentucky of the pac 12. Leach may change that in the future but they have a ways to go.

better passing team. but they lack a good defense and running game. They still have a ways to go.

Their defense will be fine, their d-coordinator is the same guy that held mighty bama's high powered offense to 6pts goin into the 4th qtr a few yrs back under Dooley! Also played good defense against Lsu that same yr in the infamous les and Dooley screw up game!

You're thinking of Justin Wilcox. He is the DC at Washington not Washington St.

Yeah, Washington State's DC is Mike Breske, and he has no track record whatsoever, comparing him to Bud Foster at VA Tech is laughable.

ok, we'll Thats even better than I thought! Didnt wsu beat wash. last yr?

Yeah, Washington State's DC is Mike Breske, and he has no track record whatsoever, comparing him to Bud Foster at VA Tech is laughable.

Not comparing the two, just stateing they have a good defense as well, but vatechs schedule is easier than wsu IMO

I'll not offer an opinion of who will have the better season between WSU and VT, but Mike Leach is a danged good coach, and frequently good coaches have subpar first seasons and overachieving second seasons. I wouldn't be particularly surprised to see it go either way.

In my best Tiger voice, "LMAO at the fact that people think VT has an offense."

VT is better than WSU. No question in my mind. I don't think Auburn played a bowl-bound team, but VT is not a good team. They won six games last year (regular season), and but for their ridiculously light schedule, they'd be on the way to a similar record this year. Even with the schedule, I think that's an 8-4 team at best (seriously, give that schedule a look... it's a joke: http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/259/virginia-tech-hokies).

WSU, on the other hand, plays road games at Oregon, Washington, and USC plus a home date with Stanford. I mean, they're sitting on 7-5 as a best possible outcome on the season already. If you assume Bama is better than Oregon (only time will tell), they play 4 more games against teams as good or better than the next best game on VT's schedule. It's ridiculous. Final records won't tell the story on the quality of these two teams.

I hear ya but don't necessarily agree. I do think WSU is a middle of the pack PAC 12 school, if they stay healthy.

I also think Va Tech is down. Pretty far down. I think they have a championship caliber defense but their offense is well below average. Time will tell. Va Tech will have trouble putting points on the scoreboard.

I hear ya but don't necessarily agree. I do think WSU is a middle of the pack PAC 12 school, if they stay healthy.

I also think Va Tech is down. Pretty far down. I think they have a championship caliber defense but their offense is well below average. Time will tell. Va Tech will have trouble putting points on the scoreboard.

Exactly!!

What does that make Southern Cal? The future is now, big man. Washington State knocked off the Trojans and only scored 10 points in doing so.

USC is a dumpster fire this season. Washington St. is playing much better ball than last season. The defense is making plays for them. If Halliday can eliminate the mistakes they'll be upsetting some other PAC teams.

USC is a dumpster fire this season. Washington St. is playing much better ball than last season. The defense is making plays for them. If Halliday can eliminate the mistakes they'll be upsetting some other PAC teams.

I'd say Wash St. just got a big confidence boost.

The USC loss to WSU will improve outsiders feelings of our win against them. I'm glad they beat Kiffen. I hope this is his last as a head coach.

Archived