Bama S Clinton-Dix Reinstated by NCAA

RunInRed

If they get away with this someone with any kind of male testosterone needs to be front and center claiming foul and calling out the ncaa! I would love for it to be someone from AU, especially pointing out that the FBI and ncaa was on our campus on just hearsay and u cant fund ur way to turdsville with former and current players BRAGGING about accepting money? If this was AU, the doors would have been closed on Tuesday! Everybody should mock the ncaa for the true meaning of the abbreviated letters: NotCheckingBamaAnymore!!

We need strong men with integrity, a man with a very strong leadership type personality! Let's see.... Jay Jacobs, well no. Dr Gouge..... well no. Mike Slive.... well no. Anyone on our BOT...well no! So who will this Auburn or SEC man be?? Let's hope Spurrier or someone from Notre Damn steps up!

This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever...I'm sorry but why would any official at AU or any other university think they had a right to publicly criticize UAT over something like this when that official has NO facts about what's going on at the other school ?

I sure would be upset if some college president from another university weighed in on a problem at AUburn...I mean, don't they have enough work to do trying to manage their own school without sticking their nose in AU business....and IMO that goes both ways.

AU fans can cry and moan about what other schools seem to get away with BUT criticizing or belittling AU people because they wisely keep their mouths shut over this kind of situation just demonstrates that some folks on this board have no common sense. JMO of course.

Are u a bammer in AU clothing? U always have something negative to say about anybody having an oppinion or idea of what they would like to be done to the turds for wrong doing! Now as far as AU people keeping their mouth shut, that sometimes can work against u, just ask our own AD J Jacobs. A closed mouth dont get fed.

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm telling you guys, this was purposely released by the university to deflect the NCAA away from something much deeper. They are hoping the NCAA will take a look and swing a little hammer at them and not do a full rectal like they did in Auburn.

The big "elephant" in the room, pun intended, is the un-named sports agent's representative that Harris has connections to. Why is this person not named in any story? Could it be Luther Davis? And the agent is that UAT booster? That's where I think this all blows up in Bama's face. The pipeline for getting money in their hands has been exposed...JMHO.

I'm telling you guys, this was purposely released by the university to deflect the NCAA away from something much deeper. They are hoping the NCAA will take a look and swing a little hammer at them and not do a full rectal like they did in Auburn.

Yes exactly, and if you don't mind me saying, they did a full rectal at Auburn and found........ nothing! Not even a secondary violation! What bothers me most is the rest of the sports nation still doesn't know this thanks to BSPN!!!!

Admit it ...I mean you have to be somewhat concerned, this just is not good. Especially for a coach that prides himself of having full control of every aspect of his program.....it was a clear violation, and one can easily presume Dix was not the only one he gave $$$ to...

Why would one presume that?

Yes, it's a clear violation. I just don't think the NCAA is in the business of taking down #1 programs over a $250 dollar loan. That was paid back in a couple of weeks. And it was self reported. And the player was suspended immediately along with the coach.

If you think that speaks to some out of control program, so be it. But the NCAA wont.

I know you guys will bring up 1993 Auburn season, but that was a way different time, wasn't self reported, and involved more allegations than just a couple of steaks. Not saying Auburn deserved the punishment, but the situations aren't comparable.

Doesn't it make you at least want to ask why would a coach loan a player money?...???? How many loans were made and to whom? It is a spin game from your point of view for damage control. You have a player two weeks ago tweet he is leaving the team for personnel reasons and shortly change his mind after things are handled. A different issue I note, but the timing of Fluker with a past player and now Ha Ha shows this is not an outside issue but an internal problem.

The big "elephant" in the room, pun intended, is the un-named sports agent's representative that Harris has connections to. Why is this person not named in any story? Could it be Luther Davis? And the agent is that UAT booster? That's where I think this all blows up in Bama's face. The pipeline for getting money in their hands has been exposed...JMHO.

Makes sense to me. I really don't know but it does make sense!

Agent who may not be able cash in on his investment.....mainly ha ha....I think that's is where the leak came from....taking $$$ from agent then potentially not signing with that agent can cause someone to start talking or letting them know if you don't sign with me, I am going to blow the wheels off the entire operation...

All I'm gonna say is Dr Philips High School....Ha-Ha's been getting paid for years

It would take a check or two to cover that car and the custom package to go with it!

The thing that bothers me though, is that this little story might be enough to deflect the NCAA.

Why would you even want a paper trail repaying a loan that was not allowed by the NCAA?

Because it was much larger than $250 IMO.

Why would you even want a paper trail repaying a loan that was not allowed by the NCAA?

Because it was much larger than $250 IMO.

And why if you are the institution that suddenly discovered all of this, do you suspend the player first, (and not say why) then 24 hours later, suspend the coach (then explain why) that supplied the money? Sound a-little strange? Damage control, maybe?

