2016 4* QB Jawon Pass (Louisville commit)

Austintxtiger

The way he is handling his recruitment so far is reminding me of Torrance Gibson

Time will tell if we dodged a bullet with that guy. He certainly had his share of red flags.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way he is handling his recruitment so far is reminding me of Torrance Gibson

Cant agree with this. Gibson, had a new leader every trip he made. He also made some strange moves while on visits, ie. Tenn Visit. Pass, as far as I know has not done any of this. Pass just has not been happy with what he feels was AU's late offer, compared to others. He is a talented kid.

I have read that AU is still in it for Pass, that Pass is still very interested in AU. Not so sure he is at the top of my list of available QB's now though.

I was thinking the same thing. IMO we wasted a lot of time and energy with Gibson that would have been better invested with some other deserving recruits. Maybe our staff was just trying to decide if they really wanted TG at Auburn.

• 1 month later...

@BMattAU: TIGERS ON TOP | Rivals250 QB Jawon Pass tells @RivalsWoody that Auburn tops his list

"They're definitely my top," Pass said. "They tell me all the time I'm the guy they want but it's all on me whenever I'm ready to make my decision."

https://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1754053 ($)

@BMattAU: TIGERS IN TOP 5 | Correction on earlier story. Jawon Pass said "Auburn in my top," not "my top" My apologies

As in, he said "in my top" group as opposed to "is my top" choice?!?!?! Wow. That's quite a difference.

Clayton, do you know something? You indicated that stuff with Pass had been kept under wraps. Is this someone backtracking to try to keep a commit 'silent', or is a a BMatt screw up?

@BMattAU: TIGERS IN TOP 5 | Correction on earlier story. Jawon Pass said "Auburn in my top," not "my top" My apologies

As in, he said "in my top" group as opposed to "is my top" choice?!?!?! Wow. That's quite a difference.

Clayton, do you know something? You indicated that stuff with Pass had been kept under wraps. Is this someone backtracking to try to keep a commit 'silent', or is a a BMatt screw up?

I was curious about that too.I believe Clayton is from the Columbus area so he just may have some info.

Is this someone backtracking to try to keep a commit 'silent', or is a a BMatt screw up?

No. It was simply Woody Wommack not listening as he conducted the interview. He heard Pass say "They are my top" when Pass actually said "They are in my top", as in top 5. UNC is still trending & remains the team to beat. They are recruiting him the hardest also.

I was curious about that too.I believe Clayton is from the Columbus area so he just may have some info.

Pass says a lot of things to the media that is different compared to what he says to our coaches. UNC is still ahead I believe, but I think he'll end up at Auburn when all is said and done. He's always liked Auburn. Always. The problem is that he's under the impression that he is a program changing recruit in UNC's eyes and that's what is pulling him towards UNC.

Pass says a lot of things to the media that is different compared to what he says to our coaches. UNC is still ahead I believe, but I think he'll end up at Auburn when all is said and done. He's always liked Auburn. Always. The problem is that he's under the impression that he is a program changing recruit in UNC's eyes and that's what is pulling him towards UNC.

I think Pass is the best QB with the best potential that is uncommitted that we are still looking at. I want him.

That & at 1 time he was irritated that 20 teams offered him before AU did. If the staff was sold on him & offered earlier Pass would be an AU commit now.

That & at 1 time he was irritated that 20 teams offered him before AU did. If the staff was sold on him & offered earlier Pass would be an AU commit now.

This too.

This too.

Thanks.

And I am perfectly fine with that.

This too.

Thanks.

Anything for you Britt

As far as I'm concerned he can take a long walk off a short peer. Better yet, a really long walk off a really short peer. I'll tell you what I really love about al.com. In just about every article in the Auburn football section they have to add something about the turds. But to hear them tell it they are completely unbiased.

It's pier. And you're the one that needs to walk off one.

Jeff, just a bit harsh here. He can have his opinion. Must have been a tough day.

Hmmmm ... I was thinking milehighfan must have some really short friends (or colleagues). You might get hurt walking off one of them; but not if they're really short.

Haha. That's why his nickname is "mile high". He is a normal height but his peers are really short.

This too.

Thanks.

Anything for you Britt

Thanks, Clayton. I'll be sure to remember that.

As far as I'm concerned he can take a long walk off a short peer. Better yet, a really long walk off a really short peer. I'll tell you what I really love about al.com. In just about every article in the Auburn football section they have to add something about the turds. But to hear them tell it they are completely unbiased.

It's pier. And you're the one that needs to walk off one.

Jeff, just a bit harsh here. He can have his opinion. Must have been a tough day.

Hmmmm ... I was thinking milehighfan must have some really short friends (or colleagues). You might get hurt walking off one of them; but not if they're really short.

Haha. That's why his nickname is "mile high". He is a normal height but his peers are really short.

:laugh:

so did this mean anything special or like a few, it's just wishful thinking?

It's just a photo edit. All schools do this as part of their recruiting campaign.

Archived