55th in total offense, 92nd in total defense

DyeHardAllTheWay

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

only given up 6 TDs in 3 games right? I'd take that after the last few seasons.

And what are we ranked as far as points scored and scored against? ....ultimately that's all that matters

Scoring offense is 60th, scoring defense is 32nd

And what are we ranked as far as points scored and scored against? ....ultimately that's all that matters

Not necessarily. The total stats are the best indication of the overall coaching.

No....like stated above bammers d is rankes 86 and their the #1 team and as much as we dislike them nick and smart are pretty decent coaches

Does it make you feel any better than Bama is 86th in total D :jossun:

and 74th in offense also keep in mind 50% of the teams ahead of us has played one or 2 cupcakes to start the season

Not necessarily. The total stats are the best indication of the overall coaching.

No....like stated above bammers d is rankes 86 and their the #1 team and as much as we dislike them nick and smart are pretty decent coaches

But obviously they didn't prepare very well for A&M's offense, given how terribly their corners played all game long. That is a reflection of coaching.

But obviously they didn't prepare very well for A&M's offense, given how terribly their corners played all game long. That is a reflection of coaching.

Can't wait to hear your comments when we play a&m then

Somebody lovin' them some Kirby Nick. >:D

Hate to mess up your gripeing session but Washington State's offense will probably finish ahead of every team in the SEC other than maybe TAM. Arky St's will probably finish above all but the top 3 or 4 offenses in the SEC, I'll give you an example, Tulsa finished 1st the two years Gus was there. Yea now there is a real SEC powerhouse. WDE,

I don't think you can put this on the coaches. Players make plays or they don't. Right now our front 7 needs to man up.

I am shocked our D is ranked that low. We have played three pretty decent teams so far. I just re-watched last nights game. The D played outstanding from the middle of the third quarter on. Their QB runs killed us the first two and a half quarters.

DYEHARD! YOU'RE TOTALLY RIGHT! MAKE SURE YOU GET ON THESE GUYS! JJ SHOULD FIRE ALL THE COACHES! WAAAAAAAAA! UNACCEPTABLE!

Yep....Johnson has got to go.....doesn't matter whether we win or lose...it's the statistics that matter to real football fans.

In last year's MSU game, we totalled 216 yards of offense while giving up 388 (a net deficit of 172! yards). This year we more than doubled our offensive yards at 459 while giving up only 27 more yards at 415 (for a net positive of 44 yards). Oh, and we won the game. I'd say that's progress.

I am shocked our D is ranked that low. We have played three pretty decent teams so far. I just re-watched last nights game. The D played outstanding from the middle of the third quarter on. Their QB runs killed us the first two and a half quarters.

The first half has been garbage for us against EVERYONE.

We have literally just existed in the first half when it came to D, we never did anything.

I don't think yards/game is an accurate measure for the defense of a HUHN team. Opposing teams are going to put up yards. To me its a matter of how efficiently the defense allows opposing offenses to be in doing so. I like to look at passer rating, yards/rush and 3rd down conversion rate and points allowed. Right now AU is 5th, 11th, 8th and 4th in the SEC in those areas respectively. Lots of opportunity for improvement there but notable improvement in those areas from the last couple of years.

Also, I really think once we get Ford, Garrett and Davis (the best players at every level of the defense) back healthy and on the field together the defense will make another step forward.

I'm more concerned with scoring D.

Yep, that's the defensive stat that really matters and the stat we have been terrible at the last 4 years. The rest of the stats will indicate areas a team may need to improve on to keep the opponent out of the end zone. We don't want a team to put up yardage, but if it's being done between the 20 yard lines, you can still win ball games while you are working on certain areas of your defense. Being #32 in scoring defense after the first 3 games says that so far we are heading in the right direction.

Archived