IMO, you suspend the player first bc you want to comply to the NCAA & make it public knowledge- that's what they ask in this situation. Telling why immediately isn't necessary

You suspend the coach after you've followed HR procedure. As an employee with a public institution, telling why complies with the open records act.

The NCAA will have to look into this situation- coaches are well versed not to offer any assistance to players they wouldn't offer to any student. Well, line up updykes the strength coach owes you $500 each.

Isn't this the very essence/reason for the State's Law concerning sports agents ?

Nothing will happen. Especially to bama. They got theirs in the 90s. They are the team everyone loves to hate now. Perfect for ratings. See every reality show. I would love to think the post Weegle777 was correct, but unfortunately, I dont think it is.

All I'm gonna say is Dr Philips High School....Ha-Ha's been getting paid for years

Since Dr Phillips is right across from Universal Studios, I wonder if Turd boosters gave him free visits there. ;)

Maybe some need their memory jogged re Alabama and Dr Phillips....

Bama Bowl Prep a Form of Recruiting Malpractice?

Posted by Brooks on Dec. 21, 2010, 9:03pm

This week WFTV-TV in Orlando reported details of Alabama’s upcoming Capital One bowl preparation plans.

Despite what are apparently sub-standard facilities, the Crimson Tide will hold practice at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips High School to get ready for Michigan State at the Citrus Bowl on New Year’s day.

WFTV reported that Alabama, in addition to renting the high school’s practice fields for a nominal fee, will “pay thousands of dollars to upgrade the facilities at Dr. Phillips.” Alabama will reportedly have a new playing surface installed and is in the process of renovating the locker rooms, which will include a new paint job.

The locker room remodeling and field upgrades will all be done at no cost to Dr. Phillips.

Chase Goodbread of the TUSCALOOSA NEWS reported Monday that Alabama coach Nick Saban said the upgrades were “common” and being done in the interest of “player safety.”

But if that’s the case why didn’t LSU make similar, significant upgrades when it practiced at Dr. Phillips last year before the same bowl game?

Or could Saban be holding out on us, playing Saint Nick in extending some completely innocent, holiday generosity to Dr. Phillips?

Today Andrew Bone of the TUSCALOOSA NEWS may have provided us the answer to those questions.

In running down the state of Alabama’s current recruiting class, Bone noted:

Two key recruits who are committed Alabama, Ha’Sean Clinton-Dix, five-star safety from Dr. Phillips High School in Orlando, Fla., and Brent Calloway, four-star running back from Russellville High School, have roaming eyes at other schools.

Clinton-Dix and his teammate Dee Hart have said there is a “90-percent chance” they will attend the same school. Hart does not name Alabama as a school recruiting him hard at this time, but that may change.

So Dr. Phillips is home to “key” Alabama recruit Clinton-Dix, who could be wavering on his commit to Saban depending on the destination of teammate Dee Hart.

Today, Corey Long of ESPN.com noted of Clinton-Dix and Hart:

Even though he is continuing with his visits, Clinton-Dix remains close with the Alabama program and says he talks to the coaches quite often.

“I call up there at least once a week and see how everything’s going,” Clinton-Dix said. “I think they were down here watching the game.”

Alabama might have a bit of a home-field advantage when the Tide practice in Orlando to prepare for the Capital One Bowl against Michigan State. To make things even better, they will be practice at Dr. Phillips High School.

“I’m looking forward to watching them practice a little bit at my high school,” Clinton-Dix said.

Clinton-Dix and teammate Demetrius Hart have always seemed to acknowledge the rumors surrounding them with a wink and a smile. Right now the plan is for both players to take a couple of visits together and that’s all.

However, even though Clinton-Dix committed to Alabama and Hart committed to Michigan, it’s still possible they will end up playing for the same school.

“I’d say it’s about 85 percent,” Clinton-Dix said. “Maybe 90.”

Like you, I affixed the same percentages to the chance that Alabama would never, ever use bowl preparations as cover to provide thousands of dollars in upgrades to a prized recruit’s school facilities along with facilitating an undue opportunity for coincidental contact with a prized recruit and his prospect friend who are said to be on the fence about their school commitments.

All during what is a recruiting dead period.

Darn the luck.

I never would have imagined that doing anything for a high school, whether you were recruiting players from there or not, would be acceptable behavior for a university. I've never heard this story and I cannot believe that is allowable.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--will-alabama-case-force-ncaa-to-investigate--or-surrender--002539592.html

I've got a feeling the NCAA will run up the white flag. It's a paper tiger with no real desire to really run an investigation. Then there's the opposite end of the spectrum where the NCAA, fearing federal oversight and "labor relations" comes down hard on Bama. I'm leaning towards the gutless coward option.

Maybe some need their memory jogged re Alabama and Dr Phillips....

Bama Bowl Prep a Form of Recruiting Malpractice?

Posted by Brooks on Dec. 21, 2010, 9:03pm

This week WFTV-TV in Orlando reported details of Alabama’s upcoming Capital One bowl preparation plans.

