Scoring projections for Auburn - Texas A&M

StatTiger

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting comparison (cynicism alert!), fwiw:

Texas A&M's 6'1" 201 lb. sophomore dual threat QB has 1800+ yards, 18 TDs, 5 picks so far.

Auburn's 6'1" 210 lb. junior dual threat QB has 904 yards, 4 TDs, 4 ints. so far....playing 1 less game.

As even Ellis Johnson probably realizes (probably), Manziel has a bad day and they're in trouble. We however have a phenomenal stable of RBs if Nick keeps insisting on matching his junior college 18 TD, 18 interception year.

Texas A&M's 6'1" 201 lb. sophomore dual threat QB has 1800+ yards, 18 TDs, 5 picks so far.

Auburn's 6'1" 210 lb. junior dual threat QB has 904 yards, 4 TDs, 4 ints. so far....playing 1 less game.

As even Ellis Johnson probably realizes (probably), Manziel has a bad day and they're in trouble. We however have a phenomenal stable of RBs if Nick keeps insisting on matching his junior college 18 TD, 18 interception year.

You can say that again. :-\

I have No idea what the score might be but, SMU rushed for 93 yards against them and they are ranked 116th in the nation. SMU's top two rushers have combined for 51 attempts so far this year. Thats two yards less than AUBURN's 2nd leading rush attempts! Just saying :dunno:

:wareagle:

One factor hidden in the statistics is that we've only played one road game. How will we handle being the visiting team this.time around? I like our chances, but I wouldn't put money on it.

Anybody catch any of the bald headed weasels show today. Im not sure why I catch myself from time to time listening to that idiot, guess I am just waiting to see what he will say next. What I caught was basically we have no business even thinking we can beat A&M, Bama will cruise against LSU when they play. I heard a call where this guy claimed to be a huge Auburn fan and he was calling in to apologize for Tammy's behavior today. From what I could tell she called in and threw a epic hissy fit. I wanted to choke the guy out over the radio for calling in and playing to Finebammer's hand of portraying us to be the cow college he thinks we are. He even went into a call discussing the Heisman race concerning Manziel, Mariota and a couple of others where be basically already conceded the win to A&M and that we had unreasonable hopes and should be glad we where even 5-1 ......... What a tool.

My prediction is 47-45 good guys. I think we miss a two point conversion somewhere and ultimately get the win from Parkeys leg in a two field goal game from him! WDE

Stat, do we have any data on red zone offense and defense for both teams? Auburn is efficient in the RZ, how good is aTm? How good is Auburn's RZ defense?

AU RZ offense has an 87% scoring percentage, scoring on 20/23 attempts, 11 rush TDs, 4 pass TDs, 5 FGs; 69%

AU RZ defense has allowed scores on 70% of opponents attempts (14/20), allowing 8 rush TDs, 2 pass TDs, 4 FGs; TD percentage of only 50%

TAMU RZ offense has an 81.8% scoring percentage, scoring on 36/44 attempts, 20 rush TDs, 12 pass TDs, 5 FGs; TD percentage of 72%

TAMU RZ defense has allowed scores on 80% of opponents attempts (16/20), 6 rush TDs, 9 pass TDs, 1 FGs; TD percentage of 75%

AU is doing a lot better at holding opponents from scoring TDs compared to TAMU. TAMU is more efficient at scoring in the RZ.

Based Stattigers info, and watching games, I firmly believe AU will be able to run on TAMU, but I think TAMU will attempt to stack the box and force AU to throw to win. NM and/or JJ will need to complete some vertical passes to pull TAMU out of the box as I imagine they will start off with 8 or 9 in the box to stop the AU run game. I still think AU will get at least 200 yards rushing, hopefully more to control the clock to keep TAMU O off the field. I'm most interested how Ellis Johnson is going to game plan for Manziel and the TAMU O. Evans at WR worries me, but I like the AU secondary and have more confidence in them than previous years. The key will be the AU front 7 and ability to contain JM from scrambling. DL can not pursue to far up field and keep in the pocket while still getting pressure.

BSPN ticker showing top 25 matchups then a little blip about the game, showed TAMU as first in SEC in scoring O and total O and last in SEC in scoring D and total D to give more perspective.

You can say that again. :-\/>

Could probably say it more than we'll score this year

Louisville just went down. Another high ranked goes down tomorrow in a shootout.

AU- 45

aTm- 35

I think they just showed us the blueprint for beating aTm ... let them score to take the lead with 2 minutes left, then march down the field for the game winning score with only a few seconds left.

Many on here called me pessimistic based on my last projections in the LSU game, but to prove y'all wrong, I thoroughly believe Auburn may squeeze this one out. Auburn has not lost a game scoring over 30 points since 1995. I believe we'll score at least 30. This will be a tight one, ladies and gentlemen.

Auburn - 38

A&M - 35

Many on here called me pessimistic based on my last projections in the LSU game, but to prove y'all wrong, I thoroughly believe Auburn may squeeze this one out. Auburn has not lost a game scoring over 30 points since 1995. I believe we'll score at least 30. This will be a tight one, ladies and gentlemen.

Auburn - 38

A&M - 35

:yay:

Only thing I can say is there defense shouldn't be able to slow us down one bit

42 points for the good guys

and there is no predicting their score

Auburn - 38

A&M - 35

Haha I know you remember my LSU predictions. Feeling pretty good about today! :wareagle:

Auburn - 38

A&M - 35

Haha I know you remember my LSU predictions. Feeling pretty good about today! :wareagle:

I am, too!

:wedance:

38-26 and not really that close. We have the ball in the red zone as the clock runs out. Our D-ends make JF have a miserable day. Ford,Delaine and the freshmen have him running for his life. Therezie and Whitehead both get interceptions. Anthony Swain becomes a fan favorite today. The defense gives up a couple of big plays but, plays the most physical game of the year and makes aTm pay for every yard. War Eagle!

Looking at FBS competition only...

The Aggies are scoring 63.2% more than their opponent allows, which is impressive to say the least. The problem is their allowing 13.9% more points than their opponent normally scores.

Auburn is currently scoring 12.5% more than their opponent allows, while their defense is holding their opponent to 31.7% below their scoring average.

Taking A&M's average score vs. Auburn's scoring margins and it projects a 37-30 Auburn victory.

Taking Auburn's average score vs. the Aggies scoring margins and it projects a 36-33 Aggie win.

Average the scores and Auburn wins 35-33.

Based on FBS averages and current yardage margins, it projects Auburn to have 504-537 yards this Saturday and for Texas A&M to have 554-655 yards.

Two concerns for Auburn, they need to avoid is a slow start and turnovers. The yardage percentages and margins project the Tigers to rush for 297-341-yards. If this is the case and Auburn wins the turnover battle, I see the Tigers coming out victorious.

379 yards rushing and 1 turnover to 2, StatTiger nails it again.

I predicted 69 total points with AU winning 35-34...and I was under by 17. 1200+ yards of total offense between these two teams. If AU can fix the consistency issues in the passing game...wow!

I predicted 69 total points with AU winning 35-34...and I was under by 17. 1200+ yards of total offense between these two teams. If AU can fix the consistency issues in the passing game...wow!

Really, think about that! We could be scary!

Archived