Despite what are apparently sub-standard facilities, the Crimson Tide will hold practice at Orlando’s Dr. Phillips High School to get ready for Michigan State at the Citrus Bowl on New Year’s day.

WFTV reported that Alabama, in addition to renting the high school’s practice fields for a nominal fee, will “pay thousands of dollars to upgrade the facilities at Dr. Phillips.” Alabama will reportedly have a new playing surface installed and is in the process of renovating the locker rooms, which will include a new paint job.

The locker room remodeling and field upgrades will all be done at no cost to Dr. Phillips.

Chase Goodbread of the TUSCALOOSA NEWS reported Monday that Alabama coach Nick Saban said the upgrades were “common” and being done in the interest of “player safety.”

But if that’s the case why didn’t LSU make similar, significant upgrades when it practiced at Dr. Phillips last year before the same bowl game?

Or could Saban be holding out on us, playing Saint Nick in extending some completely innocent, holiday generosity to Dr. Phillips?

Today Andrew Bone of the TUSCALOOSA NEWS may have provided us the answer to those questions.

In running down the state of Alabama’s current recruiting class, Bone noted:

Two key recruits who are committed Alabama, Ha’Sean Clinton-Dix, five-star safety from Dr. Phillips High School in Orlando, Fla., and Brent Calloway, four-star running back from Russellville High School, have roaming eyes at other schools.

Clinton-Dix and his teammate Dee Hart have said there is a “90-percent chance” they will attend the same school. Hart does not name Alabama as a school recruiting him hard at this time, but that may change.

So Dr. Phillips is home to “key” Alabama recruit Clinton-Dix, who could be wavering on his commit to Saban depending on the destination of teammate Dee Hart.

Today, Corey Long of ESPN.com noted of Clinton-Dix and Hart:

Even though he is continuing with his visits, Clinton-Dix remains close with the Alabama program and says he talks to the coaches quite often.

“I call up there at least once a week and see how everything’s going,” Clinton-Dix said. “I think they were down here watching the game.”

Alabama might have a bit of a home-field advantage when the Tide practice in Orlando to prepare for the Capital One Bowl against Michigan State. To make things even better, they will be practice at Dr. Phillips High School.

“I’m looking forward to watching them practice a little bit at my high school,” Clinton-Dix said.

Clinton-Dix and teammate Demetrius Hart have always seemed to acknowledge the rumors surrounding them with a wink and a smile. Right now the plan is for both players to take a couple of visits together and that’s all.

However, even though Clinton-Dix committed to Alabama and Hart committed to Michigan, it’s still possible they will end up playing for the same school.

“I’d say it’s about 85 percent,” Clinton-Dix said. “Maybe 90.”

Like you, I affixed the same percentages to the chance that Alabama would never, ever use bowl preparations as cover to provide thousands of dollars in upgrades to a prized recruit’s school facilities along with facilitating an undue opportunity for coincidental contact with a prized recruit and his prospect friend who are said to be on the fence about their school commitments.

All during what is a recruiting dead period.

Darn the luck.

Now do Y'all see why I say the SEC and possibly AU are lacking leadership? Someone, step up and put a stop to this blatant cheating!

This is my point! Reference the latest Yahoo article. If the NCAA can't discipline a current employee who certainly knows better, who will they enforce? Again, where is Mike Slive and the SEC in all of this?

By NCAA thinking, however, those alleged benefits could be significant because it's not always the monetary value that matters. It's who provided it and why.

Clinton-Dix's benefit was fairly minimal, and his suspension will likely be four games, at most. But how do you excuse the behavior of an athletic department employee who most certainly knew the rules?

Former Alabama offensive linesman D.J. Fluker received benefits from another former player. (AP)

This isn't some out-of-town booster or shadowy agent. He's part of the program. If you can't be cited for failing to control the people internally, then what's the point?

#hotwheelz #payrolltide

For those interested, here's a picture of the Dodge Charger HaHa Clinton-Dix had his possessions stolen from (1 of 2)

BVsLhVaCcAAqgeq.jpg

Here is a side-view of the Dodge Charger Alabama's HaHa Clinton-Dix had his possessions stolen from.

BVsMKiiCEAARKnN.jpg

@Rand_Getlin

That's a nice ride! Impressive rims and custom striping!

Is he handicapped as well??

The blue striping on the parking lot says he is breaking a small but important law. If it is even a spot...

This whole thing is garbage.. I'm glad UA thinks there bigger than the NCAA..oh nothing will come of it..bla blaa bla.. Bamagrad u can not keep playing this down.. coaches paying players.. it does not matter if he paid him back.. Come on man..

This was my point earlier ^^^^^^^^ ...... A current player and coach ........ Who turned them in if it was just between the two? Harris is the bag man they found the smallest infraction possible to report to the NCAA to deflect the giant S*** storm! This is nothing but posturing!

Archived